Crossfire ~ v0.81 (5/1/2019)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Crossfire ~ [v0.80 - 4/29/2019]

Post by wildweasel »

Oh man, I'm glad you're back! Hopefully this update brings the mod some more attention, as this has been one of the nicer pseudo realism experiences I've had since Immoral Conduct.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Nice to see an update on this, thanks for this!

One small problem that still persists:

The easiest difficulty is using HMP spawns as opposed to UV like the description says.
Samarai1000
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Samarai1000 »

This seems like a very cool mod, but is there a way to disable the debug message spam for an unsupported resolution, or do I have to not play in widescreen?
rollingcrow
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by rollingcrow »

Valherran wrote:The easiest difficulty is using HMP spawns as opposed to UV like the description says.
Fixed.
Samarai1000 wrote:This seems like a very cool mod, but is there a way to disable the debug message spam for an unsupported resolution, or do I have to not play in widescreen?
Unfortunately, the script that makes the screen effects widescreen friendly only supports resolutions are exactly 4:3, 16:9, 16:10, or 17:10, so any resolution that doesn't produce one of those aspect ratios (be it through arbitrary window sizes, scale factor, or otherwise any resolution that isn't one of those ratios) throw that message up. I'll probably add some sort of toggle or just prevent their drawing when using an unsupported resolution as a stopgap.
Samarai1000

Post by Samarai1000 »

Se7eNytes wrote:*snip*
That's a bit peculiar! My monitor resolution is 1360x768, with a 16:9 aspect ratio. I don't know why it wouldn't be working in that case. Thanks for responding, anyways!
-Ghost-

Re: Crossfire ~ v0.80 (4/29/2019)

Post by -Ghost- »

Wow, an update! I still play this every once in awhile, good to see you still working on it.
Samarai1000

Re: Crossfire ~ v0.80 (4/29/2019)

Post by Samarai1000 »

Well, I found a... sort of compromise. Using the resolution 1366x768 stops the errors from appearing and has the graphics scale to my screen properly. Unfortunately, this isn't my monitor's native resolution, so everything looks odd, discolored, stretched, etc. Compromises kinda suck sometimes.

Anyways, this mod is ridiculously cool! I love how the dynamic accuracy and fast but limited sprinting encourages a sort of 'stop and pop' style of gameplay. Like the thing you'd see in a cover shooter, but actually fun! The weapons are really punchy and satisfying to use, and the visual effects are really neat. The blood effects especially are really eye-catching without being overbearing.
rollingcrow
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Crossfire ~ v0.81 (5/1/2019)

Post by rollingcrow »

Updated with a few more fixes, most notably that the HUDMessages should now work with almost any (5:4 being a huge exception) resolution/scale factor/window size (for the most part - some resolutions cause the graphics to get cut off but still manage to fill the screen).

Download v0.81 here!

Changes:

Code: Select all

- Change: Auto shotgun now fires in 2 shot bursts when the trigger is held
- Change: Bullets converted to ZScript
- Change: Recently killed enemies no longer block bullets
- Fixed: Bullets always spawn blood when possible
- Fixed: Difficulty 1's description corrected
- Fixed: Explosive barrels spawn sparks when hit
- Fixed: HUDMessages now support almost any resolution
- Removed: "Yes" and "No" language lump replacements
Bodhisattva
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Bodhisattva »

I'm really loving this mod! Looking forward to possible future updates.
ValeriePalerie

Post by ValeriePalerie »

Enjoying this immensely! Playing through Evilution and having a blast planning out encounters, there isn't really any other mod I can think of that works the way this one does in combat.

Couple of feedback points:

Slow monsters seem to have a habit of darting around so much it's hard to hit with certain weapons, to the point I find playing on the aggressive settings easier, simply because it's easier to predict enemy movement.

Would really enjoy more discreet difficulty options, such as toggling the effects of the free refills between levels or tactical reload penalties etc.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”