Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
4thcharacter

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.8A

Post by 4thcharacter »

I don't know if the newer versions had this changed, but white clouds from white flasks can actually damage enemies and likely gib them too while they're at it. If the enemy's too close or inside the solidified cloud before it dissipates, they'll receive any damage that's high that it could gib them.

So yeah, they could be useful aside from a projectile blocker or doorway barricade.

Speaking of flasks, I saw hints that Purple could polymorph enemies into a pig when I tended to look at the decorate code a long time ago.
Nightgaunt

Post by Nightgaunt »

Do single skills have a level cap?

Also, in a typical Hexen play-through, how many ability trees can you max?
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

I remember all skills have a level cap of 10. And as for Hexen, you can grind with the endlessly flowing ettins but it's tiring. It's easily doable in Deathkings because the enemies go in quicker and most of the time they're stronger than ettins, like a slaughtaur. I remember getting around 35-ish on the original Hexen and on the first part I'm already level 10+ on Deathkings.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Nightgaunt wrote:Do single skills have a level cap?

Also, in a typical Hexen play-through, how many ability trees can you max?
As 4thcharacter said, all skills have a cap of 10.

Provided you don't abuse the infinite Ettin spawns and play on default settings, 1 entire playthrough of default Hexen levels starting from level 1 will get you from 35-40 in level.

35 levels = 35 skill points.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Nightgaunt wrote:My interests lie mainly in the Warrior and Necromancer but I find really annoying that so many Warrior weapons require intelligence.
Same with Necro requiring Charisma for pet damage, forcing me to deteract from intelligence...
Well... actually you can make a funny Warrior STR-build which will smash all foes in melee and whip them away with a powerful Stomp, and only flying creatures in a wideopen areas can be annoying, but you get them with the Hook Shot. The Destroyer spec are best choice for this way. STR is your bread with butter, but WIS will useful too for skill spamming later.
And I very like the Necro too. But even if you didn't pump up your CHAR stat your army will scales with your level and stats, just up their slvl. The Conjuror path is a good choice for summoner, also you will permanently into the ghost state, as long as you will have summoned Shadow near. Invest points into INT (and WIS).
4thcharacter wrote:I don't know if the newer versions had this changed, but white clouds from white flasks can actually damage enemies and likely gib them too while they're at it. If the enemy's too close or inside the solidified cloud before it dissipates, they'll receive any damage that's high that it could gib them.

So yeah, they could be useful aside from a projectile blocker or doorway barricade.

Speaking of flasks, I saw hints that Purple could polymorph enemies into a pig when I tended to look at the decorate code a long time ago.
Wow! Never seen that "white death" action before! I checked it and in a fact deadly action goes exactly in the moment when the cloud are pass away.
What about Purple ones - there nothing word about polymorph. At the other side, Thetis's code may be a bit bugged. Forex code says what Afrit Queen should drop all flasks with except the Green and Maroon:
Spoiler:
but in a fact there small typo (?) are. So she never drop it.

Oh, just a few words about exp - the WIS boosting, a successful mixing are important for leveling too. I had finishes Hexen_WoC2.0c by Necro on the 3rd difficulty at ~45 lvl with 50 WIS, because I werel have a "hot start" from pumping up WIS up to 39 points at 10th level. For advance I did mix flasks also.
Last edited by Void Weaver on Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

There are five 9 level episodes, and 1 final level episode. The maps are much larger and some can have over 300 monsters. And yes it is compatible with Wrath of Cronos. As a matter of fact, the entire wad is built around Wrath of Cronos in mind. You can play the wad without wrath of cronos but... it was really made for it.

Video of my wad testing on episode 4 and 5
https://youtu.be/fXa49pUI7Y4
BloodShot

Post by BloodShot »

Are there any versions of wrath of cronos that work on the VR version of gzdoom?

What about any similar mods that work on newer gzdooms and add RPG elements and new spells?
Nightgaunt

Post by Nightgaunt »

irontusk341 wrote:There are five 9 level episodes, and 1 final level episode. The maps are much larger and some can have over 300 monsters. And yes it is compatible with Wrath of Cronos. As a matter of fact, the entire wad is built around Wrath of Cronos in mind. You can play the wad without wrath of cronos but... it was really made for it.

Video of my wad testing on episode 4 and 5
https://youtu.be/fXa49pUI7Y4

Thanks, will definitely check it out in the future! :D

Back to the Class discussion, I really feel the Warrior should have at least one ranged strength based weapon. Maybe the old hammer.

I mean, I am really supposed to punch Korax to death? Is it even possible at hardest difficulty? (aside Icon of the Defender abuse)
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Void Weaver wrote:What about Purple ones - there nothing word about polymorph.
I swear I saw something in Purple Flask's segment in the Flasks decorate back then hinting that something makes it morph things into animals. I'll try to find it and post a screenie later since I'm busy.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Nightgaunt wrote:I mean, I am really supposed to punch Korax to death? Is it even possible at hardest difficulty? (aside Icon of the Defender abuse)
Of course, Korax have a higher dps than D'Sparil at close combat, but hell they are bosses! So yeah, why not use all IotD?
In the other side, if it possible to smash out D'Sparil's skull only with Fists, then why is impossible to try did the same with Korax?
4thcharacter wrote:
Void Weaver wrote:What about Purple ones - there nothing word about polymorph.
I swear I saw something in Purple Flask's segment in the Flasks decorate back then hinting that something makes it morph things into animals. I'll try to find it and post a screenie later since I'm busy.
I am wrong, you are aaabsolutely right! This code part is just blocked, well let's see what will happens if turn it on...
Spoiler:
Woohoo! Image :lol:
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

Here is last part of my livestream testing of my wad file.. as you can see there are some texture bugs i need to fix.. and im going to work on increasing the HP of the last 2 bosses. But Episode 5 looks beautiful overall, its hard... very hard... puzzles, labyrinth's, numerous enemies, traps, chasms, and more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyD3XW2ENT8
Nightgaunt

Post by Nightgaunt »

Noticed the sapphire wand is basically even more overpowered than vanilla...the three shot mode makes large crowds a joke to deal with, and you got it from the start!
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

Hello there, i have replayed WOC with "A New World" and im replaying the original game with the Cleric (with the ability path" of the paralysis magic, ghost who attack ect....), it's really a fun mod who make Hexen more fast paced with the custom enemies (without to be really hard).
I wanted know, will there be some updates for this projects? I have wrathofcronos2 (2.0 i think)
Did i have to use some other files to play with heretic.wad?
Is it possible to update the links in the first post?

Anyway, awesome mods, at the start, i though there was too much items but everything is helpful and fun to use, good content! :D
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Void Weaver wrote:I am wrong, you are aaabsolutely right! This code part is just blocked, well let's see what will happens if turn it on...
Spoiler:
Woohoo! Image :lol:

Yeah, that would be broken. That's most likely the reason why it was disabled. Wouldn't hurt to make the purple flask stand out more because it's essentially a green gas cloud that purple colored, fires a projectile but none of that poisonous area-of-effect damage.
Void Weaver

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG 2.0c2

Post by Void Weaver »

Manhs wrote:I wanted know, will there be some updates for this projects? I have wrathofcronos2 (2.0 i think)
Yes, the last published WoC version is 2.0c2 with the core file "wrathofcronosr2c2". Here is unofficial changelog for "c" versions.
Manhs wrote:Did i have to use some other files to play with heretic.wad?
Default line for Heretic launch: "-file wrathofcronosnothexenpatch.pk3 wrathofcronosr2c2.pk3 wrathofcronoshereticpatch2.pk3 wrathofcronosr2_hereticweapfix.pk3 -iwad heretic"
Order of loading have matter. "wrathofcronosr2_hereticweapfix.pk3" is a fanmade patch which are fixes weapon bug in the Heretic games.
Manhs wrote:Is it possible to update the links in the first post?
No unfortunatelly, unless it will did a some moderator or the Thetis personally.
Since Thetis doesn't show activity on the forum, that are became reason of a lot useless posts about dead links and download, despite in a fact here (on the last ~10 pages) a lot of actual links for mod downloading. :/
Here you can download files separately, and also track a new issues.
Here you can download one of my ready-made WoC2.0c2 packs for all games.
Here you can download IronTusk's ready-made WoC2.0c2 pack with his mod and extra stuff.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”