Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Newplanet

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.8A

Post by Newplanet »

Thanks! Also I got some gold coins. Any idea how I'm supposed to spend them?
worldendDominator

Post by worldendDominator »

You have to find a shopkeeper.

I have a question myself. Do I have to play it in a certain version of GZDoom, or can I use whatever I want? Packages posted by Void Weaver have 2.2.0, but it's really old.
Newplanet

Post by Newplanet »

I see. I haven't found one so far in any of the Heretic levels in the first chapter with this mod. As for gzdoom I'm using the version that came with the package so idk.
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

links are dead
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

shadstarn wrote:links are dead
Yes, a lot of people are complaining about the links being dead. However, the OP hasn't seemed to fix them, so go ask in the "Mod Download Broken? Request Reuploads Here" thread, or search through it to see if someone's already reposted.
worldendDominator

There are links on page 38.

Maybe we should poke someone who can edit posts (a moderator? I don't know) to add the links to the OP.

Edit: Okay, WoC doesn't work with GZDoom 3.2.1. Apparently it doesn't recognize TARGET as a constant name, leading to 700+ Decorate script errors.
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

worldendDominator wrote: Edit: Okay, WoC doesn't work with GZDoom 3.2.1. Apparently it doesn't recognize TARGET as a constant name, leading to 700+ Decorate script errors.

As I already said, latest GZDooM cannot run this mod(latest 2.0c2) without fixes last year, so I already give up.

For some weird reasons, the DooM patch may still working but I didn't tried, don't know if other patches does fix the problem, maybe not. And I don't want using old GZDooM versions...:(
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

2 worldendDominator:
Actually a some guy did compat. fix for the WoC2.0 version to gzdoom 3
vidumec wrote:the mod does work on latest gzdoom versions, the 629 errors are of the same type and easy to fix with SLADE, granted i first misinterpreted the parameter that was causing the errors and replaced it with something else but it ended up working just fine
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2IErg ... 54S1U/view here are the fixed files for doom, meaning no heretic or masters of chaos patches
I believe that WoC 2.0c2 can be fixed by the similar way. Unfortunately, vidumec isn't appears since 11.17.17.
worldendDominator

I've already fixed most errors too, but the last one is too weird to understand.
Spoiler:
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

wildweasel wrote:
shadstarn wrote:links are dead
Yes, a lot of people are complaining about the links being dead. However, the OP hasn't seemed to fix them, so go ask in the "Mod Download Broken? Request Reuploads Here" thread, or search through it to see if someone's already reposted.
Makes you wonder if Thetis is still alive, or forgot his login information, or just permanently left the project all together. Ive tried getting WOC 2c2 to work on GZ 3.2 with no success... the more i fiddle with the code in slade, the more errors that pop up and the more lost i get. Its a pain in the backside if you ask me. So i just stick with GZdoom 2.2 for the time being. You can have both Gzdoom 2.2 and 3.2 on your computer... just in separate folders. So i can play the latest stuff on 3.2, and WOC or Brutal Heretic, or my Diablo 3D wad (alpha Testing) on 2.2
Catarne

Post by Catarne »

Great mod, i love the rpg
worldendDominator

I tried to take the crafting system from Brutal Hexen RPG and make it work with Wrath of Cronos. And it worked.
Spoiler: Screenshots
Right now it only does the same flask mixing as the alchemy menu, but if it becomes an official part of the mod, there's a lot of potential. With addition of some materials, you could craft armor pieces, or accessories, or stat-increasing potions...
What do you think of the general idea?

Another thing is mouse cursor interface. I think this is what skill menu really needs. Do you agree?

Should I try to message Thetis about this?
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

That's really fcuking awesome achievement, that's indeed what's was WoC interface lack and undoubtedly you should send PM to Thetis about your work!

Grats! :thumb:

Oh, are you had noticed during your work a some way to get Yellow Flask by mixing?
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Nice to see someone is try to fix the mod, the new crafting system looks cool, good work. Hope I can finally try this mod with latest GZDooM release/dev. builds. :D
sirleviatan

Post by sirleviatan »

I do not know if you'll read this one day, but I want you to know that Wrath Of Chronos is one of the best mods ever made for doom, heretic, and hexen, completely redefining the genre in the way I had always imagined it, I'm sure Jhon R and C would be proud of your work, for me it has been an inspiration and a reason for worship, my own mod is an Add for yours, I hope you know that not so few have gone unnoticed so monumental work of art and that time was responsible for giving recognition that Deserves, thanks forever.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”