Taggart Difficulty Mod v1.9.5, Released!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Taggart

Re: Taggart Difficulty Mod, V1.9 RELEASED

Post by Taggart »

I honestly don't have an answer for you guys. Worked fine for me on Saturn X too. I've been using the summon command in the console, so try spawning one in the game on Saturn X with said command. Let's eliminate some variables here.
BlueInferno

Post by BlueInferno »

I tried everything. I messed with gzdooms renderer settings and loaded the wads with and without brightmaps and lights. My original hunch was sbrightmaps since I loaded your mod with it originally. But.. still invisible. I just cant figure this out to save my life.

I saved in bstx in where the first set of chaingunners are, every time. :?:
Taggart

Post by Taggart »

We're you by any chance using an earlier version of the mod? Other than v19? Might be some issues of loading a saved game made with an earlier version
BlueInferno

Post by BlueInferno »

I used v19. My gzdoom version is the april 25 git build. But jmickel was using 1.8.2.. You summond one with the console and appered fine. Have you come across one normally? I wonder if his spawner may be bugged.

Edit: I found and fixed the bug! I looked into the decorates, I noticed the double chaingunner had a lower case letter in Actor under SPAWNER and the majority used uppercase in actor. I changed it to an uppercase A and now their visible! Not sure how this makes sense after checking out the rest of the script,but it worked :D

Edit 2: It worked for gzdoom with both renderers. But for some reason there's still invisible double chaingunners in zdoom for god knows what reason. :?
Taggart

Post by Taggart »

The spawner should be fine. Just went through it. Seems to be random too. Sometimes it'll work, other times it won't. The only reason I could think of it spawning something invisible is if it has no sprites, or the actor doesnt exist, thus nothing being there. But I don't think thats it either being as there's only one actor in the spawner's list.

EDIT:I found the bug. It was missing sprites. I thought I'd deleted the actor, but I guess not. I also added radio chatter to zombies to replace the breathing idle sound. Enjoy, guys. I replaced the DropBox link with a current one.
Mav3rick

Re: Taggart Difficulty Mod, V1.9.1 Hotfix RELEASED

Post by Mav3rick »

by any chance the sound of the bouncing shells is not sync with the shell at the moment they hit the floor?
i notice that as soon the shell is expelled and is visible the sound start to play and sometimes even the sound keep playing when the shells stop moving
Taggart

Re: Taggart Difficulty Mod v1.9.5, Released!

Post by Taggart »

Alright, guys, the latest version is out. See main post.
demo_the_man

Post by demo_the_man »

Can i use your helmeted shotgunner sprites in my doom bible mod?
Taggart

Post by Taggart »

For sure, man. Go forth.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”