Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.8A

Post by irontusk341 »

So i updated to the new Wrath of Cronos versions and some things were missing when playing on GZdoom 2.2

This is my load order... and i need some help... What did i do wrong? Thanks in advance!

gzdoom -file brightmaps.pk3 gzdoomhexenc3.pk3 iron_tusk_pack.pk3 wrathofcronosnothexenpatch.pk3 wrathofcronosr2c2.pk3 wrathofcronoshereticpatch2.pk3 wrathofcronosr2_hereticweapfix.pk3 _hsbonus.pk3 HereHQsounds.pk3 Heremusic.pk3 hexen_high_resolution_pack.pk3 Hexen_brightmaps.pk3 Hexen_lights.pk3 SilverspringCTF_2-WayTextures_V4.pk3 StainedGlassWindowsTex.pk3 Test.pk3 MageslayerTexPack.wad ShadowCasterTex.WAD hexen2tx.wad wrathofcronosr2_extramonsv12.pk3 wrathofcronosdoomrandom2c2.pk3 -iwad irontusk.wad
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Valherran wrote:
I dunno is does read Thetis the thread or not but occasionaly he check PMs, mine ones at least. At the same time he never answer to me yet.
If he responds to you, maybe ask him why he doesn't post anymore? I never got anything back from him.
I wonder about that too but I have asked him about that a many times actually, and still not get any reply.

2 irontusk341:
Wow, looks a totally messy... Let's see.

1. brightmaps.pk3 - a default(?) gzdoom brightmaps; Hexen_brightmaps.pk3 Hexen_lights.pk3 - lights\bmaps for heretic and hexen games, I can assume there is no need to use 2 bms simultaneously
2. wrathofcronosr2_extramonsv12.pk3 wrathofcronosdoomrandom2c2.pk3 - must be loaded in opposite order and only for doom
3. _hsbonus.pk3 - old massive texture pack for heretic which also contains inside a universal lights pack named as "gfxpatch.wad"; hexen_high_resolution_pack.pk3 - a some similar for hexen, may have a conflict with each other
4. iron_tusk_pack.pk3 irontusk.wad - a some of yours files (a mod and level-pack?)
5. HereHQsounds.pk3 Heremusic.pk3 - sounds and music, I think they are will not conflict with with WoC files but WoC has self own modified sounds
6. StainedGlassWindowsTex.pk3 - stained-glass windows for heretic
7. SilverspringCTF_2-WayTextures_V4.pk3 - a some texture pack probably, may have a conflict with other tex mods, dunno
8. Test.pk3 MageslayerTexPack.wad ShadowCasterTex.WAD hexen2tx.wad - don't know what is it

Seems you are trying to compile a somewhat "universal" modloader for few games simultaneously. I think this is no good idea at the moment. First of all, let's separate bat\icon for the heretic and hexen:

Heretic:
gzdoom -file _hsbonus.pk3 wrathofcronosnothexenpatch.pk3 wrathofcronosr2c2.pk3 wrathofcronoshereticpatch2.pk3 wrathofcronosr2_hereticweapfix.pk3 Hexen_brightmaps.pk3 Hexen_lights.pk3 -iwad heretic

Hexen:
gzdoom -file gfxpatch.wad wrathofcronosr2c2.pk3 Hexen_brightmaps.pk3 Hexen_lights.pk3 -iwad hexen (or hexdd)

Those two I have use for successful launch of vanilla (gfxpatch.wad I have drawn from _hsbonus.pk3 because I'll found a some texture glitches from _hsbonus.pk3 in hexen).
Then you should try to add one by one a some (sound\texture) mods at the beginning of line before wrathofcronosnothexenpatch.pk3 and\or wrathofcronosr2c2.pk3 to avoiding risk of data overwriting (as have mentioned about earlier itt). If the launch will be successeful, then check how correctly modes is apllied - has been setted up a new textures, sounds etc or not. If not, then try to place apropriate files after wrathofcronosr2c2.pk3 and test it again.

When "cosmetic" tuning will finished try to add a level-packs and gameplay mods by the similar way. But a some mods can stay incompatible in any case. Also a some warning messages may still popups during launch even if the game work correctly.

EDIT:
Heretic Meets Diablo II - WOC mod I leave a comment there but you didn't reply, so which are exactly mods were shown there?
Maybe you will find this mod is interesting as well.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

i did clean it up a bit as you suggest, it does load smoothly now without conflicts. Thanks for that.... The Iron_Tusk_Pack changes the title screen png and title itself, map names, episode names, and intermission screens and also adds a few sprites as well. The Irontusk.wad is the main level pack that completely overhauls the level designs in the game.

As for the Heretic Meets Diablo II mod, it uses roughly the same load order as Irontusk.wad but instead of that wadfile, it uses the Diablo2.wad file. That one is still a work in progress. With the recent release of WOC 2c2, it should make that a little more "Diablo II immersive", in my opinion.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

I know the new sprites that spawn in Doom and Hexen such as the Chainmail Ettin and the blue afrit, for example. I have been trying to figure out how to get those sprites to carry over to heretic while keeping the Wrath of Cronos elements such as the level of the sprite, hp, health bar and drops. But i dont want to edit the Wrathofcrono's main PK3 file without breaking it.

If the original author can see this, is it possible that this could be made compatible to work on Heretic as it does on Doom and Hexen randomly??
I may have elementary knowledge of Slade, but im not that good at it. if there is a way please help. Thanks!

Is it possible that Thetis lost his password for the forums or forgot this forum still existed? lol

Also i would like to add, i did make a Heretic Overhaul Pack called HereHex V6. i trimmed the fat from the Heretic and Hexen versions. It includes the latest versions of Wrath of Cronos + the iron tusk pack (map overhauls and extensions, 6 connected episodes, sprites added, new title screen, and new music for each level)
The first version was like 1.7 GB long... but i managed to trim it down to 790MB by consolidation and getting rid a few troublesome gamebreaking content.. If you want just the heretic version, it could be trimmed down further to about 425MB. If the Moderators give the ok to post the new link to the pack then ill post it.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

irontusk341 wrote:The Irontusk.wad is the main level pack that completely overhauls the level designs in the game.

As for the Heretic Meets Diablo II mod, it uses roughly the same load order as Irontusk.wad but instead of that wadfile, it uses the Diablo2.wad file. That one is still a work in progress. With the recent release of WOC 2c2, it should make that a little more "Diablo II immersive", in my opinion.
Where are we can download the "Irontusk.wad" and where is possible to check progress of your work on "Diablo2.wad"? Btw, where have you take from the "Heremusic.pk3"? Is it yours project too?
irontusk341 wrote:Is it possible that Thetis lost his password for the forums or forgot this forum still existed? lol
No, that's impossible becuse he reads PMs. lol
irontusk341 wrote:Also i would like to add, i did make a Heretic Overhaul Pack called HereHex V6. i trimmed the fat from the Heretic and Hexen versions. It includes the latest versions of Wrath of Cronos + the iron tusk pack (map overhauls and extensions, 6 connected episodes, sprites added, new title screen, and new music for each level)
The first version was like 1.7 GB long... but i managed to trim it down to 790MB by consolidation and getting rid a few troublesome gamebreaking content.. If you want just the heretic version, it could be trimmed down further to about 425MB. If the Moderators give the ok to post the new link to the pack then ill post it.
For a such massive packs maybe is better to open a new thread with your pack(s) and projects? Especially if a wip and you are planned to uptade some of them. But I think there is not nothing bad if you will have post it here, just keep in mind what it will be lost in the current thread after a while, and you should update it rather when the new WoC will be released.

Just updated ready-made packs (now in SFX) if a someone needs:
Download Wrath of Cronos RPG v2.0c2 Heretex pack - Pack with a custom Heretic high-res textures.
Download Wrath of Cronos RPG v2.0c2 Minimal pack - Pack without custom Heretic high-res textures.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Where can I get these Diablo2.wad?
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Void Weaver wrote:
irontusk341 wrote:The Irontusk.wad is the main level pack that completely overhauls the level designs in the game.

Where are we can download the "Irontusk.wad" and where is possible to check progress of your work on "Diablo2.wad"? Btw, where have you take from the "Heremusic.pk3"? Is it yours project too?
irontusk341 wrote:Is it possible that Thetis lost his password for the forums or forgot this forum still existed? lol
No, that's impossible becuse he reads PMs. lol
irontusk341 wrote:Also i would like to add, i did make a Heretic Overhaul Pack called HereHex V6. i trimmed the fat from the Heretic and Hexen versions. It includes the latest versions of Wrath of Cronos + the iron tusk pack (map overhauls and extensions, 6 connected episodes, sprites added, new title screen, and new music for each level)
For a such massive packs maybe is better to open a new thread with your pack(s) and projects? Especially if a wip and you are planned to uptade some of them. But I think there is not nothing bad if you will have post it here, just keep in mind what it will be lost in the current thread after a while, and you should update it rather when the new WoC will be released.

Just updated ready-made packs (now in SFX) if a someone needs:
Download Wrath of Cronos RPG v2.0c2 Heretex pack - Pack with a custom Heretic high-res textures.
Download Wrath of Cronos RPG v2.0c2 Minimal pack - Pack without custom Heretic high-res textures.
The Irontusk.wad requires the Iron Tusk pack and some texture pk3's to work as the material was used to for the maps in the irontusk.wad
Also the Heremusic was derived from a HQ heretic music pack file that has since been edited to allow for me to add my own custom tracks to each level and the title screen.
The video i made for youtube on part of the irontusk.wad gameplay is -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upBn0zDU02c
The Irontusk.wad and necessary files to play the wad are here, it includes the music pack, the texture packs, Gzdoom 2.2 and WOC 2c2 -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/4nibir3rl5og1 ... 6.rar?dl=0 (400MB) A quarter of what it used to be.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Thanks, it seems nice, music is very good and there are great potential for grinding, but looks that your pack were tuned for Mage playthrough and where is the Undead Knights?! Also here has too many spawners of powerful artifacts and level design is a bit dull, at 3 first maps of the 1st episode at least.

Btw, what about "Diablo2.wad"?

Also I started the Wrath of Cronos wiki, so welcome to anybody who wants help to compile database of this awesome mod, and I would be especially appreciate to anyone who will fix my terrible english there and upload a some icons\pictures.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Void Weaver wrote:Thanks, it seems nice, music is very good and there are great potential for grinding, but looks that your pack were tuned for Mage playthrough and where is the Undead Knights?! Also here has too many spawners of powerful artifacts and level design is a bit dull, at 3 first maps of the 1st episode at least.

Btw, what about "Diablo2.wad"?

Also I started the Wrath of Cronos wiki, so welcome to anybody who wants help to compile database of this awesome mod, and I would be especially appreciate to anyone who will fix my terrible english there and upload a some icons\pictures.
The Diablo2.wad for heretic, seems like impossible to get it to work the way i want to... It seems like the Hexen format would be easier.. Ive never created hexen maps from scratch before, and it might take me some time to get used to that. So i beckon to just get act 1 for diablo done or (hub) is probably gonna take at least 6 months.
Wackov

Post by Wackov »

Void Weaver wrote:Actually Thetis have a lot thoughts and planned features for WoC. Unfortunately he don't shows any activities on the forums since 2015.

1. At the moment, is no way here to reduce damage aside from direct % reducing by armor and\or skills. Also, in a fact there is just a few of "poison" damage sources in the mod.
2. Maybe I wrong, but I have suspect what a calculation of the falling damage in this case is a bit complicated than just adding Agility-correlative falling damage formula in the mod, because falling damage are execute a bit differently ways in a different ID games.
3. As far as I know, haven't implemented any systems of damage\resistance different kinds in the WoC yet, aside from vanilla features such as 3x damage getting are centaurs by Mage's 3rd electric weapon. But accordingly by the todo-list there is a some thoughts about monsters resistance system implementation. Maybe we are have see that in future versions.
4. What about a different mechanics of positive\negative states like as burning, poisoning, bleeding, stun\shock, confuse, silence etc., it's would be cool. As well as adding of Stamina mechanics, AGI-correlative falling damage and a something like.

I dunno is does read Thetis the thread or not but occasionally he check PMs, mine ones at least. At the same time he never answer to me yet.
If this mod only reduces direct % and it's irrelevant to the source of the damage, then why there are different references to it being fire, ice, lightning and arcane in descriptions?

By the way, I don't know if it's a bug, but Cleric's conjured Wraiths doesn't attack the red-robed mage type. They don't even acknowledge their presence.

Also, there is a typo in: "You need a empty flask" notification, plus "Sacrifice" declares that a "Mace Mastery" is a requirement, and not the "Blunt Mastery" (and I only recently discovered the latter increases the damage done with the shield bash). "Blast Wave" (from Mage's "Pyro" path) has "(...) in it's splash radius." instead "(...) in its splash radius."

By the way, I have a while so I could add missing pixels to the weapon sprites, so they would be 16:10 compatible. However, I don't know how to rip .WAD files. The fastest and easiest way?

PS. I have a feeling that Thetis reads this thread, but he took the "Mysterious Developer's" path (sic!) and prefers it to stay that way. 8-)
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Wackov wrote:If this mod only reduces direct % and it's irrelevant to the source of the damage, then why there are different references to it being fire, ice, lightning and arcane in descriptions?
IIUC, at the moment, this only applies to the types of damage the player himself (his skills if said exactly), which does not mean there are any resistances for player or mobs to the damage of different types.
Wackov wrote:Also, there is a typo in: "You need a empty flask" notification, plus "Sacrifice" declares that a "Mace Mastery" is a requirement, and not the "Blunt Mastery" (and I only recently discovered the latter increases the damage done with the shield bash). "Blast Wave" (from Mage's "Pyro" path) has "(...) in it's splash radius." instead "(...) in its splash radius."
Wackov wrote:By the way, I don't know if it's a bug, but Cleric's conjured Wraiths doesn't attack the red-robed mage type. They don't even acknowledge their presence.
If you are talk about Dark Acolyte (Black-red) (can't be controlled or revived) - healer, then that's looks like a bug. But only Thetis knows that definitely. Try to PM to him for a bugreport and typos. That's what I do at least.
Wackov wrote:PS. I have a feeling that Thetis reads this thread, but he took the "Mysterious Developer's" path (sic!) and prefers it to stay that way. 8-)
Well said! :D That's his exclusive Spec probably.
Wackov

Post by Wackov »

Hey, Voidy, I can't send PM to Thetis, could you do that for me? Also, I already managed to open WoC's .PK3 file and I'm editing the sprites as I'm typing this post. Of course, it's a fair use, and no harm involved. I will post the results when I'm done.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Wackov wrote:Hey, Voidy, I can't send PM to Thetis, could you do that for me? Also, I already managed to open WoC's .PK3 file and I'm editing the sprites as I'm typing this post. Of course, it's a fair use, and no harm involved. I will post the results when I'm done.
I’d like to know the results too, I edited the drop rates for the golem and saberclaws to allow for more gold collecting. I tried integrating brutal heretics physics into thetis’s wrath of cronos with little success. Also I did notice that in Doom Builder adding wrathofcronos2c2.pk3 as a resource for Hexen grants you the ability to add default chests to a map.

Tried moving my diablo 2 project for heretic to Hexen and got errors in DB so I gotta start all over again if I want to implement it in Hexen.

Also void, episode 5 of my irontusk.wad contain completely new maps, with an ancient Egypt like setting. Episode 4 is more like a ice world setting.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Wackov wrote:Hey, Voidy, I can't send PM to Thetis, could you do that for me?
Done, but... why? I mean there is not nothing difficult, just click on PM button or compose PM from your profile.
Wackov wrote:Also, I already managed to open WoC's .PK3 file and I'm editing the sprites as I'm typing this post. Of course, it's a fair use, and no harm involved. I will post the results when I'm done.
irontusk341 wrote:I edited the drop rates for the golem and saberclaws to allow for more gold collecting. I tried integrating brutal heretics physics into thetis’s wrath of cronos with little success. Also I did notice that in Doom Builder adding wrathofcronos2c2.pk3 as a resource for Hexen grants you the ability to add default chests to a map.

Tried moving my diablo 2 project for heretic to Hexen and got errors in DB so I gotta start all over again if I want to implement it in Hexen.

Also void, episode 5 of my irontusk.wad contain completely new maps, with an ancient Egypt like setting. Episode 4 is more like a ice world setting.
Good luck with your work, dudes, but I think what you should (if you want ofc) also send PMs with yours works to Thetis - maybe he will use a some of your ideas in the future releases.
Wackov

Post by Wackov »

Good luck with your work, dudes, but I think what you should (if you want ofc) also send PMs with yours works to Thetis - maybe he will use a some of your ideas in the future releases.
Can't PM anyone at the moment. I need to fill my overall quota of posts and I don't know how many I need. Are you aware of the exact score, perhaps?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”