Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
yoshi314

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod for Heretic, Hexen, and Doom

Post by yoshi314 »

Thetis wrote:Set your Screenblocks to 11 (or just press + or - to see if you can find the HuD).
i tried shrinking the screen already with - key . still no hud. i don't even have any health/ammo/other indicators on screen.

does the Screenblocks thing do something else than +/- keys ? Will try that later.
yoshi314

Post by yoshi314 »

Screenblocks variable fixes the problem on non-hexen games. checked on heretic.
Funky Gnoll

Post by Funky Gnoll »

A few suggestions:

Skill milestones? There's already something like this with the Necromancer's summons, where they gain new attacks at certain levels of skill investment.

Skill synergies? Certain skills could boost others, e.g. Curse increasing the duration of Punishment, or Blood Rush and Adrenaline becoming active during Berserk. Blight could be contagious, and cause other curses to have a chance to spread.

Some sort of "Reaper" skill for the Necromancer, to cause effects on sickle hits/kills? Right now his sickle is pretty pointless after gaining a few levels. :P

The Cleric's skillset is really good, by the way! Currently playing through Alien Vendetta and it's a blast.
Triple S

Post by Triple S »

So I really enjoy this mod. Played through all of Ultimate Doom with the Ranger (Ranger is stupidly powerful), and am currently going through Scythe2 with the Necro.

Couple things about the Necro... why is there no ability to bring an enemy back to life? Maybe it'd have to be something killed solely with the sickle or something. I dunno. It'd be neat to have contagious Blight or something, too.

And also, what are the Gauntlets of the Necromancer supposed to do? They just seem like a chainsaw with longer range (and infinite ammo), but that doesn't seem right since they're pretty useless if that's the case.
Funky Gnoll

Post by Funky Gnoll »

The altfire on the Gauntlets will drain health, but it costs a bit of blue mana to maintain. I never figured out if the primary fire has any other effects besides doing damage.
JimmyJ

Post by JimmyJ »

A bug I've noticed as the Mage, and it may happen with others too, I saw it on the fireball spell specifically though, is after I had a few levels in it, the spell menu said it was only at level 2 and showed incorrect mana costs and damage values for it. It was stuck showing the stats for a way lower level of the spell than I had, and said it was that low level in the description area even though it wasn't.
Triple S

Post by Triple S »

Funky Gnoll wrote:The altfire on the Gauntlets will drain health, but it costs a bit of blue mana to maintain. I never figured out if the primary fire has any other effects besides doing damage.
Yeah I assumed it would drain health since it's red like the powered gauntlets in Heretic, but it doesn't seem to. It also doesn't use mana up. Weird.
Thetis

Post by Thetis »

JimmyJ wrote:A bug I've noticed as the Mage, and it may happen with others too, I saw it on the fireball spell specifically though, is after I had a few levels in it, the spell menu said it was only at level 2 and showed incorrect mana costs and damage values for it. It was stuck showing the stats for a way lower level of the spell than I had, and said it was that low level in the description area even though it wasn't.
The skill menu does not show damage values and the magick costs are dependant on level ability for some spells so fireball would become more expensive the more levels you put in it. It specifically tells you the formula in the skill menu.
Frozenwolf150

Post by Frozenwolf150 »

This mod looks pretty good so far, and I love the idea of using the Hexen characters in the Doom setting. However, that's precisely when I ran into some issues. The artifacts aren't always visible, specifically the Discs of Repulsion that zombies are supposed to drop. I can see the yellow glow from the dynamic lighting effect, but not the actual artifact. I can still pick them up, of course.

That said, everything seems to work perfectly within the Hexen setting itself, and the new abilities and classes definitely add replay value to each of the games. So this, along with the Doom RPG mod, should give me plenty of reason to replay the old classics.
Thetis

Post by Thetis »

Small main file update for Wrath of Cronos. Simply contains bug fixes and a few balance changes.

http://static.**LINK_DISABLED**.org/wads/wrathofcronosr1_4b.pk3
Frozenwolf150

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod 1.4B for Heretic, Hexen, and Doo

Post by Frozenwolf150 »

For some strange reason, I can't see brackets or anything that indicates my active inventory item. I can see the inventory menu and switch between items, but I can't tell which one is active. This has resulted in accidentally wasting the items, or using Flechettes in my face without realizing it.
Thetis

Post by Thetis »

You aren't the first one to report that to me. Do you have anything autoloaded in ur .ini? Also are you using OpenGL or Software?

EDIT: Have you tried enabling vid_hw2d? (Assuming you are in software)
Thetis

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod 1.4C for Heretic, Hexen, and Doo

Post by Thetis »

Update again. This update focuses on bug fixes and adding some configurable CVars for people to toy around with.

Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod Release 1.4C

Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod Heretic Compat Patch 1.4C

Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod Doom Compat Patch 1.4C
Last edited by Thetis on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frozenwolf150

Post by Frozenwolf150 »

Thetis wrote:You aren't the first one to report that to me. Do you have anything autoloaded in ur .ini? Also are you using OpenGL or Software?

EDIT: Have you tried enabling vid_hw2d? (Assuming you are in software)
I don't have anything autoloaded in my zdoom-owner.ini if that's what you mean. Also, I'm using OpenGL. I downloaded your latest update, but I'm still having the same problem. Is there something I need to manually configure in the .ini file?

Edit: Problem solved, I was using an incompatible texture mode for OpenGL. Certain texture settings have crashed my GZDoom before, so I had to test each one to find out which ones worked. The brackets show up for some but not for others. rgba8 seems to work.

On an unrelated note, is there supposed to be a secondary firing mode for the Hunter's default weapon? Also, is there a way to get it to autofire so that one doesn't have to tap the fire key for each attack?
Thetis

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod 1.4C for Heretic, Hexen, and Doo

Post by Thetis »

The Machete needs to unlock its altfire by putting a point into block. Further points in block adds other functions to the block. Also, it can't autofire.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”