Samsara Monster Swapper Thing

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Samsara Monster Swapper Thing

Postby armyman12345 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:48 am

If you say so...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lpij5 ... eredit.pk3

Heretic is beatable too.

i'm trying to fix the lord snotfolus invincible bug too.
User avatar
armyman12345
What the hell's regenerating health?
 
Joined: 24 Jun 2013
Location: Jabba's Palace

Re: Samsara Monster Swapper Thing

Postby TerminusEst13 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:11 pm

Kinsie wrote:Marathon
I don't have nearly as much experience with this series as I'd like, so no promises.

Arachnotron > Drinniol
Archvile > FUCK IF I KNOW LOL
BaronOfHell > Hunter (Green)
HellKnight > Hunter (Brown)
Cacodemon >S'pht
Cyberdemon > Juggernaut (Orange)
Demon > Pfhor Fighter (Green)
Spectre > F'lickta
ChaingunGuy > Pfhor Trooper (Green)
DoomImp > Pfhor Fighter (Orange)
Fatso > Cyborg
LostSoul > Wasp
PainElemental > S'pht'Kr
Revenant > Enforcer
ShotgunGuy > Pfhor Defense Drone (Green)
SpiderMastermind > Juggernaut (Gray)
WolfensteinSS > Simulacrum
ZombieMan > Pfhor Defense Drone (Blue)


How's this look for a Marathon enemy layout?
User avatar
TerminusEst13
I'm just a guy.
 
Joined: 09 Nov 2009
Twitch ID: TerminusEst13

Re: Samsara Monster Swapper Thing

Postby armyman12345 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:29 pm

NOTE: The problem with snotfolus being invincible in the monster mixer isn't because of the monster mixer. It's samsara itself!
i'll upload the new samsara soon.

EDIT: here it is. http://www.mediafire.com/download/s8k4n ... 29b-zd.pk3
User avatar
armyman12345
What the hell's regenerating health?
 
Joined: 24 Jun 2013
Location: Jabba's Palace

Re: Samsara Monster Swapper Thing

Postby Untitled » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:22 pm

For Marathon enemies, I agree with a good chunk of these except...
Cyberdemon > Juggernaut (Gray/Orange, it would be randomspawned)
SpiderMastermind > Mother Of All Hunters/TFEAR'S PERSONAL ******* GRAY HUNTERS (with homing shots!).
Demon > Green Pfhor Fighter
Spectre > Purple Pfhor Fighter (It was also Melee)
DoomImp > Blue/Orange Fighter.
Archvile > I'd say use the Super Fighter/Super Trooper. Lot of health for the slot, I know, but it makes up for the lack of resurrection, and face it, Tfear's personal guards were awesome, and hard as hell. (You Think You're Big Time? You're Gonna Die Big Time!)
Untitled
 
Joined: 18 Apr 2013

Re: Samsara Monster Swapper Thing

Postby armyman12345 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:38 pm

Anyway, could you, kinsie, tell me some of the poor gameplay decision's the monster mixer made?

EDIT: an other version of the monster mixer. http://www.mediafire.com/download/g4pix ... v0.15a.pk3

Changes: D'sparil no longer spawns in place of the spider mastermind. Why? Once his serpent is dead, he dies along with it, making the fight rather pointless.

Mutant now spawns in place of imp.

Uber mutant now spawns in place of baron of hell.

Baranacle wilhelm now spawns in place of the hell knight.

dr.schabbs now spawn's in place of baron of hell.

I hope you enjoy it!
User avatar
armyman12345
What the hell's regenerating health?
 
Joined: 24 Jun 2013
Location: Jabba's Palace

Re: Samsara Monster Swapper Thing

Postby Kinsie » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:42 pm

armyman12345 wrote:Anyway, could you, kinsie, tell me some of the poor gameplay decision's the monster mixer made?
It's been a while since I played it last, but the big problems were weird monster choice (see: Stalkers on land) knocking balance out of whack a pinch.
User avatar
Kinsie
A Concept Utterly Obsolete
 
Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Location: MAP33
Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Re: Samsara Monster Swapper Thing

Postby armyman12345 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:58 pm

I fixed the stalkers already. Any other problem's for me to fix?
User avatar
armyman12345
What the hell's regenerating health?
 
Joined: 24 Jun 2013
Location: Jabba's Palace

Re: Samsara Monster Swapper Thing

Postby Jink565 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:08 pm

armyman12345 wrote:I fixed the stalkers already. Any other problem's for me to fix?


Well, for me, i want you to fix a couple of monster enemy placements if you're taking over now. it's with heretic and hexen monster placements in Doom. Now then...

Sabreclaws (Clinks) as Hell Knights & Arachnotrons. that was a stupid placement for them. Hell Knights, maybe not, but Arachnotrons, of course. All Sabreclaws can do, is melee. They should be in the Demon Placement.
Ophidians (Snakes) as Revenants. I have nothing against this placement, but i think they should belong in the Arachnotron placement since they can kinda rapid shoot, but they can only shoot three ice balls and one fire ball before moving again. You don't have to change it if you don't want to, but for me, I think they should belong in the Arachnotron Placement instead of in the Revenat Placement.
Undead Warriors (Knights) as Demons. This one, of course, was stupid, because first of all, they're too tall to fit in areas that demons can fit, and two, they can shoot projectiles (axes). Sure they can melee as well, but they can throw their axes. I think these guys should be in the Revenant placement. I know they're easier than Revenants, but I think it's a good placement for them.
Undead Warrior Ghosts (Knightghost) As Spectres. Same as normal Undead Warriors all except i think they should be in the Hell Knight Placement.
Dark Bishops as Imps. I think they should belong in the Cacodemon placement instead of Imps, really.
Afrits (Firedemons) as Revenants. This one really was a stupid placement for them. Sure they have another placement for them, Lost Souls, but at least putting them in the Lost Soul placement make sense, but putting them in the Revenant placement as well, make no sense because they're too weak. they can die easily. I think it's better if they get remove in the revenant placement and keep them in the Lost Soul placement.
Green and Brown Chaos Serpents as Hell Knights and Baron of Hell. This is another one that you don't have to change, but i think they should be in the Revenant and the Hell Knight Placement. Green Chaos Serpents as Revenants and Brown Chaos Serpents as Hell Knights. I think that make more sense than Green Chaos Serpents as Hell Knights and Brown Chaos Serpents as Baron of Hell.

I think that's about it. Oh yeah, as for removing D'sparil as Spidermastermind because of if his serpent dies, he dies, couldn't you like try to fix him like the Aeons of Death D'Sparil? In Aeons of Death, he was the Cyberdemon Placement, in E2M8, If his serpent dies, he didn't die with it, plus the fight continues. I think he should stay, but because of if his serpent dies, he dies, well you know, does it matter, because it just doom/the ultimate doom? But whatever.
Jink565
 
Joined: 20 May 2013

Re: Samsara Monster Swapper Thing

Postby armyman12345 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:48 pm

I will fix all of them but not before I add new monsters. And those new monsters are...

Spoiler:


But i won't fix the bishop because he is weak anyway's

And the chaos serpent's too.

EDIT: I need a wad or resource wad with the abaddon.

Also, could somebody tell me how to make the fight continue with dsparil?
User avatar
armyman12345
What the hell's regenerating health?
 
Joined: 24 Jun 2013
Location: Jabba's Palace

Re: Samsara Monster Swapper Thing

Postby Untitled » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:37 pm

Hmmm. I think Jink565 is right except:
bishops are generally annoying to place, since they have 1/4 the health of a cacodemon.
Jink565: If you have two variants of the same monster, revenant and hell knight is NOT the go-to placement. If you have two variants of monster, it's demon and spectre OR hell knight and baron. For example:
Chaos Serpents, since the only difference is aesthetics, probably need a buff from the original hexen to get hell knight/baron thing, but they're fine in they're position.
Knights should be hell knight for normal and baron for ghost.
Centaurs/Slaughtairs could be Demon/Spectre OR knight/baron, depending on how much you hate them.

armyman12345: The Skulltag Monsters are not necessary to add to normal doom at all, especially since they weren't part of the Samsara wheel (Samsara doesn't have ST weaponry) AND balance, balance, balance. (a Cacodemon replacement that has 1200 and shoots deadlier fireballs, when the original fires slow, weak ones and has 400 health, or a shotgunner replacement with 120HP and the ability to ONE-SHOT-PLAYERS, or a Mancubus replacement that shoots volleys of 5-5-5, and has 1200 health compared to 2-2-2 and 600.) Also, as a suggestion, how about you make D'Sparil's serpent death state NOT call A_BossDeath, since that's the function that calls the win (I think) and only give it to D'Sparil himself.
Untitled
 
Joined: 18 Apr 2013

Re: Samsara Monster Swapper Thing

Postby armyman12345 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:58 pm

Actually, the only reason I put skulltag monsters in the first place is because the original creator of the monster mixer made a new version which has skulltag monsters but is not for zdoom. I'm competing.

Also, the ssgguy replaces the chaingunner. Skulltag monsters are rare in the mod.

I'll upload the new version when the abbadon and dsparil joins forces with hell.

Also, I don't know what to do with dparil and his serpent. Could you upload a piece of code of what i'm supposed to do?
User avatar
armyman12345
What the hell's regenerating health?
 
Joined: 24 Jun 2013
Location: Jabba's Palace

Re: Samsara Monster Swapper Thing

Postby Jink565 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:42 pm

Untitled wrote:Hmmm. I think Jink565 is right except:
bishops are generally annoying to place, since they have 1/4 the health of a cacodemon.
Jink565: If you have two variants of the same monster, revenant and hell knight is NOT the go-to placement. If you have two variants of monster, it's demon and spectre OR hell knight and baron. For example:
Chaos Serpents, since the only difference is aesthetics, probably need a buff from the original hexen to get hell knight/baron thing, but they're fine in they're position.
Knights should be hell knight for normal and baron for ghost.
Centaurs/Slaughtairs could be Demon/Spectre OR knight/baron, depending on how much you hate them.


I well aware of that, you're right that Revenants and Hell Knights are not the right combination because they're not the same and they can infight with each other. i just thought these two was a good position for the Undead Warriors instead of them being in the Demon and Spectre placement. Same with the Chaos Serpents. But I look at armyman12345 respond and he said he wan't gonna change the Chaos Serpents position to what i want them to be, so i don't mind. As for the Undead Warriors, fine. I don't have a problem with them being in the Hell Knight and Baron of Hell placement, but like i said, i just thought that was a good placement for them, but you're right. If there's two different variants of monsters, It not the right to go-placement. And as for Dark Bishops goes, yes, I know that Dark Bishops are weaker than Cacodemons, I just thought since the Dark Bishops can fly and since they were three flying monsters (or four if you count the Death Wyvern.) in Hexen, it would make sense. Like Afrits in the Lost Soul Placement, Dark Bishops in the Cacodemon Placement, and Reivers (Wraiths) in the Pain Elemental Placement. But like armyman12345 said, Dark Bishops are weak, so it doesn't matter anymore. Beside, he said he wasn't gonna change their placement either, so I 'm alright with it. I understand.

armyman12345 wrote: i won't fix the bishop because he is weak anyway's

And the chaos serpent's too.


That's fine. Anyway, since Untitled Respond my post and said i was kinda right, I guess i'll leave it to you about the Undead Warriors (Knight). Either leave them as Demon & Spectre Placement or place them as Hell Knight and Baron of Hell Placement with Undead Warriors as Hell Knights and Undead Warrior Ghosts as Baron of Hell. It's up to you.

That is all.
Jink565
 
Joined: 20 May 2013

Re: Samsara Monster Swapper Thing

Postby armyman12345 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:30 am

Before i release the new version, (Let's face it nobody gives a crap about the abaddon. I won't fix dsparil too) any other wierd monster placements for me to fix?
User avatar
armyman12345
What the hell's regenerating health?
 
Joined: 24 Jun 2013
Location: Jabba's Palace

Re: Samsara Monster Swapper Thing

Postby Jink565 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:37 am

armyman12345 wrote:Before i release the new version, (Let's face it nobody gives a crap about the abaddon. I won't fix dsparil too) any other wierd monster placements for me to fix?


i don't know anything else that needs fixing in their placement for now. so whatever. and as for D'sparil, I think it was a fine decision for you to remove him now that I think about it since you can't fix him anyways, because in heretic in the Zdoom & Zandronum ports, when you summon him, and kill him earlier in maps, all the monsters that is alive, will die as well. Take map 06 in Doom 2 for an example, there's a Spider Mastermind at the beginning of the level on Ultra-Violence, and if he were gonna stay at that placement and if you kill him and his serpent, then all the monsters in that map will die, and that's no fun, and if it's a mod like Slaughterfest2012 for example, that has lots and lots of enemies in maps on Ultra-Violence and if you summon and kill him earlier, not only will all the monsters die, but your computer might lag alot if you don't have a better computer, or better yet, freeze your computer. So yeah, so there's like two problems with him I guess, but anyway, I guess now the only way to battle D'sparil in doom and hexen, is to summon him if I want too, and when you summon him and kill his serpent, he probably won't die as well, I don't know. Well anyways, I'll let you know if there's anymore monsters that need fixing in their placement too.

Oh, and one last thing, it's about the Ophidian (Snake) in the Revennat placement. I think it would be better if you keep them in that placement now, because if you place them in the Arachnotron placement, then there's only one monster in that Revenant monster placement, and that is the Quadrumpus. Or what you could do, is do it like them, keep the Ophidians in the Revenant placement, but also place them in the Arachnotron placement as well, that way the Ophidians has two enemy placements, just like other monsters that has two enemy placements. But like i said in my previous post, you don't have to change the Ophidian placement if you don't want to.

Now that is all.
Jink565
 
Joined: 20 May 2013

Re: Samsara Monster Swapper Thing

Postby Untitled » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:53 pm

Well damn, D'Sparil is difficult, his death state doesn't call A_BossDeath like I thought it would.
What to do...

EDIT: This will be complicated. What you need to do is multistep:
Step 1: Give D'sparil the combined health of both the serpent and second phase.
Step 2: Make it so D'Sparil, upon getting to the second phase's health, goes into a fake death, and rises up, using inventory items to make sure he doesn't repeat the fake death more than once, effectively combining both phases into one monster.
Untitled
 
Joined: 18 Apr 2013

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MrUnknown, NovaRain and 11 guests