[REL] Mobius

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [REL] Mobius

Post by Tapwave »

DartPower wrote: Im dont know, what that have led me to the creation of this WAD, i dont kno why im maked it.
Yet you've still gone through the trouble of collecting a bunch of random stuff, smash it all together with no credits or worry for gameplay, and toss it our way.
I expected that with the reception your other mods got, you'd have thought about putting stuff down and thinking your mods through before making them, but I guess that's a pipe dream.
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

DartPower wrote: Here is no credits :(
If im writing it, im die with boring...
Every time you use something, write the author immediately in the list, so you're not finding all the authors at once and compiling the list there.
That's probably going to make you "die with boring." But you need credits. Using something without credit is stealing.

EDIT: So I decided to try this:
  • Off the bat I notice the mod is 114 MB. That's always a nice sign...
  • The logo is totally unreadable
  • I recognize that title music from the ambient music wad, but I don't know exactly where it's from.
  • 8 episodes. Hell on Earth is not removed.
  • I begin MAP01 and get this white fog. A shotgunner and a Nazi officer from Wolfenstein 3D await me replacing the two Zombiemen.
  • The drop and the stairs are gone, so these are actually edited versions of the vanilla maps
  • Recognized the Nazi sounds from WW's Nazis!
  • The zombies are shouting "STAY ALERT BROTHERS" and "I MUST BE HEARING THINGS", so they're from RGA2. The HUD is from the same mod.
  • I see more recognizable sprites, like the Twilight Warrior pistol and Immoral Conduct shotgun. Mismatching hands and gun angles.
  • I also recognize that chainsaw, but I'm not sure where it's from... maybe Weapons of Saturn? When I use it on something, it spills no blood.
  • The grass texture is replaced. I use the rocket launcher on the pack of imps outdoors, and blow myself up, since the rocket shoots random debris.
  • I pick up the Half Life 2 crossbow. It has a scope altfire, but I wouldn't use this for sniping since the projectile is so slow. The bolts can be reused.
  • At this point I give all and recognize most of the weapons- WRW rips, Ghostbuster proton pack and traps from GvH that don't work, CS rips, ST weapons, Doomcenter, etc.
  • Some weapons are even sharing the exact same sprites (two used the ST minigun, a bunch used the Duke3D shotgun, two used a ROTT sprite, etc.)
  • One weapon, using Doom64 chaingun sprites was silent
  • One weapon was a magical weapon, primary fire spamming the screen with blue fire, killing framerate, and the altfire summoning an Afrit (Scythe 2)
  • The BFG sprites are bugged, as half of the frames are a green/black square rather than a ball.
  • I try the maps next. "Ghoul Series" are straight rips of the classic 3 Ghoul wads.
  • "Zap Missions" takes me to a map from Doom Barracks Zone. Typing "nextmap" takes me to a place full of Metroids, zombies, and Ghouls. It looks like it's out of Invasion UAC, due to the setting, style, and the sign which looks familiar. I stop here.
  • "Portal Adventure" is a straight rip of ZPortal.
  • "Mobius" starts with a pretty cool MAP01 edit, albeit full of mid-tier monsters off the bat. The next map, however, is a base with strangely upbeat music playing. I'm supposed to navigate and find someplace, but it tells me to use stealth in fear of the "Sentinels". I see why when I attack an Imp Warlord with my "chainsaw" (reskinned as the Heretic gauntlets), as Archviles teleport in and kill me. I stop here.
  • "Presentation Maps" are the test maps for the Monster, Boss, and Weapon resource wads, respectively. The first has a really uncalled for action track playing, the second has a calm track, as if I'm at some scene full of nature, and the third has TNT: Evilution music.
  • "Membrance 2 Lite" takes me to yet another edited MAP01, with everything besides the room with the first two zombies deleted, the floors leveled once more, water on the ground, and water outside a window with Line Horizon. After almost leaving thinking that that was it, a wall-hump some more and find a switch in pitch-black darkness. The rest of the level basically is normal except most of the monsters are missing, and the secrets have keys that you need to get to the next one, and you need the last key to open the exit. Next is a bizarre version of MAP04, starting in the last room with the walls and bridge, with one side full of lava. On the way, I notice a marine, who on death pulls down his pants and clenches his now-riddled gonads. I activate a switch with red key markings. The MAP05 music plays as GZDoom crashes on me. I end here.
So basically he copied 4 Cutman wads outright, copied 3 resource wads, made some poor maps, and ripped a WHOLE LOT of weapons, and to top it all off, not one name mentioned.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

DartPower wrote:
wildweasel wrote:Got the credits?
Here is no credits :(
Then your download link has been removed until you can get some. It might be boring, but it is necessary.
thonglover
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by thonglover »

Even though he provides credits its not even worth downloading or playing, he outright Stole all of this stuff smashed it together and called it a mod, (its really not a mod) Even though i never played it by looking at the videos, I can tell you straight from the gecko its a messy piece of crap.

If you want to make a mod but you cant script or make sprites ether ask someone for help, ask the author of the resource can you use/borrow their stuff or LEARN how to make sprites or how to code, One last thing people work hard on stuff like that, Sprite art is not easy neither is coding.
DartPower

Post by DartPower »

TheMightyHeracross wrote:
DartPower wrote: Here is no credits :(
Every time you use something, write the author immediately in the list, so you're not finding all the authors at once and compiling the list there.
That's probably going to make you "die with boring." But you need credits. Using something without credit is stealing.

EDIT: So I decided to try this:
  • Off the bat I notice the mod is 114 MB. That's always a nice sign...
  • The logo is totally unreadable
  • I recognize that title music from the ambient music wad, but I don't know exactly where it's from.
  • 8 episodes. Hell on Earth is not removed.
  • I begin MAP01 and get this white fog. A shotgunner and a Nazi officer from Wolfenstein 3D await me replacing the two Zombiemen.
  • The drop and the stairs are gone, so these are actually edited versions of the vanilla maps
  • Recognized the Nazi sounds from WW's Nazis!
  • The zombies are shouting "STAY ALERT BROTHERS" and "I MUST BE HEARING THINGS", so they're from RGA2. The HUD is from the same mod.
  • I see more recognizable sprites, like the Twilight Warrior pistol and Immoral Conduct shotgun. Mismatching hands and gun angles.
  • I also recognize that chainsaw, but I'm not sure where it's from... maybe Weapons of Saturn? When I use it on something, it spills no blood.
  • The grass texture is replaced. I use the rocket launcher on the pack of imps outdoors, and blow myself up, since the rocket shoots random debris.
  • I pick up the Half Life 2 crossbow. It has a scope altfire, but I wouldn't use this for sniping since the projectile is so slow. The bolts can be reused.
  • At this point I give all and recognize most of the weapons- WRW rips, Ghostbuster proton pack and traps from GvH that don't work, CS rips, ST weapons, Doomcenter, etc.
  • Some weapons are even sharing the exact same sprites (two used the ST minigun, a bunch used the Duke3D shotgun, two used a ROTT sprite, etc.)
  • One weapon, using Doom64 chaingun sprites was silent
  • One weapon was a magical weapon, primary fire spamming the screen with blue fire, killing framerate, and the altfire summoning an Afrit (Scythe 2)
  • The BFG sprites are bugged, as half of the frames are a green/black square rather than a ball.
  • I try the maps next. "Ghoul Series" are straight rips of the classic 3 Ghoul wads.
  • "Zap Missions" takes me to a map from Doom Barracks Zone. Typing "nextmap" takes me to a place full of Metroids, zombies, and Ghouls. It looks like it's out of Invasion UAC, due to the setting, style, and the sign which looks familiar. I stop here.
  • "Portal Adventure" is a straight rip of ZPortal.
  • "Mobius" starts with a pretty cool MAP01 edit, albeit full of mid-tier monsters off the bat. The next map, however, is a base with strangely upbeat music playing. I'm supposed to navigate and find someplace, but it tells me to use stealth in fear of the "Sentinels". I see why when I attack an Imp Warlord with my "chainsaw" (reskinned as the Heretic gauntlets), as Archviles teleport in and kill me. I stop here.
  • "Presentation Maps" are the test maps for the Monster, Boss, and Weapon resource wads, respectively. The first has a really uncalled for action track playing, the second has a calm track, as if I'm at some scene full of nature, and the third has TNT: Evilution music.
  • "Membrance 2 Lite" takes me to yet another edited MAP01, with everything besides the room with the first two zombies deleted, the floors leveled once more, water on the ground, and water outside a window with Line Horizon. After almost leaving thinking that that was it, a wall-hump some more and find a switch in pitch-black darkness. The rest of the level basically is normal except most of the monsters are missing, and the secrets have keys that you need to get to the next one, and you need the last key to open the exit. Next is a bizarre version of MAP04, starting in the last room with the walls and bridge, with one side full of lava. On the way, I notice a marine, who on death pulls down his pants and clenches his now-riddled gonads. I activate a switch with red key markings. The MAP05 music plays as GZDoom crashes on me. I end here.
So basically he copied 4 Cutman wads outright, copied 3 resource wads, made some poor maps, and ripped a WHOLE LOT of weapons, and to top it all off, not one name mentioned.
Oh, thanks a lot for this. This gives great motivation for writing credits)
DartPower

Post by DartPower »

Credits is now Added!

Credits on main page.

In this version:
CREDITS included in PK3
Some maps fixed (because im writted credits, some maps cant been opened in slade, i will replaced it from original old build)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Okay. That looks better.
CWolf

Post by CWolf »

DoomNukem wrote:haha whats with all these crazy russian mods, this seems a little more tame than that kybok rakov thing. will have to check it out I guess.
"Crazy", huh? Nah, that's not. Just it has something similiar with AEoD but without sense (if we talk about "Mobius" mod).

Just something non-adorable, but still is pretty cute when not annoying crap that can to fly around your character.
Toberone wrote:That's a really bad reason to not write any credits.
Probably not for schoolboys for example.
XanderK9 wrote:How hard is it to provide a list of sources used to make the mod?
Too hard when counting has been stopped on 9000 I guess. No kidding.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”