Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.8A

Post by irontusk341 »

treos wrote:looks like this mod and the various patches need to be reuploaded (please somewhere with download links capable of pausing/resuming. moddb and dropbox don't have that feature so if a download fails on either of those sites then you have to start the entire download again which is stupid.) somewhere as all the links are dead and/or random redirect links now.
i have the version 2.0 of WOC... i might be able to edit some things in it like item drops, max skill level but other than that.. its mostly headscratching from there.
SomeDude

Post by SomeDude »

This might or might be not the best place to ask this kind of question, but since It's related to this mod, I'll give it a shot. If a moderator considers that this question doesn't belong here, my apologies and feel free to remove this post.
The question is, how can I play this mod with friends? I want to play the Heretic campaign with Wrath of Cronos 2 with some friends, but I'm curious, how can I do something like that? I've seen videos of pleople playing in servers on custom maps with WoC and I'm clueless.

Thanks in advance.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

SomeDude wrote:This might or might be not the best place to ask this kind of question, but since It's related to this mod, I'll give it a shot. If a moderator considers that this question doesn't belong here, my apologies and feel free to remove this post.
The question is, how can I play this mod with friends? I want to play the Heretic campaign with Wrath of Cronos 2 with some friends, but I'm curious, how can I do something like that? I've seen videos of pleople playing in servers on custom maps with WoC and I'm clueless.

Thanks in advance.
Play the Zandronum version of this MOD.
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Last time I try, all versions of WoC I can found on Internet cannot be run at latest GZDooM, always Fatal Error, sadly.

Unless the author even coming here again(his last post was 2 years ago), or considering this mod is dead. :\

(Maybe ZDooM32 2.8.2 can run but I don't know)
SomeDude

Post by SomeDude »

Valherran wrote:Play the Zandronum version of this MOD.
Thanks for replying Valherran. By Zandronum version you mean that I just have to play it with Zandronum or there is an specific version to play multiplayer with Zandronum?
PlayerLin wrote:Last time I try, all versions of WoC I can found on Internet cannot be run at latest GZDooM, always Fatal Error, sadly.
Unless the author even coming here again(his last post was 2 years ago), or considering this mod is dead. :\
I use GZDoom 2.2 for this mod and it works perfectly fine, if that helps. And yeah, let's hope he comes back any time, it's a real shame that he stopped posting.
RyojinOrion

Post by RyojinOrion »

PlayerLin wrote:Last time I try, all versions of WoC I can found on Internet cannot be run at latest GZDooM, always Fatal Error, sadly.

I got it running using download links somewhere in this thread and GZDoom 3.2.0. Had to follow a specific load order, though. The load order in my shortcut is as follows:

wrathofcronosnothexenpatch.pk3 wrathofcronosr2.pk3 wrathofcronosdoompatch2.pk3 wrathofcronosdoomrandom2.pk3 wrathofcronosr2_extramonsv10a.pk3

If I took any of those .pk3s out or changed the order, the mod would fail to load for some reason. Didn't seem to have a problem adding in more after that, like level and music packs.
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

RyojinOrion wrote: I got it running using download links somewhere in this thread and GZDoom 3.2.0. Had to follow a specific load order, though. The load order in my shortcut is as follows:

wrathofcronosnothexenpatch.pk3 wrathofcronosr2.pk3 wrathofcronosdoompatch2.pk3 wrathofcronosdoomrandom2.pk3 wrathofcronosr2_extramonsv10a.pk3

If I took any of those .pk3s out or changed the order, the mod would fail to load for some reason. Didn't seem to have a problem adding in more after that, like level and music packs.

I only the load the main pk3 with Hexen IWAD as other patch pk3s should not needed unless you want play at Heretic/DooM/Strife, but still, fatal error out, but if this works then whatever, since it still not normal as I see your load order loads not-Hexen patch, main file, DooM patch, Random monsters for DooM then Extra monsters patch.
RyojinOrion

Post by RyojinOrion »

PlayerLin wrote:
RyojinOrion wrote: I got it running using download links somewhere in this thread and GZDoom 3.2.0. Had to follow a specific load order, though. The load order in my shortcut is as follows:

I only the load the main pk3 with Hexen IWAD as other patch pk3s should not needed unless you want play at Heretic/DooM/Strife, but still, fatal error out, but if this works then whatever, since it still not normal as I see your load order loads not-Hexen patch, main file, DooM patch, Random monsters for DooM then Extra monsters patch.
Oh yeah, I was playing it with Doom instead of Hexen. <.<
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

Since he hasnt posted in 2 years, its possible someone could take up his mantle and try to make it compatible with 3.2 for heretic and hexen. Im not sure how to do this myself, im just now getting my feet wet learning how to use slade 3. I did however try to get WOC to run with Brutal Heretic's graphics, it kind of worked however you kept getting some odd messages on the top of the screen.

like: p_startscript: unknown script "mstartstuff"
and: p_startscript: unknown script "getsfxcvar"
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Thanks for replying Valherran. By Zandronum version you mean that I just have to play it with Zandronum or there is an specific version to play multiplayer with Zandronum?
The Zandronum version was made with multiplayer in mind, GZDoom version is for single player.
SomeDude

Post by SomeDude »

Oh, I see. Thank you Valherran. Is there a way where I can get the 2.0 Zandronum version of this mod? I've been searching for it with no luck.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

SomeDude wrote:Oh, I see. Thank you Valherran. Is there a way where I can get the 2.0 Zandronum version of this mod? I've been searching for it with no luck.
I went over there to have a look and this MOD has been paused in development since before Zandronum 2.0 came out, and the author (Thetis) hasn't been seen for ages. I don't know if Zandronum offers the older versions for DL (or even supports them online), but sadly there is no version of the MOD that has been patched to support Zandronum 2.0. That's how long he's been gone.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

treos wrote:looks like this mod and the various patches need to be reuploaded (please somewhere with download links capable of pausing/resuming. moddb and dropbox don't have that feature so if a download fails on either of those sites then you have to start the entire download again which is stupid.) somewhere as all the links are dead and/or random redirect links now.
john190 wrote:I cant download it.
{...}
I have no words...
Void Weaver wrote:As far as I know, this source is completely dead at all. Just try to download one of ready-made packs or a mod files separately from previous pages.
Void Weaver wrote:Also I made unpack-and-play WoC packs based on GZDoom 2.2 x86. GZDoom 2.2 x64 and GZDoom 2.2 for Mac is also included, just open README.txt inside of it.
Download Wrath of Cronos RPG v2.0 Legal pack - pack without IWADS and with Heretic custom high-res textures.
Download Wrath of Cronos RPG v2.0 Minimal pack - pack without IWADS and Heretic custom high-res textures.
irontusk341 wrote:Is there no final version of WOC? Anyway to get it working on Gzdoom 3.2?
And NO, WoC_2.0 doesn't work correctly with GZDoom versions newer than 2.2 unless if you will use fixed WoC version by vidumec or another compatibility fix made by someone else. I suspect what Thetis (or somebody) has continue working on mod.
SomeDude wrote:Is there a way where I can get the 2.0 Zandronum version of this mod? I've been searching for it with no luck.
I dunno wich are exactly version is zandro 2.0 compatible, but you can try to find WoC older vesions here:
https://www.wad-archive.com/search?q=wrathofcronos*
requires registration for download, but seems like that is a last place with the WoC files older than 1.8a.

Hey, Thetis! Check your private messages please.
SomeDude

Post by SomeDude »

Probably a bit late to the party, but it seems that Wrath of Cronos has been updated recently!
https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... thofcronos
Now it's beta 2 and it seems that only works with Zandronum.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

SomeDude wrote:Probably a bit late to the party, but it seems that Wrath of Cronos has been updated recently!
https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... thofcronos
Now it's beta 2 and it seems that only works with Zandronum.
Since August judging by the upload dates... I wish he came by to tell us about this site, I would have tested everything for him.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”