urban warfare (download link fixed)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
goldsteed

urban warfare (download link fixed)

Post by goldsteed »

urban warfare AUGUST 2014 UPDATE v2.5
a weapons and enemy wad

this mod changes the weapons of the original doom and doom 2 arsenal while also add a few a couple of features as well to change the original doom experience but still keeping what made doom so much fun as of right now version 3 is not completely finished there are still some stuff I have to add, change, and experiment with so for now because i wanted to originally released this of urban warfare's bday i am uploading the beta test today to see what people think of it and what needs to be changed, removed or added so i think i rambled on enough so enjoy the mod

old description of the of the mod (I'm just keeping it here for historic reasons)
Spoiler:
background
originally this wad was going to be called ultra tactical doom and it was going to be a graphic wad but I decide to change as I learned how to work with decorate

teaser
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_JfhQoHSqE

preview pictures
Spoiler:
changelog
Spoiler:
official remake in the works
https://goldsteed.itch.io/fubar

download
https://www.mediafire.com/file/arag6i9z ... 5.pk3/file

old download
https://www.mediafire.com/file/62fhmpkm ... e.wad/file
Last edited by goldsteed on Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:36 pm, edited 10 times in total.
DoomNukem

Re: urban warfare

Post by DoomNukem »

Nice mod, I really like the fem zombies they add a lot of variety, most of the weapons look really nice especially with the sleeves.
a few slight complaints but, alot of the weapons look like they were from realm667 and the animations are a bit stiff, there seems to be lots of machineguns, maybe too much as they all dont seem too different in function, the starting rifle is a bit boring to fire too and the walking sounds are really really annoying haha.

but other than that it's good stuff could just use a bit more polish.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Is this related to that Spec Ops mod from awhile back? I remember it had similar weapon sprites and sleeves, like that pump shotty.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Is there a way to download this without signing up for a 4shared account? Even the free download seems to be asking me to sign up.
ArielBoss

Post by ArielBoss »

Enjay wrote:Is there a way to download this without signing up for a 4shared account? Even the free download seems to be asking me to sign up.
No way, need sign up :?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Oh well, I can just wait until (or if) the mod becomes available elsewhere. I don't fancy setting up yet another online account, especially for a service that other sites provide without strings attached.
goldsteed

Post by goldsteed »

-Ghost- wrote:Is this related to that Spec Ops mod from awhile back? I remember it had similar weapon sprites and sleeves, like that pump shotty.
well the specs ops was a big inspirtion for this mod and i really liked sleves with black gloves hands same with the shotgun the shotgun used here is the duke shotgun
goldsteed

Post by goldsteed »

DoomNukem wrote:Nice mod, I really like the fem zombies they add a lot of variety, most of the weapons look really nice especially with the sleeves.
a few slight complaints but, alot of the weapons look like they were from realm667 and the animations are a bit stiff, there seems to be lots of machineguns, maybe too much as they all dont seem too different in function, the starting rifle is a bit boring to fire too and the walking sounds are really really annoying haha.

but other than that it's good stuff could just use a bit more polish.
thank i'm glad you liked it this was my first mod and yes most of these weapons except for the crow bar are from realm667 i tried makeing my own weapons and i'd always stress out to the point where i said screw it and your probadly right i think looking back i got kinda carried away with the machine guns i will be updateing them soon and as for the starting combat rifle i am trying to work on it to be better but i might just go to have it a pistol and as for the walk sounds i've found them annoying as well i might delete all together abut anyways thanks for the suggestion the complains i will try to fix them to better please you all
goldsteed

Post by goldsteed »

Enjay wrote:Is there a way to download this without signing up for a 4shared account? Even the free download seems to be asking me to sign up.
i apolize about that i forgot pepol need accounts to down files on 4shared.com i will updated the download link soon
Bitterman

Post by Bitterman »

-Ghost- wrote:Is this related to that Spec Ops mod from awhile back? I remember it had similar weapon sprites and sleeves, like that pump shotty.

They come from JoeyTD's sprite sheets, it includes some weapons like that shotgun.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Thanks for the more friendly download link.

First impressions (only played the first couple of maps in Doom2) - quite a nice simple mod that changes the feel of gameplay enough to be interesting yet keeping much of what makes Doom fun.

Points to consider:
The combat rifle timing felt a little off to me. I don't have a problem with its rate of fire but it doesn't feel as if it responds quickly enough to a trigger press. I'd look at making the button-press to fire-time a little shorter.

Different Imp types can infight. You might want to make them the same species to avoid this. If you don't, imp hordes can pretty much eliminate themselves without you having to do anything much. I suspect that this may also affect other enemy types.

The Thompson is nice but there is an unwanted animation of a few stray pixels on the top of the weapon near the sight when you fire. Also, the back of the sight is that green colour that I associate with "electronic aiming screen" details on a weapon. This seems inappropriate for a Thompson.

I thought that a lot of the automatic weapons were a bit samey. Some of them don't really seem to add much that isn't already covered by the other weapons and seem to be there only to boost the weapon count. I'd look closely and ask yourself if any of them can be trimmed out and still leave the mod being fun. I suspect at least one or two can. Perhaps the same can be said for the melee weapons although this is not as bad.

Speaking of melee weapons, the crowbar and the knife making the same clanging noise when you hit a wall seems odd. I'd look at replacing the knife clang with something more suitable.

You have mixed centred and sided weapons. It doesn't bother me but I know that some people don't like that.

However, the rocket launcher does bother me. If it off to one side and it is very obvious that the projectile spawns centrally. ie it doesn't look as if the rocket comes from the launcher. Also, I found the line of the launcher misleading. When using the sprite to aim rather than the crosshair, I found that I was aiming off to one side quite badly.

Finally, I don't like the door sound. There is something about it that makes it sound almost like something from the user interface than the game world. Its got a sort of electronic "you found a secret" feeling to the early part of the sound and it sounds weird to get something like that when I open a door or when enemies open a door elsewhere in the level.

[edit]
Oh yes, I also forgot to mention that there are a bunch of errors reported when the game starts:

Definition of random sound 'soilder/pain' refers to itself recursively.Definition of random sound 'human/10mm' refers to itself
Tried to register class 'Fatso' more than once.
Tried to register class 'Demon' more than once.
Tried to register class 'Spectre' more than once.
Tried to register class 'RadSuit' more than once.
Tried to register class 'PlayerStep' more than once.
Tried to register class 'GreenArmor' more than once.
Tried to register class 'BlueArmor' more than once.
Tried to register class 'HealthBonus' more than once.
Tried to register class 'Stimpack' more than once.
Tried to register class 'Medikit' more than once.
Tried to register class 'BloodSplashBase' more than once.
Tried to register class 'KnifePuff' more than once.
Tried to register class 'WolfensteinSS' more than once.
Fists is not a weapon
DEPistol is not a weapon
DukeShotgun is not a weapon
Spawn ID 116 refers to hidden class type 'WolfensteinSS'
Editor number 84 refers to hidden class type 'WolfensteinSS'
Spawn ID 8 refers to hidden class type 'Demon'
Editor number 3002 refers to hidden class type 'Demon'
Spawn ID 9 refers to hidden class type 'Spectre'
Editor number 58 refers to hidden class type 'Spectre'
Spawn ID 112 refers to hidden class type 'Fatso'
Editor number 67 refers to hidden class type 'Fatso'
Spawn ID 68 refers to hidden class type 'GreenArmor'
Editor number 2018 refers to hidden class type 'GreenArmor'
Spawn ID 69 refers to hidden class type 'BlueArmor'
Editor number 2019 refers to hidden class type 'BlueArmor'
Spawn ID 136 refers to hidden class type 'RadSuit'
Editor number 2025 refers to hidden class type 'RadSuit'
Spawn ID 152 refers to hidden class type 'HealthBonus'
Editor number 2014 refers to hidden class type 'HealthBonus'
Spawn ID 23 refers to hidden class type 'Stimpack'
Editor number 2011 refers to hidden class type 'Stimpack'
Spawn ID 24 refers to hidden class type 'Medikit'
Editor number 2012 refers to hidden class type 'Medikit'
Warning: Fatso and Fatso both have doomednum 67.
Warning: Demon and Demon both have doomednum 3002.
Warning: Spectre and Spectre both have doomednum 58.
Warning: RadSuit and RadSuit both have doomednum 2025.
Warning: GreenArmor and GreenArmor both have doomednum 2018.
Warning: BlueArmor and BlueArmor both have doomednum 2019.
Warning: HealthBonus and HealthBonus both have doomednum 2014.
Warning: Stimpack and Stimpack both have doomednum 2011.
Warning: Medikit and Medikit both have doomednum 2012.
Warning: WolfensteinSS and WolfensteinSS both have doomednum 84.
nukagesplashsmall is not an Actor (in splash nukage)
lavasmoke2 is not an Actor (in splash Lava)
goldsteed

Post by goldsteed »

Spoiler:
yes i see where your coming from and dont worry an update will be comeing soon that will fix most of these things as for the errors i've notice them too but i dont really know how to really fix theses warning again i am very new to programing so i'm not sure as for the crowbar and the knife makeing the same sounds idk why this happens either but i ill essure you i will be looking into these problems and trying to fix them within the next update
Last edited by goldsteed on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

You don't need to use the doomednums (usually like "ACTOR NewStimpack 2011") - you could just use "Actor NewStimPack replaces Stimpack" - this works better - and it will remove those errors. Also, downloading now to try this out.

You're getting there! You do need to polish this up. Obviously, they're Realm667 ripped. But that's how you start. Don't make this a habit now! It's fine to rip things from Realm667 - but heavily modify the weapons, or use the sprites to create your own. That's how you learn.

But for now, it's not bad. Better than what I first created (god, this sounds familiar).
goldsteed

Re: urban warfare (download link fixed)

Post by goldsteed »

bumped to announce I've updated the download links
Alb800

Re: urban warfare (download link fixed)

Post by Alb800 »

cool mod,I liked it a lot,Thanks for fixing the link

Return to “Gameplay Mods”