Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod 1.5A Updated (Hotfix)!

Postby dljosef » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:28 am

Oh, that explains the archvile thing...though I guess they're still open to targeting other monsters with the chaos curse on them.

Also, about the Mystic Ambit Incant, which effects does it do for each class?

And finally, when the levels are gained within a map, I found that the monsters still alive when the level-up occurred don't level with the player. It's in the next map that the leveling kicks in.

Edit: Is it possible that there'll be a compatibility patch for Hordes of Chaos and Resurrection of Chaos? Those two level packs combine the use of Hexen, Heretic, and Doom monsters together. (HoC and RoC are for Heretic and Hexen, respectively.)
User avatar
dljosef
Brutal Doom? Nope, I don't care.
 
Joined: 12 Aug 2005
Location: Deep underground

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod 1.5A Updated (Hotfix)!

Postby nax » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:26 pm

Hey, love the mod so far! Just a couple things that I would like to bring up as I'm playing this with a friend on Coop.

The problem with coop is mainly that progress can't be saved. I'm hoping that there could be some way to save a character to some kind of text file that can be loaded as needed. I figure this probably isn't the easiest thing to do; if it is possible to have the game save and load info from a file, even simply just having the exp value saved on there would be fine. That way we keep the character level we've played for even if we have to re-do our skill / stat points.

As a tie-in to this, if it's not possible to do the multiplayer character saving or exp saving, perhaps we could have some kind of command to give experience points out. I know this in itself is possible since using give ammo will level up your character to 2822 (max level), so I'm guessing the experience points are handled as a type of ammo. If we could utilize this to give ourselves exp to pick up where we left off, it'd be perfect.

I tried using hunter out but early on I felt really underwhelmed. By the time I finally got the bow it didn't seem to do much at all. Perhaps I didn't have enough agility at the time or something. Also my friend was able to fire different arrows with it using the alt fire function and I couldn't get that to work...not sure why.

Anyways, thanks for your time.
nax
 
Joined: 06 Jul 2013

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod 1.5A Updated (Hotfix)!

Postby Thetis » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:57 am

The Mystic Ambit Incant functions the same as it was in vanilla with the fighter, cleric, and mage. The hunter grants magick and the necromancer fears nearby enemies.

Monsters do level up the same as you if you did not see them prior to leveling up.

I might make a patch for HoC and RoC.
User avatar
Thetis
I'm back once in a blue moon
 
Joined: 30 Aug 2010

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod 1.5A Updated (Hotfix)!

Postby nax » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:16 pm

One other problem I'm noticing - In Wrath of Cronos for Heretic, I'm noticing that the transluscent versions of the enemies (like the ghouls) cannot be hit by melee weapons. This is particularly problematic for using Fighter builds tailoring to high strength / crit for melee weapons. Also somewhat problematic on Cleric builds with high mace mastery and strength. The thing is, even melee weapons with a "range" such as Timon's Axe still do not hit these creatures.

Now if this was intended, it should probably be changed in order to not completely take away melee options. Perhaps give them higher resistances, or give them some kind of close area of effect pulse.

Another problem that my friend and I are facing is that they cannot use Alchemy. When she tries to combine two potions, she gets a message saying they have no empty flasks even when they have 20. She is on Windows 8 and uses Zandronum. I do not get this problem (using Windows 7).

****

Oh and as for my former post, I did find a way to add Levels, Skill Points, and Stat Points.
Spoiler:
nax
 
Joined: 06 Jul 2013

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod 1.5A Updated (Hotfix)!

Postby Thetis » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:49 am

nax wrote:Hey, love the mod so far! Just a couple things that I would like to bring up as I'm playing this with a friend on Coop.

The problem with coop is mainly that progress can't be saved. I'm hoping that there could be some way to save a character to some kind of text file that can be loaded as needed. I figure this probably isn't the easiest thing to do; if it is possible to have the game save and load info from a file, even simply just having the exp value saved on there would be fine. That way we keep the character level we've played for even if we have to re-do our skill / stat points.

As a tie-in to this, if it's not possible to do the multiplayer character saving or exp saving, perhaps we could have some kind of command to give experience points out. I know this in itself is possible since using give ammo will level up your character to 2822 (max level), so I'm guessing the experience points are handled as a type of ammo. If we could utilize this to give ourselves exp to pick up where we left off, it'd be perfect.

I tried using hunter out but early on I felt really underwhelmed. By the time I finally got the bow it didn't seem to do much at all. Perhaps I didn't have enough agility at the time or something. Also my friend was able to fire different arrows with it using the alt fire function and I couldn't get that to work...not sure why.

Anyways, thanks for your time.


Spoiler:


nax wrote:One other problem I'm noticing - In Wrath of Cronos for Heretic, I'm noticing that the transluscent versions of the enemies (like the ghouls) cannot be hit by melee weapons. This is particularly problematic for using Fighter builds tailoring to high strength / crit for melee weapons. Also somewhat problematic on Cleric builds with high mace mastery and strength. The thing is, even melee weapons with a "range" such as Timon's Axe still do not hit these creatures.

Now if this was intended, it should probably be changed in order to not completely take away melee options. Perhaps give them higher resistances, or give them some kind of close area of effect pulse.

Another problem that my friend and I are facing is that they cannot use Alchemy. When she tries to combine two potions, she gets a message saying they have no empty flasks even when they have 20. She is on Windows 8 and uses Zandronum. I do not get this problem (using Windows 7).

****

Oh and as for my former post, I did find a way to add Levels, Skill Points, and Stat Points.
Spoiler:


It's because you are dealing with ghost monsters which is why your melee attacks are not working.

Mixing flasks do not require empty flasks, was she trying to use reagents?
User avatar
Thetis
I'm back once in a blue moon
 
Joined: 30 Aug 2010

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod 1.5A Updated (Hotfix)!

Postby nax » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:31 am

Nope, just trying to mix flasks

EDIT: Well, in the highest difficulty there's a TON of these "Ghost" versions everywhere and it makes it really annoying as a Fighter to face them off.
nax
 
Joined: 06 Jul 2013

Re: RE: Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod Release 1.5B now with Strife

Postby Thetis » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:10 pm

After a long time figuring out how to make this Strife compatible, I finally did it. Wrath of Cronos functions a little different in Strife than in other IWADs because of the lack of the alchemy system.

Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod Release 1.5B

Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod Strife Patch 1.5B (Load after 1.5B if you are playing on Strife)

EDIT: Quick update on the Strife patch. It shouldn't ruin your save file if you have gotten anywhere in Strife.

EDIT 2: Forgot to actually upload the damn patch. Now you can actually download the new Strife patch.

EDIT 3: Updated the main file, now you can actually select your 6th slot weapon. (Will not ruin save files)
User avatar
Thetis
I'm back once in a blue moon
 
Joined: 30 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.5B now w/ Strife! (Hotfixed)

Postby dljosef » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:50 pm

Concerning the monsters, how much does each gain per every level that the player's character levels up?
User avatar
dljosef
Brutal Doom? Nope, I don't care.
 
Joined: 12 Aug 2005
Location: Deep underground

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.5B now w/ Strife! (Hotfixed)

Postby Thetis » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:30 am

Too many monsters to list.

Also, I updated the Strife patch so some of the monsters don't hurt themselves with their own attacks. It won't mess up saves.
User avatar
Thetis
I'm back once in a blue moon
 
Joined: 30 Aug 2010

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.5B now w/ Strife! (Hotfixed)

Postby tyketto » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:26 pm

I'm happy to announce the first major update to the Wrath of Cronos Guide!

The biggest change is the introduction to the Fighter page. The Fighter now has a page dedicated to him, which includes starting stats, weapons breakdown (with damage equations) and a reference guide to his Skill Tree.

Other changes:

- The Alchemy Menu page has been updated to include a table that reflects possible combinations when using the Alchemy Menu in-game.

- The Skill Menu page has been updated with Skill Categories, which gives readers a bit more info on the various Skills/Abilities in the game and how they work.

- General beautification.

You can check out all the new stuff by visiting the Wrath of Cronos Guide: http://wrathofcronos.wordpress.com/
User avatar
tyketto
Proprietor of the Tome of Power
 
Joined: 02 Jul 2013

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.5B now w/ Strife! (Hotfixed)

Postby dljosef » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:39 pm

@tyketto - Looking forward for the next class you'll cover.

As for Visions, I found that at max-level, it takes two bolts to convert an enemy...but the enemy may still fire a warning shot at you anyhow.

Edit: Any chance for a "random stat point distribution" option?
User avatar
dljosef
Brutal Doom? Nope, I don't care.
 
Joined: 12 Aug 2005
Location: Deep underground

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.5B now w/ Strife! (Hotfixed)

Postby yoshi314 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:45 am

maybe i missed some documentation, but is there a way to pause the game when i am mucking around the level up menu, so that i can still use the menu ?
yoshi314
 
Joined: 16 May 2012

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.5B now w/ Strife! (Hotfixed)

Postby Thetis » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:13 am

yoshi314 wrote:maybe i missed some documentation, but is there a way to pause the game when i am mucking around the level up menu, so that i can still use the menu ?


No.
dljosef wrote:@tyketto - Looking forward for the next class you'll cover.

As for Visions, I found that at max-level, it takes two bolts to convert an enemy...but the enemy may still fire a warning shot at you anyhow.

Edit: Any chance for a "random stat point distribution" option?

What do you mean warning shot?

Next release yes.
User avatar
Thetis
I'm back once in a blue moon
 
Joined: 30 Aug 2010

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.5B now w/ Strife! (Hotfixed)

Postby dljosef » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:25 am

After being converted by the Visions spell, the convert would still take a potshot at you as if they were still an enemy.
User avatar
dljosef
Brutal Doom? Nope, I don't care.
 
Joined: 12 Aug 2005
Location: Deep underground

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.5B now w/ Strife! (Hotfixed)

Postby Thetis » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:46 am

I'll look into that.
User avatar
Thetis
I'm back once in a blue moon
 
Joined: 30 Aug 2010

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ErrantMasa, Tombstone665 and 10 guests