[RELEASE 1+] That Amazing Space Amazon... (by RSL)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
rsl

Re: [RELEASE 1+] That Amazing Space Amazon... (by RSL)

Post by rsl »

DOOMERO-21 wrote:Is very interesting the DuduKrazy´s radar script and only i know the 30% of the lines, was a little hard at the beginning to understand. Anyway i was making some experiments with this script and i create another radar for another project using the same line. Is a aliens colonial marine radar for ACM (Deimos anomaly project). I was trying to found a way for detect the monsters without a specific tid, and was a waste of time. I really need to test if this works good on multiplayer. Anyway i want to use this for various wads (obviously giving credits).
Heh, I was lucky enough to remember about trying it in the latest DuduKrazy series mod (that I still had a beta of - it was never officially released, to my knowledge).
I loved the effect at first sight and told myself: gotta use it! :D

Anyway, I watched the video and I must say that your implementation looks even more cool :wub: with that pulsating sound / scan wave that rhythmically reveals the positioning of enemies. 8-)
I also thought about doing something similar on that 'green' graphics back I used, with the scanner line rotating like a radius segment, "submarine-style"... But at the end I didn't even try.
Should you use the radar, just remember to credit Isle (the original author / ACS coder AFAIK). :wink:
Endless123 wrote:Really fun mod my friend :D
I really love the radar, it's A GREAT idea :D I don't know how you did it but it's working perfectly and it's adding a little AvP gameplay into Doom without spoiling the usual Doom universe. Very well done :D
Thanks a lot! :D I'm happy to know that you like it!
Only one minor downside - i had 14 errors when i loaded the FXTamer.wad along with your mod but your mod works flawlessly without it.
As i said it's just a minor problem since your mod runs great without it anyway.
Hmmm... I tried too with my original version again (rslamaze.pk3 + FXTamer.wad) and luckily I did encounter no errors (tested with GZDOOM 1.6.00, GZDOOM 1.8.02).
Were you perhaps trying with Ed The Bat's enhanced version :?: I did too, and I can confirm I get several errors when attempting to combine it with my old tamer.
But the good news is... If you use Ed's version, you do not need the tamer wad anymore!
As a matter of fact, it's merged together with the main mod and you can toggle it directly with a menu entry under 'Options'. Kudos to Ed for that! :D
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

I tested recently this radar on zandronum multiplayer (coop) and works !!! very nice script.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

Thanks again for your praise, RSL. My fragile ego always thrives on good words about my efforts. :)

Now, on a slightly deviated topic, I was going to ask: Do you feel any of your other projects could use a little polish? Because I'd be more than happy to take the time -- makes me feel productive. :P
rsl

Post by rsl »

Heh, I wouldn't exactly know where to start... I guess each one of them could benefit from some improvement. :P :D

However, seeing how proficient you are in scripting and configuration internals, I was rather thinking about proposing you a small collaboration effort for one soon-to-be worked new mod of mine, where the main gameplay change should be implemented via an ACS-based core. A starting ACS codebase is already there - made by another community member - and it would need to be modified / redesigned to implement this specific gameplay trick I was talking about.

So - what do you think? Would you be willing to accept to work together on this :?:
Consider that I'm currently in the finishing stages for another mod, so my work on this new one would probably start around half-January or so... :wink: But this should not prevent me from handing you all the stuff to start from right now :!:
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

Well, I'm always afraid of promising more than I can deliver... I'm no genius, after all. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious now!

Yes, I'd be willing to give it a try!
rsl

Post by rsl »

Perfect :!:
Thank You :!:

Now gimme some time to rearrange all the stuff and a description for what I've got in mind, and I'll soon let you know... :wink:
Jack Mackerel

Post by Jack Mackerel »

The only annoying thing I've run into is the mechsuit being unable to crouch and missiles slamming into walls, as I found out the hard way in Doom 2. And the Hydra could be a bit more tech-y looking, but other than that, this mod is fun, and makes combat feel meaty. Or is that because fountains of gore spray when I fully charge the shotgun? :V
rsl

Post by rsl »

Jack Mackerel wrote:The only annoying thing I've run into is the mechsuit being unable to crouch and missiles slamming into walls (...)
Yeah! I intended them as drawbacks for the MechSuit, to balance its increased damage resistance / gratuituous firepower. Not to mention that it ejects your character with health fully replenished... :wink:
(...) this mod is fun, and makes combat feel meaty. Or is that because fountains of gore spray when I fully charge the shotgun? :V
Thank You! :) The gore fountains surely contribute to that meatiness effect... :lol:
iVoid

Post by iVoid »

Good work, really interesting mod, loving the gore and the hydra shotgun is just awesome! I played it since the first released version and usually my main problem with the mod is that I found the amazon model very silly with cape... It's good to see there are now new "skins" for the player to make up for that, but I've got to say that adding a class system is kind of a turn off for me... It adds complexity with not enough gameplay value, at least for singleplayer. IMHO it should be removed and the "operative" should be made the main amazon skin, it looks the best.
rsl

Post by rsl »

Thank you! I'm glad you appreciated the modification! :D As for the new player skin, I admit that I first imagined the Amazon uniform as cape-less... At one point, I was almost wanting to look for somebody willing to draw a titlepic or something with her in a standing pose, for example with the Unicorn rifle in one hand (pointing downwards) and the helmet under the other arm, head uncovered / loose hair. If I go back and replace the default class skin, though, I would opt for a specially-designed female one (always in white, to better match the Amazon dark skin tone) that highlights her sexy silhouette... :wink:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”