Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Valherran

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.8A

Post by Valherran »

I am pretty sure the Zandronum version is coded very differently. But you may as well wait for an answer from Thetis regardless.
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Valherran wrote:I am pretty sure the Zandronum version is coded very differently. But you may as well wait for an answer from Thetis regardless.
I really hope he still reads forums, haven't heard from him anywhere for a while.
mutator

Post by mutator »

this is one of the awesome mods I just found out and not regret playing it.. but I don't know how this mod works so can someone be generous to explain me how this mod works I mean I know that there are player classes and new items but what each item you pick up does and how you know which skill you upgrade after leveling up
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

mutator wrote:this is one of the awesome mods I just found out and not regret playing it.. but I don't know how this mod works so can someone be generous to explain me how this mod works I mean I know that there are player classes and new items but what each item you pick up does and how you know which skill you upgrade after leveling up
The items are mostly pretty self-explanatory since most of them are from Heretic and Hexen anyways and aren't quite new. Quartz flasks heal you, flechettes act like various kinds of bombs, so on and so forth. As for skills, just do whatever sounds good to you based on skill descriptions. If something doesn't work out, just try something else next time. That's part of the fun. Just gotta experiment until you find something that works. Generally speaking, though, just following a branch on the skill tree is a solid way of doing things, so if you don't wanna experiment too terribly hard, just go with that.

That having been said, it would be cool if someone put together a sort of comprehensive overview of the mod; maybe not wiki levels of detail, but there's certainly enough here to write a wiki on, that's for sure.
mutator

Post by mutator »

does this mod have any longer updates or 1.8 was the final release?
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

When you look inside the mod it suggests that this isn't the final version. There are some planned two classes and new abilities upcoming in the future updates, as the text file inside the mod tells.

I say it's unlikely since it has been a long time since the author has posted.
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

4thcharacter wrote:When you look inside the mod it suggests that this isn't the final version. There are some planned two classes and new abilities upcoming in the future updates, as the text file inside the mod tells.

And a lot of unused enemies that work perfectly when they are summoned with the console (Vampire, Shadowbeast, blackspider, brownspider, etc...)
I found chests in the code too, when you open it you get a lot of items and money, I never found these treasures in a normal gameplay using heretic, hexen or doom 1 & 2 patch however.

I only wish a randomizer monster for Heretic too, it is a bit boring fighting the same 4-5 types of enemies during the five campaigns all time :?
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Exeor wrote:
4thcharacter wrote:When you look inside the mod it suggests that this isn't the final version. There are some planned two classes and new abilities upcoming in the future updates, as the text file inside the mod tells.

And a lot of unused enemies that work perfectly when they are summoned with the console (Vampire, Shadowbeast, blackspider, brownspider, etc...)
I found chests in the code too, when you open it you get a lot of items and money, I never found these treasures in a normal gameplay using heretic, hexen or doom 1 & 2 patch however.

I only wish a randomizer monster for Heretic too, it is a bit boring fighting the same 4-5 types of enemies during the five campaigns all time :?
I, too, am yearning for a monster randomizer for Heretic. I might consider making one myself by using those pre-defined monsters from Realm 667.

Also, all of those except the chests aren't unused. I'm pretty sure the monsters you mentioned were used in some monster randomizer made by the author himself for Doom.
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

4thcharacter wrote:
I, too, am yearning for a monster randomizer for Heretic. I might consider making one myself by using those pre-defined monsters from Realm 667.

Also, all of those except the chests aren't unused. I'm pretty sure the monsters you mentioned were used in some monster randomizer made by the author himself for Doom.
Mmh, I use the monster randomizer for Doom 1 and 2 and almost all time I found black mages with super shotguns, fly Imps from Heretic with different color palettes, Bishop variants and enemies from Heretic/Hexen, but never found small spiders or archers from Hexen 2.

http://imgur.com/a/vBvUq

Chests can be spawned with "Summon Supplychest".
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Archers and spiders? They're included in the doom monster randomizer patch in this mod by Thetis here.

The spiders come from the Skull/Shadow Wizards (who replace Barons and Hell Knights) when killed and archers replace the chaingunners and revenants.
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

True, and I have noticed that Shadowbeasts replace Baron of Hells too, my bad.
I guess that I have to play more Doom 2 maps with the randomizer patch
MaxRideWizardLord

Exeor wrote:
4thcharacter wrote:

Mmh, I use the monster randomizer for Doom 1 and 2 and almost all time I found black mages with super shotguns, fly Imps from Heretic with different color palettes, Bishop variants and enemies from Heretic/Hexen, but never found small spiders or archers from Hexen 2.

http://imgur.com/a/vBvUq

Chests can be spawned with "Summon Supplychest".
Mages with super shotgun? Sounds extremely overpowered and fun, how do I summon them?

Not related to topic. I was browsing the core woc file with slumped really hard and still failed to see where exactly do I modify files for a little rebalance. I want to change hp growth of certain class per level up and per each point spend on constitution stat. If anyone know what exactly I should change, please inform me.
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:
Mages with super shotgun? Sounds extremely overpowered and fun, how do I summon them?

Not related to topic. I was browsing the core woc file with slumped really hard and still failed to see where exactly do I modify files for a little rebalance. I want to change hp growth of certain class per level up and per each point spend on constitution stat. If anyone know what exactly I should change, please inform me.
You can summon 4 types of enemy-mages in the console:
Summon Gunpriest
Summon GunTemplar
Summon Guncrusader
Summon Cultmystic

They aren't really OP (they replace zombiemen and shotgunners with the Doom randomizer patch), but the Cultmystic can revive other mages and monsters interestingly.
MaxRideWizardLord

Exeor wrote:
MaxRideWizardLord wrote:

You can summon 4 types of enemy-mages in the console:
Summon Gunpriest
Summon GunTemplar
Summon Guncrusader
Summon Cultmystic

They aren't really OP (they replace zombiemen and shotgunners with the Doom randomizer patch), but the Cultmystic can revive other mages and monsters interestingly.
Oh, those... I was hoping to see a true super shotgun wielding Mage, so I imagine that it would be like that green bearded zombie guy with super shotgun from realm 667 that as well... a Mage, for some reason. :P

Anyway, mind help me figure out how to do rebalance a little if you can, please?
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

Try to open the wrathofcronosr1_8a2.pk3 and change the values of the PLAYERS.txt for every class as you wish, I guess that is the right file.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”