BorderDoom: Doom + Borderlands gameplay (update 1.2)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: BorderDoom: Doom + Borderlands gameplay (update 1.1)

Postby Alamo985 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:19 am

The weapon pickup system broke in 1.1.
I can't pick any weapons, even with only the mod itself.
Tested with GZDoom 4.3.3 and 3.8.2.
Alamo985

Discord: Dahlia#6969
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby AvzinElkein » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:10 am

The latest version is 4.4.2
AvzinElkein

Discord: AvzinTW#6569
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit

Postby Sunbeam » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:54 am

Soo it took me a bit of time... Anyway:

CanisLaticanis wrote:Uh... I encountered an odd bug: I tried to load into Kinsie's test map and the game immediately closed, no error message or anything.

I tried loading it with several different versions of GZDoom. All the 4.x versions didn't work (crash), not even the newest one (4.5.0). However everything works fine when using v3.1.0 . So I assume something changed in the engine which causes the crash. No matter what the cause is, the program shouldn't just shut down. I think there might be a bug somewhere in GZDoom.
As a side note: The test map started in 3.1.0, but the weapons etc didn't work properly. So I assume there's a problem with clashing scripts. I recommend using BorderDoom with maps that don't have scripts in them.

Speaking of that: I found a bug in BorderDoom while testing the test map. 😬

Alamo985 wrote:The weapon pickup system broke in 1.1.
I can't pick any weapons, even with only the mod itself.
Tested with GZDoom 4.3.3 and 3.8.2.

I've used BorderDoom with at least GZDoom version 3.1.0, 4.2.1 and 4.5.0 (just now). Everything works fine on my end. Maybe you didn't configure your keys right? Otherwise I would need more info on that.

I also wanted to let you know that I set up a Discord server for my projects. So if anyone wants to talk about BorderDoom there: Feel free to join!🙂
Sunbeam

Re: BorderDoom: Doom + Borderlands gameplay (update 1.2)

Postby Sunbeam » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:05 pm

BorderDoom v1.2 released!

Changelog:
- new game mode: "preset" (enemies get stronger with each map)
- show ammo count in inventory screen
- reduced enemy health: -25% for Baron of Hell and Pain Elemental, -33% for Spider Mastermind and Cyberdemon
- only compare weapon pickup stats when having the same weapon type selected
- fixed player shield having wrong shield points when entering a map
- fixed shield recharge with higher level shields
- smaller bugfixes

Game mode selection:

Updated inventory screen:
Sunbeam

Postby hakrosinteractive » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:19 am

Hi, awesome mod, thanks for share it !
I will include it in my app at next release !!

https://hakros.itch.io/hakros-doom-launcher
hakrosinteractive

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Evil Operative » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:54 am

In the latest version of this mod, upon starting the game using the "WadSmoosh" IWAD, the difficulty selection page does not pop up and instead there is a "P_StartScript: Unknown script 0" error message and the player is unable to use either the mouse or keyboard. This error also persists with the inclusion of minimods "All Clear Message" and "Bloody Simple Blood" in the load order.

Also, could there be a version released with which the vanilla doom sounds are not replaced?
Evil Operative
Sᴇᴄᴛᴏʀ Cʟᴇᴀʀ...

Location: Inside a land where Walls and Decors are covered in Blood and Guts. (Brutal)
Discord: Ecl1p5e#8061

Postby wildweasel » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:33 pm

Have only just now gotten around to trying this out, and I think it's pretty cool for the 15 minutes I spent on it.

Is there a way to quickly swap a weapon in your hand for one on the floor, though? I'm finding it tedious to upgrade from one weapon to another of the same type.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Sunbeam » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:21 am

hakrosinteractive wrote:Hi, awesome mod, thanks for share it !
I will include it in my app at next release !!

I'm glad you like it.
That's a nice program you got there. However I would prefer you asked people before including their mods into your program (assuming they download it from your service and not the creator's page).

Evil Operative wrote:In the latest version of this mod, upon starting the game using the "WadSmoosh" IWAD, the difficulty selection page does not pop up and instead there is a "P_StartScript: Unknown script 0" error message and the player is unable to use either the mouse or keyboard. This error also persists with the inclusion of minimods "All Clear Message" and "Bloody Simple Blood" in the load order.

Also, could there be a version released with which the vanilla doom sounds are not replaced?

That's unfortunate. However BD has been known to not work well with other mods that bring their own scripts. Probably because BD changes many things using scripts. HOWEVER I made a change in the newest (unreleased) version which might help with that problem. But it'll be some time before the new version is ready.

Most vanilla sounds are still in place. Mostly the weapons had their sounds replaced, but since the weapons are (partially) new I think this makes sense. So if you don't have a good reason for a version like that, I currently think: No.

wildweasel wrote:Have only just now gotten around to trying this out, and I think it's pretty cool for the 15 minutes I spent on it.

Is there a way to quickly swap a weapon in your hand for one on the floor, though? I'm finding it tedious to upgrade from one weapon to another of the same type.

Nice!
No, there's no such thing at the moment. However I had the same experience while playing, so maybe I'll add that in a future version.
Sunbeam

Postby openroadracer » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:21 pm

Sunbeam wrote:
Evil Operative wrote:In the latest version of this mod, upon starting the game using the "WadSmoosh" IWAD, the difficulty selection page does not pop up and instead there is a "P_StartScript: Unknown script 0" error message and the player is unable to use either the mouse or keyboard. This error also persists with the inclusion of minimods "All Clear Message" and "Bloody Simple Blood" in the load order.
That's unfortunate. However BD has been known to not work well with other mods that bring their own scripts. Probably because BD changes many things using scripts. HOWEVER I made a change in the newest (unreleased) version which might help with that problem. But it'll be some time before the new version is ready.
I just want to let you know that attempting to load Kinsie's DooM Mod Testing Map throws the same error and causes the same total controls lockout as what Evil Operative described. Again, probably a scripting issue.

But I want to stress: This was done by simply Ctrl-clicking on the two items to have them both selected, then dragging them over to the GZDoom.EXE. In other words, ONLY those two files loaded. I wouldn't have figured on Kinsie's Test Map locking this mod up...
openroadracer

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Sunbeam » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:10 am

openroadracer wrote:I just want to let you know that attempting to load Kinsie's DooM Mod Testing Map throws the same error and causes the same total controls lockout as what Evil Operative described. Again, probably a scripting issue.

But I want to stress: This was done by simply Ctrl-clicking on the two items to have them both selected, then dragging them over to the GZDoom.EXE. In other words, ONLY those two files loaded. I wouldn't have figured on Kinsie's Test Map locking this mod up...

Thanks for letting me know. However I believe that this problem might already be fixed in the in-dev version.
Sunbeam

Postby openroadracer » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:46 pm

Sunbeam wrote:
openroadracer wrote:I just want to let you know that attempting to load Kinsie's DooM Mod Testing Map throws the same error and causes the same total controls lockout as what Evil Operative described. Again, probably a scripting issue.

Thanks for letting me know. However I believe that this problem might already be fixed in the in-dev version.
Discord exclusive, I presume?

I tried using a "Discord Enhancer" thing that actually wound up borking my Discord. I got a fresh Discord install, but I didn't have my login credentials written down anywhere, so I've lost access to my Discord account. As such I doubt I'd be able to download your in-dev version of the mod.
openroadracer

Postby Sunbeam » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:02 pm

That's a good idea, but no. 😉
It's just in development and not ready for release. If you want to be notified when it's ready, you can follow me on Twitter or just watch this thread.
Sunbeam

Postby openroadracer » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:26 pm

Sunbeam wrote:That's a good idea, but no. 😉
It's just in development and not ready for release. If you want to be notified when it's ready, you can follow me on Twitter or just watch this thread.
Twitter's the literal bottom of the barrel, if you ask me.
openroadracer

Postby LordNeptune » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:44 am

Not working with Compendium:
1) shows error: P_StartScript: Unknown script "Enjay ZDoom 2001"
2) Player can't move, game mode menu isn't available and I can't choose game mode.
LordNeptune

Postby Sunbeam » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:40 am

Don't use BD with mods that change scripts for now. The upcoming update might fix that.
Sunbeam

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods