Void's Mod Packs

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
void

Void's Mod Packs

Post by void »

Well, I've gotten into modding just a bit, and wanted to show off the stuff I've made through doodling around with DECORATE and what-not.

But I didn't want to waste anyone's time with a single mod, so I took the shotgun approach.

2 packs of 3 mods. A "Difficulty Pack", and a "Chrono Pack".

The difficulty pack contains 3 mods (2 of which I made) that drastically increase the difficulty of doom in unique ways.
In the folders that contain them are txt files that explain certain details about what's changed, and other important aspects.

The chrono pack is 3 different versions of doom that were completely modified to be slower or faster in time..
This includes monsters, sounds, and even (to an extent) physics.

A version where everything in doom is slowed down by 50%,
A version where everything is sped up by 50%,
And a "Reverse" doom, where everything is reversed..

All monsters start out (Or appear) dead, and revive when they see you, when you kill them they enter a stuck idle state. (Archviles can then "Re-kill" them)
All projectiles are "Reversified", for instance if an imp fires a fireball, the explosion will appear on the wall behind you, the fireball will appear there,
and travel back to the imp, hitting you if you didn't notice it and forgot to move.

It's hard to understand with me just explaining it, but just play it through a few levels and you'll get the idea of what I was going for.

I kinda want someone to try to make a video of playing the reverse mod, then reverse the video itself to see what it would look like.

http://www.2shared.com/file/E-Y7g--G/Vo ... Packs.html
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Void's Mod Packs

Post by wildweasel »

I've moved your project to the Projects forum.
Lippeth

Post by Lippeth »

This is one of the weirder mods I've played, but It gets me thinking about how cool it would be to implement a "Matrix/Max Payne" mode where the enemies slow down and you stay at the same speed. A bit of a cheat perhaps, but it wouldn't make it any less cool! This mod is still a fun novelty to mess around with!
void

Post by void »

but It gets me thinking about how cool it would be to implement a "Matrix/Max Payne" mode where the enemies slow down and you stay at the same speed.
That is very possible, but I cannot execute making such a mod with my skill, and probably won't seek to in the future..

Making the enemies slow but you staying the same speed would be a simple quick change in my slow-mo mod, undoing all changes to the player only.

To make the slow-monsters toggle-able would require a large-scale global ACS script that, when activated, replaced all monsters with their slow-version counterparts, possibly also modifying your hit-scan weapons to fire matrix-looking bullet projectiles for added authenticity.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”