Weapons of Saturn

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Toberone

Re: Weapons of Saturn [UPDATE August 25, 2014]

Post by Toberone »

Hey are you undecided on the SSG Reload sounds? because I found the CGOPEN/LOAD/CLOSE series in the sound files and personally I think they sound better then the current.
Lippeth

Post by Lippeth »

I had combined the sounds from Killing Floor with that perkristian sound mod, but I remember not being 100% with it, and then I sort of forgot about it. I'll definitely keep your suggestion in mind for the next update!
Echelon5

Post by Echelon5 »

Have you thought about adding special deaths for the plasma rifle and BFG? Like some kind of vaporization effect instead of gibbing. I think it would give the plasma based weapons a unique kick.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

That would require editing the monsters themselves, meaning this would no longer strictly be a weapons mod.
Agitatio

Post by Agitatio »

Solid weapon replacer. Did not expect it to be actually good, but still got pleasantly surprised. Only have one question. Why two pistols? What role are they trying to fill? IMO you should replace both of them with assault rife that you already have. I just can't imagine in what type of situation could they be useful. And I feel that every weapon should be useful. Even in later levels.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

I feel like that BFG9000 replacement is still really underwhelming, namely its secondary function. For its charge time, I figured the BFG Blast would be a little more epic.
Lippeth

Re: Weapons of Saturn [UPDATE November 2, 2014]

Post by Lippeth »

Reduced charge time for BFG, slightly increased damage for both pistols. I had once removed the 1911 because it was kind of redundant, but got enough feedback requesting its return to add it back in, although I've changed the sprites considerably since then. I may add a poll for its judgement. I do however insist that the starting pistol stays.
mamaluigisbagel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Re: Weapons of Saturn [UPDATE November 2, 2014]

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

I was hoping this mod wasn't dead. Glad to see you're still working on it :D and the 1911 was always in my version. I guess I never updated :P

And out of curiosity, why is the BFG's reload time so fast? It seemed kinda unbalanced or something.
Lippeth

Re: Weapons of Saturn [UPDATE November 3, 2014]

Post by Lippeth »

Made a quick update for BFG reload time. I haven't been around much lately and sort of come and go with this project. I also added a few frames to the rocket launcher to make it seem like it holds two sets of six rockets instead of a full 12 round drum.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Anyone know where i can get JUST the pistol skin for use with Brutal Doom?
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Lippeth wrote:Made a quick update for BFG reload time. I haven't been around much lately and sort of come and go with this project. I also added a few frames to the rocket launcher to make it seem like it holds two sets of six rockets instead of a full 12 round drum.
Looks good so far. This plays well as a sort of vanilla+ weapon set, nothing too crazy, just polished weapons with good sounds, reloads, and functions to fill the original roles.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Skrell wrote:Anyone know where i can get JUST the pistol skin for use with Brutal Doom?
use the slade or slumped, we're ripping 'em basically.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Captain J wrote:
Skrell wrote:Anyone know where i can get JUST the pistol skin for use with Brutal Doom?
use the slade or slumped, we're ripping 'em basically.
I faintly recall someone releasing this a mod for Brutal Doom with JUST this skin....anyone else or am i losing it ?
Doomguy5th

Post by Doomguy5th »

Wow. Since I got OBS to work smoothly, I can finally do videos with your mod. Even better, since there's a demo for BTSX E2, I might as well try that with your mod, since other mods just didn't fit perfectly.

EDIT: 'cuz Project MSX on this map was just too much fun.
Spoiler:
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hi there everyone! 8-)

Before anything, my congratulations to the author, Lippeth for making such a magnificent work with this really-splendid weapon mod! In fact, I discovered it relatively a few days ago, but WOW, I fell instantly in love with it at the first time I loaded it in GZDoom! Undoubtedly, I found in it a serious alternative to Brutal Doom, the actually available arsenal in this mod rocks hard! :o

However, I also encountered in it some minor issues and yeah, some possible improvements that I though they could be implemented in the WOS current version. So, if the original author gives me permission, I would like to bring all of you a customized & slightly improved version of the mod (edited with help of SLADE, Paint.net and Ocenaudio sound editor) in which I made the following changes:

- Added previously missing GL dynamic lights to some items and artifacts.
- Some fixings in the Chainsaw: added a starting sound when switching to it, fixed the wall-sawing sounds and added perforing-wall decals, and minor tweakings in the volume sounds. :chainsaw:
- Most weapons bobspeed increased by 1.5, and updated some weapon tags & obituaries.
- Some changes in the shotguns: the Riot Gun now reloads a bit more faster, and the Coach Gun will be automatically reloaded when there are not loaded shells! (Similar to BD behaviour).
- Swapped the primary and secondary fire for Coach Gun and for the BFG. (Might be a question of personal taste, but I prefer the more powerful attack under primary fire button like in Vanilla Doom!)
- Restored the Waffen Nazis and their MP40s. (I like them, and find them too well done to keep them in disuse!) :p
- Included a new secondary fire attack for the MP40. Now, each time you pull the trigger, a very fast 5-bullet burst will be shot, perfect for dispatching more quickly big hordes of enemies. (Or those huge, tougher and annoying foes!) :twisted:
- Some other minor changes I don't remember right now...

So, if you are interested in trying it, you can download it clicking the link right below:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0qxpf ... _HXRTC.PK3

EDIT: Updated version, this one fixes a fatal crash with Coach Gun secondary fire and includes some max ammo tweakings:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7jdxq ... XRTCu1.PK3

And that's not all! I've also updated my BTSX HUD 2.x for being completely compatible with Weapons Of Saturn, so now you can also taste it for a somewhat improved gaming experience! Here I leave you a screenshot as a sample:

Wanna test it too? OK, then I leave you the relevant link for downloading it...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bio8c ... S_V2.5.PK3

Hope you enjoy it! Cheerio... :cheers:
Last edited by Hexereticdoom on Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”