Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Postby irontusk341 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:31 am

Kenon wrote:Very fatal error in zandronum 3.0. Mod version: V3a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3sRMU6EmVs


Confirmed... I tested this and it does indeed COD when summoning shadow and dying. But only on Zandronum 3.0

There is a possible reason for this... When i tested this on Gzdoom, i did not crash, when i tested this on zandronum 3.0, i did crash... Gzdoom allows for respawn after death if specified in the MAPINFO, Zandronum to my knowledge does not... The no respawn could be why its crashing to desktop... But thats a theory.
User avatar
irontusk341
Main Author & Director of Diablo 3D: A Heretic mod based on the Diablo Games
 
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Location: Mister Rogers Neighborhood, Pennsylvania
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Postby Archer6621 » Sat May 02, 2020 7:27 pm

Kenon wrote:Very fatal error in zandronum 3.0. Mod version: V3a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3sRMU6EmVs



irontusk341 wrote:
Kenon wrote:Very fatal error in zandronum 3.0. Mod version: V3a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3sRMU6EmVs


Confirmed... I tested this and it does indeed COD when summoning shadow and dying. But only on Zandronum 3.0

There is a possible reason for this... When i tested this on Gzdoom, i did not crash, when i tested this on zandronum 3.0, i did crash... Gzdoom allows for respawn after death if specified in the MAPINFO, Zandronum to my knowledge does not... The no respawn could be why its crashing to desktop... But thats a theory.


Hey both of you,I found that this crash and many of the others are actually caused by the health bars, one page back I explained how to disable them, this should fix the issue in Zandronum :D

I'm not sure why the floating health bars are so crashy on Zandronum though, didn't bother to figure that out after I had it working with the tweak. Basically it fixes the following issues (and probably some others that I never ran into):
- Necro crashing the game when dying while shadow is alive
- ShadowBeast (the black reptilian thing) causing a crash when it splits into these weird ghosts and they expire/die
- The Wendigos (ice monsters) causing a crash when they die

Just for completeness, here's (part of) the post where I proposed the fix:
Archer6621 wrote:Anyway, the work-around for now is to set the cvar "WoC_ServerDisableHealthBar" on true on the server and on all clients. Can do this easily in a batch file or shortcut if you just add "+set WoC_ServerDisableHealthBar 1". I will do more thorough testing tomorrow, and play-test it with a buddy to see how things hold up.
Archer6621
 
Joined: 17 Apr 2020
Github ID: Archer6621
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Postby Archanhell » Tue May 19, 2020 6:45 pm

So I am currently playing WoC on Zandronum 3.0, and I used the menu's Log In option to insert my necessary data (Username and Password), then, I pressed the key to join the game, chose my class Cleric which is my current character, and when I joined I pressed the Use key, but my character was not restored at all, from Level 25 I went to Level 1 all over again with all my stats and all completely gone.
Any idea on how to fix this?

I do not use this forum much, so I can not guarantee a quick answer.
User avatar
Archanhell
 
Joined: 31 Aug 2013
Location: The Spirit Boundary
Discord: Archanhell the Broken Doll#5107
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Postby Razumen » Wed May 20, 2020 7:41 am

I'm having a problem with heath items not healing and only being able to pick up one of each item in the inventory. This is on a map I'm working on, but it is otherwise vanilla. This is on GZDoom 4.3.3.
Razumen
 
Joined: 14 Mar 2018

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Postby Derddy » Fri May 29, 2020 3:15 am

monkeybtm6 wrote:
Derddy wrote:
monkeybtm6 wrote:
i made a updated version of the zandronum database addon nearly a month ago.

fixed some bugs and made it save weapons now. had a change of heart and felt it works far better when playing through megawads co-op with a few friends.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l2tw8co7dfet2 ... 3.PK3?dl=0


Outstanding job! Actually works quite well with WoC v2! WoC v3 cant be played in multiplayer on Zandronum until/if/when the Wendigo crashing issue is fixed.

Can characters be saved to a file then restored after reloading a server or is it only in the memory?



its saved to a serverside database file, so you can use it to even carry over characters across multiple megawads/games.

and im aware of the wendigo crash but this should work fine if you dont use the monster replacer for doom megawads.


I really love this database mod and it sure saved my butt while streaming Hexen COOPs a few times. I was wondering if there is a way to make it only save using the auto save timer and not every time player goes through a portal to a different map? To much going on at that time and it causes errors e.g., database locked and sometimes even crashes. The server goes crazy on maps with lots of portals like ANW. An option to enable/disable the portal/level unloading/loading saves would be amazing.
User avatar
Derddy
 
Joined: 07 Sep 2019

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Postby Mummelpuffin » Sat May 30, 2020 4:14 pm

I'm kind of sad that there's pretty much no documentation for this, so I'm hoping to personally revive this wiki a bit:

https://wrath-of-cronos-rpg.fandom.com/ ... s_RPG_Wiki

One of the first things I did (after just adding images for the Alchemy page... gotta do that for other items as well) was check the "stats" page and I immediately noticed something that *feels* incorrect at first glance. That page claims that the fighter's War Cry skill is affected by intelligence somehow, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense when War Cry doesn't do any direct damage. It's more like a support ability than an attack, which would suggest wisdom rather than intelligence, but I've been poking through the mod's .abs script and DECORATRE files in SLADE (and to be clear, I only vaguely understand what's going on in those files) and my best guess looking in there is that the skill's chance to cause fear is only really based upon the skill's level, the enemy's level, the enemy's HP and whether or not that enemy is immune to fear and possibly the player's max HP, I can't find any reference to intelligence in there.
Mummelpuffin
 
Joined: 30 May 2020
Discord: Mummelpuffin#7740
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Postby Valherran » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:23 pm

Mummelpuffin wrote:I'm kind of sad that there's pretty much no documentation for this, so I'm hoping to personally revive this wiki a bit:

https://wrath-of-cronos-rpg.fandom.com/ ... s_RPG_Wiki

One of the first things I did (after just adding images for the Alchemy page... gotta do that for other items as well) was check the "stats" page and I immediately noticed something that *feels* incorrect at first glance. That page claims that the fighter's War Cry skill is affected by intelligence somehow, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense when War Cry doesn't do any direct damage. It's more like a support ability than an attack, which would suggest wisdom rather than intelligence, but I've been poking through the mod's .abs script and DECORATRE files in SLADE (and to be clear, I only vaguely understand what's going on in those files) and my best guess looking in there is that the skill's chance to cause fear is only really based upon the skill's level, the enemy's level, the enemy's HP and whether or not that enemy is immune to fear and possibly the player's max HP, I can't find any reference to intelligence in there.


It was probably changed at some point after that was written. The reason some of us held off on doing any kind of documentation is because stuff changes heavily with each patch, so we were gonna wait til stuff stops being added/removed or modified heavily before doing so. Kudos to you for taking the initiative to start it early though, I'm sure some people will find that helpful.
User avatar
Valherran
 
Joined: 27 Oct 2009

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Postby zombie_ryushu » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:34 am

Some sort of Actor Overflow error exists in Wrath of Cronos 3.0A. It causes at the 32767 Actor counter to overflow restarting Hexen. This only seems to occur with Hexen, not Heretic, or Doom.
zombie_ryushu
 
Joined: 31 Mar 2017

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Postby lwks » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:36 pm

Wasn't this mod inspired by a "similar" total conversion mod that had a similar name or something? I'm trying to find it but it's hard, does anyone know its name?
User avatar
lwks
Polyglot in training...
 
Joined: 29 May 2015
Location: Fucking Brazil

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Postby fakemai » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:12 pm

Couple of things, I've been playing this a lot lately with various classes.
  • In Strife, destroying the power coupling for the "messy" chore seems to deadlock progress, after killing the scanning crew the governor's mansion is sealed.
  • Also in Strife, attacking ceiling turrets with the Arc of Death alt-fire stuns them repeatedly and makes them vomit out bullets. Very quick death awaits if you're close enough.
  • EDIT: Almost forgot. If you use an armor item in Strife and it goes over 100 (I think) it prints an error about runaway script.
Balance comments I'm still collecting thoughts on but I feel that a lot of the damage skills are hurt by the availability of weapons, especially with Mage where I just use the 3 support skills and 1 point into the first 2 lightning spells. Spark is instant frozen enemy destruction, and the charging spell works passively with Archon path. With Necromancer, I think all paths work but Harvester drops far too many souls.
User avatar
fakemai
 
Joined: 12 Feb 2018
Location: Australia

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Postby simaka » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:07 am

There is a problem with the Hunter class. The wolf companion skill. Loses all placed skill points when you exit
and restart the game, and in the process, all the points you placed you end up losing completely
User avatar
simaka
 
Joined: 07 Jul 2020
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Postby Exibius » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:58 pm

simaka wrote:There is a problem with the Hunter class. The wolf companion skill. Loses all placed skill points when you exit
and restart the game, and in the process, all the points you placed you end up losing completely

monkeybtm6's woc_v3databaseaddon_rc3.pk3 has a database indexing issue. Most of the arrays are off by exactly 1 less index than it should be, resulting in Cleric, Hunter, and Necromancer's last skill's level, as well as Orb of Clarity accessory, to not save to database, resulting in 0 skill level on those skills respectively on reconnect, and Orb of Clarity accessory disappearing from your accessories screen. Unfortunately, you can't get those skill points back that disappeared with Scroll of Reversion, either, resulting in a some-what corrupted character.

woc_v3adoomextramonsters.pk3, an additional Doom monster replacer, that works loaded together with woc_v3doommonsters.pk3 that adds even more monster variety using the Doom IWAD, suffers from a rare bug from actor "CrimsonLich" that, when defeated, results in everyone in the game magically having double the level of what they had before it's death. It doesn't actually "level" you up either, where your Mana / Magick reserves plus your Skill Points / Stat Points never increase. It happens on extremely rare occasions, too. I managed to successfully capture it in-game when it happened by just letting game recording roll for like an hour until I noticed it, and then going back to when it occurred. No idea what's causing it, aside from something messing up when it dies at an extremely rare chance.



Edit: Simplified post to clarify on exactly what the problems are that I encountered. Also made this for posterity's sake in case someone else runs into these same bugs on Zandronum online in Wrath of Cronos servers with the respective files that I mentioned.
Exibius
 
Joined: 09 Jul 2020
Location: United States
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Postby UnknDoomer » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:21 am

Seems to closest to vanilla Heretic/Hexen mod if compare it with, for example, "Korax Mod" and "Doom RPG Mod", which are, in my opinion, especially last one, are too complex. Works with different kind of players WAD's. But one question remain for me.

Still no marine adaptation/classes available? Would be great to see them after all.
User avatar
UnknDoomer
 
Joined: 12 Jul 2020
Location: Another reality
Discord: Doomer#1304
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Postby simaka » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:49 am

Exibius wrote:
simaka wrote:There is a problem with the Hunter class. The wolf companion skill. Loses all placed skill points when you exit
and restart the game, and in the process, all the points you placed you end up losing completely

monkeybtm6's woc_v3databaseaddon_rc3.pk3 has a database indexing issue. Most of the arrays are off by exactly 1 less index than it should be, resulting in Cleric, Hunter, and Necromancer's last skill's level, as well as Orb of Clarity accessory, to not save to database, resulting in 0 skill level on those skills respectively on reconnect, and Orb of Clarity accessory disappearing from your accessories screen. Unfortunately, you can't get those skill points back that disappeared with Scroll of Reversion, either, resulting in a some-what corrupted character.

woc_v3adoomextramonsters.pk3, an additional Doom monster replacer, that works loaded together with woc_v3doommonsters.pk3 that adds even more monster variety using the Doom IWAD, suffers from a rare bug from actor "CrimsonLich" that, when defeated, results in everyone in the game magically having double the level of what they had before it's death. It doesn't actually "level" you up either, where your Mana / Magick reserves plus your Skill Points / Stat Points never increase. It happens on extremely rare occasions, too. I managed to successfully capture it in-game when it happened by just letting game recording roll for like an hour until I noticed it, and then going back to when it occurred. No idea what's causing it, aside from something messing up when it dies at an extremely rare chance.



Edit: Simplified post to clarify on exactly what the problems are that I encountered. Also made this for posterity's sake in case someone else runs into these same bugs on Zandronum online in Wrath of Cronos servers with the respective files that I mentioned.


Is there going to be a fix for this anytime soon ?
Or has development ground to a halt ?
User avatar
simaka
 
Joined: 07 Jul 2020
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Postby AvzinElkein » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:37 am

From what I can tell, development has ground to a halt.
AvzinElkein
 
Joined: 18 Nov 2010
Discord: AvzinReborn#9162
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ZikShadow and 13 guests