Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Postby fakemai » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:42 pm

RailedRobin wrote:Is there any way to open the ACS file "RPGSCRIP.o"?

Look at the .acs files under Source/ instead as that's the original scripts. Most modders include these. It's when they don't that you have to either ask the author, or resort to a de-compiler.
fakemai

Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Postby Willow321Go » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:19 am

GZDooM actually now comes prepacked with the widescreen fixs pk3 file you just have to specify it with the same Path= stuff set up you did for WoC.

Is there any update or further info pertaining to the assassin sprite sheet a few pages back? is that being emplemented?

I really love this mod, any mod for heretic really gets me right in the feels as I've been playing heretic basically my whole life, These things keep me comming back.
Willow321Go

Postby LordKane1701 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:27 pm

Willow321Go wrote:GZDooM actually now comes prepacked with the widescreen fixs pk3 file you just have to specify it with the same Path= stuff set up you did for WoC.

Is there any update or further info pertaining to the assassin sprite sheet a few pages back? is that being emplemented?

I really love this mod, any mod for heretic really gets me right in the feels as I've been playing heretic basically my whole life, These things keep me comming back.

Thetis hasnt been on in a while so who knows and there is a place where you can check for new versions but a new one hasnt been put up in a while: https://allfearthesentinel.net/ just search wads using "woc" and by date and uploader.
LordKane1701

Postby r&r » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:33 pm

It be nice if the Demoness would be added in, the one from Hexen 2 expansion pack,
and just use the succubus sprite from realm667 as a place holder
and just recolor the sprite red and black.
r&r

Postby Lord Lothar » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:19 pm

Exeor wrote:
Nightgaunt wrote:My god I just noticed the Assassin sprite in the selection screen, what's that, a walking fridge?
I found these sprites from Shadow Warrior that fits better for the Assassin Class, even if only a few ones would be used.

Just to be clear, this sprites was made (reworked) by me. I used original Shadow Warrior sheet and add to it hood from Realm667 acolyte, also recoloured to black and red. I left original (c)-note on sheet because I was too lazy to remove it, so anyway If you want to use it - go ahed, just keep in mind it was made for Schism project. In fact I'd be glad if someone finally cut theese sprites and make monster anims definitions.
Of course, no bullshit talks allowed - here is proof - green skined version, halfway of sprite sheet you mentioned:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... ASSIN2.png
Lord Lothar

Postby Craneo » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:53 pm

So I was unhappy with my "reshade" addon for the Assassin's weapons that I posted a few pages back, and I noticed the main problem was the fingers in the dagger, so I went and replaced the fingers with some of the Doom hands sheet:
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/te5lsn3arqbtz ... 2.pk3?dl=0

Feel free to use it in a future Wrath of Cronos update btw

Edit: Also, will there ever be a way to see the keys in the main hud? I know you can see them in the automap a la Hexen but Overlay automap breaks this and I would like to be able to know which keys I have without pressing tab or opening the console to see what I've picked up, that and a "equip armor" key bind as well as a armor indicator in the main hud would be nice, so I don't have to scroll through the whole inventory to wear it, other than that, this mod is a 10/10
Craneo

Discord: Craneo#8693
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Valherran » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:02 pm

It appears there was an update posted on MODDB:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/wrath-of-cronos-321

Hello community! It is my pleasure to present part of my collaboration to a mod already made by author Thetis, called Wrath of Cronos, a great RPG mod for Hexen, which can be played in Doom style. In this section you work to play in Doom style only. The author officially left it at version 3.1.4 I humbly made my contribution to this great imprint with some additions that I hope you like. Welcome!

Maybe not official though.
Valherran

Postby Neolithicc » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:11 pm

Hey guys I am replaying the original hexen wad with WoC on Zandronum and I keep crashing when trying to use the teleport on Guardian of Ice. I've read some posts here suggesting this problem could be linked to the health bars WoC introduce, but I don't know how to disable them. Is there a way or am I better off using another port?
Neolithicc

Postby Derddy » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:38 pm

Neolithicc wrote:Hey guys I am replaying the original hexen wad with WoC on Zandronum and I keep crashing when trying to use the teleport on Guardian of Ice. I've read some posts here suggesting this problem could be linked to the health bars WoC introduce, but I don't know how to disable them. Is there a way or am I better off using another port?

Hit ESC
Click "Options"
Click "Wrath of Cronos Options"
Look for this setting and make sure it says yes:

"Globally Disable Floating Bars Yes"

Make sure you do this in single player mode then restart Zandronum just in case.
Derddy

Postby Neolithicc » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:52 pm

Derddy wrote:
Neolithicc wrote:Hey guys I am replaying the original hexen wad with WoC on Zandronum and I keep crashing when trying to use the teleport on Guardian of Ice. I've read some posts here suggesting this problem could be linked to the health bars WoC introduce, but I don't know how to disable them. Is there a way or am I better off using another port?

Hit ESC
Click "Options"
Click "Wrath of Cronos Options"
Look for this setting and make sure it says yes:

"Globally Disable Floating Bars Yes"

Make sure you do this in single player mode then restart Zandronum just in case.

Thank you very much, damn I am stupid. I'll try tomorrow
Neolithicc

Postby Exeor » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:06 pm

Valherran wrote:It appears there was an update posted on MODDB:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/wrath-of-cronos-321

Hello community! It is my pleasure to present part of my collaboration to a mod already made by author Thetis, called Wrath of Cronos, a great RPG mod for Hexen, which can be played in Doom style. In this section you work to play in Doom style only. The author officially left it at version 3.1.4 I humbly made my contribution to this great imprint with some additions that I hope you like. Welcome!

Maybe not official though.

It was made by ElPoder36, so it isn't official but it brings a few interesting things like new enemies and minor changes. The last (beta) official version is 3.1.4 that you can find in the Wad Archive or The Sentinel's Playground easily, no idea why tethis never said a single word about that version in this thread.
I just hope he is okay, we haven't heard of him in a long time, his last activity in the sentinel's playground was in September 2020 :-?
Exeor
Why do we all have to wear these ridiculous ties?

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods