Weapons of Saturn

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Lippeth

Re: Weapons of Saturn [UPDATE February 11, 2015]

Post by Lippeth »

The way I wanted the dual pistols to work is quite a lot more involved than I had originally intended. I wanted them to fire and reload independently from one another, but with my current knowledge and skills am limited to keeping them on a single sprite per frame, so I set the whole idea aside for until I can figure out how to show two different sprite sets on the screen at the same time and have them fire and reload independently (left click for left pistol, right click for right pistol).
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

Synthfire. The thing you're describing is synthfire. I (or quite a number of other community members, actually) could help you out with that.
Lippeth

Post by Lippeth »

I'm definitely interested. I'm assuming that ACS is involved, and Iv'e not done anything more with that than make a door say 'hello'.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Yes, ACS is involved. Honestly, I'd recommend spending time to study ACS, because once you've gotten into it, it's really no more complicated than DECORATE is.

Off the top of my head, Accessories to Murder and The Trailblazer are examples of mods with a working synthfire system, so you could study examples there.
Lippeth

Post by Lippeth »

Good call, Those two mods are great examples to learn anything from, thanks a bunch!
electricbolt

Post by electricbolt »

Man, I'm loving this mod. It perfectly captures the essence of vanilla doom and takes it to a new level.

I only have an issue with the plasma rifle's alternative fire: it is way overpowered for the amount of ammo it consumes. I mean, I can kill a Baron of Hell with just 3 secondary shots and only use 15 bullets, that's insane! I would suggest decreasing the alt-fire's damage, or increase the the amount of ammo per secondary shot.

Anyway, just feel like sharing my opinion.

Keep up the awesome work.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Both versions of this mod are great to play. They feel very polished and fit in well with things like Smooth Doom monsters or a tougher monster mod. One thing I'd like to see is maybe more items. The OSCJ mod fills a similar role to this, vanilla+ and it has a lot of cool extra items you can find, like hologram decoys, etc. Maybe some sort of light gun upgrade system as well, like higher capacity mags? I think the AR already has this, right? Sometimes I have an assault rifle that loads up to 40-50 rounds instead of 30.

The HUD is great too, it's actually one of my favorite HUD designs. Close to vanilla, but some added functionality.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Hey, weird question: i see a machinepistol in the game... wanna use this glock i whipped up for it? you'll probably have to recode it, but the machinepistol would be perfect for the glock, like Counterstrike!

http://www.filedropper.com/cc-tweakpack
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Crudux Cruo wrote:Hey, weird question: i see a machinepistol in the game... wanna use this glock i whipped up for it? you'll probably have to recode it, but the machinepistol would be perfect for the glock, like Counterstrike!

http://www.filedropper.com/cc-tweakpack
Hey, it's cool, may could be a good substitute for 1911 pistol... :yup:
Uninstall

Post by Uninstall »

Hi guys,

I am looking for some modding help. Basically it is some easy sprites/sound editing but unfortunately I am not gifted with well modding skills - that is why I came here to ask for help. As I know time is limited and I am quite sure there would be no one around that would just help me because I am a nice guy, I am offering an UNCUT Key from Wolfenstein the New Order or 30,--€ paid via paypal for anyone who can help me here.

If you have read this far may I explain to you what I am looking for. If you would like to
help me out, please be so kind and edit the mod called "WEAPONS OF SATURN".
I am a big fan of this mod but there are some minor things I would like to see changed.

Here you can download the resscource files: https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/69 ... 255/c4587b

This link contains two files.
Ressources.wad: This is basically the content I would like to see in the "Weapons of Saturn" mod.
Weapons of Saturn.pk3: This is the file I would like to see edited.

Please change the following:
1. Please delete the second Pistol (1911).
2. Please make the CombatRifle from Slot 4 to be at Slot 2.
3. Please change SSG from "WEAPONS OF SATURN" into the one from "Ressources.wad".
4. Please add the Shotgun from "Ressources.wad" to Slot 8.
5. Please change RocketLauncher from "WEAPONS OF SATURN" into the one from "Ressources.wad".
6. Please add the Doom64 Chaingun from "Ressources.wad" to Slot 4
7. Please change Minigun firing sound from "WEAPONS OF SATURN" into the one from "Ressources.wad".
8. Please take out all the "shaking" effects when firing a weapon. I am getting headache from this camera shaking effect...

Many thanks in advance for anyone who finds the time to help me out here. Your work will
be appreciated and remunerated. If the job is done if will immediately pay or send you the gaming key.

Best wishes always.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

That UNCUT Wolfenstein key seems to be A BIT OUT OF RULES, IMOH. But I do not want to play the part of the pooper, expecially here on ZDForums. Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding.
Onar4241

Post by Onar4241 »

Uninstall wrote:Hi guys,

I am looking for some modding help. Basically it is some easy sprites/sound editing but unfortunately I am not gifted with well modding skills - that is why I came here to ask for help. As I know time is limited and I am quite sure there would be no one around that would just help me because I am a nice guy, I am offering an UNCUT Key from Wolfenstein the New Order or 30,--€ paid via paypal for anyone who can help me here.

If you have read this far may I explain to you what I am looking for. If you would like to
I am a big fan of this mod but there are some minor things I would like to see changed.

Here you can download the resscource files: https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/69 ... 255/c4587b

Ressources.wad: This is basically the content I would like to see in the "Weapons of Saturn" mod.

3. Please change SSG from "WEAPONS OF SATURN" into the one from "Ressources.wad".
5. Please change RocketLauncher from "WEAPONS OF SATURN" into the one from "Ressources.wad".
7. Please change Minigun firing sound from "WEAPONS OF SATURN" into the one from "Ressources.wad".
8. Please take out all the "shaking" effects when firing a weapon. I am getting headache from this camera shaking effect...

Many thanks in advance for anyone who finds the time to help me out here. Your work will
be appreciated and remunerated. If the job is done if will immediately pay or send you the gaming key.

Best wishes always.
Your link has issues. Use the attachment button instead.
Uninstall

Post by Uninstall »

Onar4241 wrote:Your link has issues. Use the attachment button instead.
I am sorry. Adding it as attachment does not work as the file is too big (9mb). Besides - the link is working. Just tried it on on two PCs, Smartphone and Tablet.

Best Regards
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Uninstall wrote:Hi guys,

Best wishes always.
I'll give it a crack, even if I am not quite familiar with the thing. This might be hell of a ride, even if sounds kinda simple.

EDIT: Oh and no worries, it won't land anywhere outside of the guy in question's hard drive, I respect OP's work. :wink:
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

So I've been doing some code monkeying around and I changed one or two things to add a few "Enhancements" aka dehancements to change WoS around to make it more like original DOOM but making it totally not like it at all. Made a topic on the projects page to clean this up.

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=48985
Last edited by faslrn on Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:35 pm, edited 125 times in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”