Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
BradmanX
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3 (Assassin Added)

Post by BradmanX »

Just to let you know, the lite version link 404s whenever I try to load it.
Thetis

Post by Thetis »

Ichor wrote:I've been noticing something strange. I was playing through Hexen as a necromancer (specializing in curses, which works quite well). I put most of my points into intellect, but some in strength and wisdom. Normally, I should be doing decent damage to most enemies, but every so often I'm doing minimal damage. It was especially noticable in Dungeons with the non-stop ettin party. The problem is that I was barely doing any damage to the ettins (normally, the heart weapon would do around 30-40 damage per hit, but in these cases, I kept seeing single digits), even the basic ones, and even with max enfeeble curses. As a result, I kept getting swamped by them because they were spawning in faster than I could kill them, even though I had about 60 or so intellect by that point. It's almost like there are times when intellect isn't being factored in, but the ettins are stronger than what you would find in Winnowing Hall. I'm not sure if it's a savegame issue or if it's only summoned monsters. I couldn't seem to find the actual cause, and I had to use the BUTCHER code numerous times just to survive.
Hmm, could you let me know what the CVar value is for "WoC_PlayerStatDamageScale" when you type that in the console and you encounter this issue?
BradmanX wrote:Just to let you know, the lite version link 404s whenever I try to load it.
Fixed.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Is it just me, or does killing Strife monsters not give any experience?
Thetis

Post by Thetis »

AvzinElkein wrote:Is it just me, or does killing Strife monsters not give any experience?
Check your Experience Multiplier settings in WoC's menu and make sure it is default at 100.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Thetis wrote:
AvzinElkein wrote:Is it just me, or does killing Strife monsters not give any experience?
Check your Experience Multiplier settings in WoC's menu and make sure it is default at 100.
Thanks; it was set to 1 for some reason. I fixed it.
IvanDobrovski

Post by IvanDobrovski »

SallazarSpellcaster wrote:
Carrotear wrote:I feel like this is a 'Me' thing, but when on a map with a butt-load of monsters it lags massively.
It's not a 'You' thing; since WoC is very heavy on its scripting while calculating monster levels, attributes, damages, drop chances, in relation to the character him/herself, as well as the various effects going on, it all becomes a lot of information and can get incredibly, unplayably laggy. It's noticeable mostly in slaughtermaps, though, so most wads should be relatively fine, as they rarely go above -as far as I know- 600-700ish monsters for the largest ones I've experienced.
There are mods out there with heavier emphasis on scripting that still work fine. This is an optimization error on the mod author's end that should be fixed. I've seen some of the code and it's poorly optimized. (Especially the health bars, that alone is reason this can't reliably work under Zandronum for one)
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Do not use the Wrath of Cronos 2.0 Level Average distribution PWAD with Wrath of Cronos 2.2 and 3.0. It will cause crashes of networks games.
monkeybtm6

Post by monkeybtm6 »

Currently working on a zandronum specific addon for this that takes advantage of zandronums database features. so you can save your character data server side to pick up where you left off or take your same characters across multiple games and megawads.

Saves each class separately, saves stats, experience, and skills, it does not save weapons and armor.

it also saves your money and accessories across all the classes.

ive not had the chance to test it on a live server yet but its here if any want to test it in single player.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/epx29uz395lhh ... 1.PK3?dl=0

make sure its loaded after the main WoC mod.

IT ONLY WORKS IN ZANDRONUM, GZDOOM DOESNT HAVE THE DATABASE FUNCTIONS NEEDED FOR IT TO WORK.

Edit: Replaced download link with newer version.
Last edited by monkeybtm6 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thetis

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Post by Thetis »

Updated the main and lite files to utilize ZScript for Floating HP Bars and Damage numbers as well as fixing laggy killing spree scripts.
monkeybtm6 wrote:Currently working on a zandronum specific addon for this that takes advantage of zandronums database features. so you can save your character data server side to pick up where you left off or take your same characters across multiple games and megawads.

Saves each class separately, saves stats, experience, and skills, it does not save weapons and armor.

it also saves your money and accessories across all the classes.

ive not had the chance to test it on a live server yet but its here if any want to test it in single player.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ro39xkro6sma5 ... 1.PK3?dl=0

make sure its loaded after the main WoC mod.

IT ONLY WORKS IN ZANDRONUM, GZDOOM DOESNT HAVE THE DATABASE FUNCTIONS NEEDED FOR IT TO WORK.
I tested it out a little, the assassin skills are not saved or loaded.
monkeybtm6

Post by monkeybtm6 »

Thetis wrote:Updated the main and lite files to utilize ZScript for Floating HP Bars and Damage numbers as well as fixing laggy killing spree scripts.

I tested it out a little, the assassin skills are not saved or loaded.
ah there was a minor typo on the script for them, should be fixed in the next version

edit: fixed version here.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y1l04nuyvq9hc ... 2.PK3?dl=0
also changed some things after network tests.
saves data every time a new map is started.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

One more question: what does the altfire for the Enchanted Bow do?
SallazarSpellcaster

Post by SallazarSpellcaster »

AvzinElkein wrote:One more question: what does the altfire for the Enchanted Bow do?
It switches the elemental effect of the arrows, if you have these proper skills unlocked.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

I assume I can only use the Fighter's zero-mana attacks if I'm actually out of mana? Also, I don't see any 'jack-of-all-stats' class...
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

AvzinElkein wrote:I assume I can only use the Fighter's zero-mana attacks if I'm actually out of mana? Also, I don't see any 'jack-of-all-stats' class...
The Cleric is the closest Jack of all Stats class available.
Kenon
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kenon »

Hello, I like this mod, I love to play it, but in version 3A found a fatal bug:
If you select a Necromancer and summon Shadow from the Summon Shadow skill, and then die, the game crashes. Zandronum 3.0 and 3.0.1,

Return to “Gameplay Mods”