Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
q3cpma

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Post by q3cpma »

Are the on screen message still cut off unless you run it in 16:9?
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

q3cpma wrote:Are the on screen message still cut off unless you run it in 16:9?
Tested in 4:3.. Yes it still cuts off.. there are other aspect settings you can try but 16:9 is the most common.
Buffomet

Post by Buffomet »

I am making an addon for this mod and i want to modify RPGSCRIP.acs, but when i try to compile it, my compiler spews out this. Am i doing something wrong?
Spoiler:
P.S. I am using ACC 1.57.
monkeybtm6

Post by monkeybtm6 »

Buffomet wrote:I am making an addon for this mod and i want to modify RPGSCRIP.acs, but when i try to compile it, my compiler spews out this. Am i doing something wrong?
Spoiler:
P.S. I am using ACC 1.57.
i think this mods ACS scripts are compiled using the GDCC compiler
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

I just finished the Assassin on Hexen, Doom 2, Heretic, and Deathkings.

This class unfortunately needs some work done. The only viable build she has is an agility stat build with the Whisperknife path.

Her melee game is awful at the start and only gets a little better by endgame. Some of the damage perks from Executioner or skills require you to be stealthed and stealth is either bugged or borked because even at level 10 it only last 2 seconds and all of your attacks alert the area. And because she is made of paper, using melee against melee enemies is a hardship due to being forced to play as a Fighter as an Assassin when going for that spec.

Her magic game is under powered compared to her best build because the Assassin eats way too much magic points early on to be of any use. The only way to play this build comfortably is to start with an Ankh, otherwise it is a painful struggle all the way through the first half of the game due to the low amount of damage the skills deal.
Czudak

Post by Czudak »

Valherran wrote:I just finished the Assassin on Hexen, Doom 2, Heretic, and Deathkings.

This class unfortunately needs some work done. The only viable build she has is an agility stat build with the Whisperknife path.

Her melee game is awful at the start and only gets a little better by endgame. Some of the damage perks from Executioner or skills require you to be stealthed and stealth is either bugged or borked because even at level 10 it only last 2 seconds and all of your attacks alert the area. And because she is made of paper, using melee against melee enemies is a hardship due to being forced to play as a Fighter as an Assassin when going for that spec.

Her magic game is under powered compared to her best build because the Assassin eats way too much magic points early on to be of any use. The only way to play this build comfortably is to start with an Ankh, otherwise it is a painful struggle all the way through the first half of the game due to the low amount of damage the skills deal.
The Assassin needs some extra polish. But only that.

- Shadow Walk: emerging from it indeed alerts the enemies in the vicinity, even if you would just swing the dagger once. That would be OK with her projectile weapons, but for melee attack it shouldn't be instantaneous as it translates into problematic application. I sometimes experienced problems with Deft Strike because of this issue as the alerted monster usually turns around to face the heroine.
- Impaler Crossbow: either allow her to shoot it after she runs out of Blue Mana, by shooting weaker quarrels (or even blunt ended sticks) AND/OR reduce the Blue Mana cost for its primary attack to 1 (and, maybe, shot only two quarrels at once) AND/OR reduce the Blue Mana cost for its secondary attack.
- Make Acidmaw something else than just piercing poison/acid attack. Maybe not piercing but poison/acid damage stacking against enemies that were already treated with it.
- I never experienced the stun effect with the Kick even though it's written in its description that it does.

The rest works dandy and I tested all three "paths", and it was fun. Hexen and Hexen: Deathkings on GZDoom v4.2.4a 64 bit. Also, while we have damage "types", are we going to get enemies immune (or resistant in xx%) to certain types (Windigos against cold [even magical], Affrits against fire [even magical], Stalkers against poison/acid [even magical], and so on]? If not, then could you implement such a change, please? Finally, maybe implementation of a mean to quickly shatter frozen solid enemies, please?

This mod is awesome. With additional work I'm sure it will become the "ultimate" for Hexen... if it's not already (for others, because it is for me). Keep up the great work!
Czudak

Post by Czudak »

Also, before I forget, four general suggestions.

- Strength reducing the knockback effect of damage.
- Agility reduces falling damage (but can't prevent from falling to death with chasms deep enough).
- Constitution reduces poison/acid lingering damage.
- Intelligence increasing duration for items.

It would be wise to add some sort of cap to those secondary benefits (maybe max. 50% for three first and 25% for the fourth) and/or make them dependent on the Strength/Constitution of the enemy for knockback and poison/acid lingering damage by comparing these respective attributes and then reducing the damage by the difference in percentage (the cap could still apply).
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

How do we perform Hunter's quick stabs? I coulndn't manage to do it willingly by trying the previous suggestions on this forum thread.
SallazarSpellcaster

Post by SallazarSpellcaster »

anjinsanroland wrote:How do we perform Hunter's quick stabs? I coulndn't manage to do it willingly by trying the previous suggestions on this forum thread.
You need to learn the combo. It goes like one-two (clicks of the mouse,) then wait for about one second or so while the blade is down, then click rapidly.

You have to try it on your own to get the hang of it, but after a little it's actually pretty easy to perform, just pay attention to the swinging animations, and their timing, and you'll perfect it soon enough!
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

SallazarSpellcaster wrote:
anjinsanroland wrote:How do we perform Hunter's quick stabs? I coulndn't manage to do it willingly by trying the previous suggestions on this forum thread.
You need to learn the combo. It goes like one-two (clicks of the mouse,) then wait for about one second or so while the blade is down, then click rapidly.

You have to try it on your own to get the hang of it, but after a little it's actually pretty easy to perform, just pay attention to the swinging animations, and their timing, and you'll perfect it soon enough!
Thank you. I am beginning to get a hold of it.
If you have any more suggestions for Hunter's melee tactics, I will be very happy to hear them.
SirFuzzi

Post by SirFuzzi »

Hey-- two things, first off this mod is absolutely smashing and I love it. Hexen was a staple of my yesteryears and the level of honour done to it by this fantastic mod is something I never thought I'd see in my life. Secondly, I'd just like to apologize in advance if this issue has been addressed before, I just haven't been able to find any answers to the question in my searches. Which may not have been thorough enough, I don't particularly know at this rate.

I seem to run into this small console error where the game is coughing up a slew of data when I have floating bars enabled. A short-term fix is to disable them indeed, but I do like the functionality of having them, giving me an impression of what the damage numbers are actually representing.

Curiously, this occurs exclusively in multiplayer so far, while singleplayer offers no real errors of any kind. A friend and I are trying to play co-op, using GZDoom and ZDL to facilitate this with the mod. To be clear, just about everything else is working fine except for this text garble from the console. Disabling floating bars is fine and disabling messages also works but we like the ability to chat in-game to prevent us from needing to alt-tab to do so, and voice chatting isn't much an option in my current arrangement.

Again, I apologize if this issue's been resolved and would ask kindly to be pointed to the solution.
And pardon the mace, I was determined to get screenshots while also testing something else for a friend so I was trying to get mulched by enemies.
(I couldn't figure out the imgur tab so I just spoilered the links, is that okay? I am bad at this. Ouch.)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

I don't get the appeal of Mage's Iceborn Path over the other two paths.
I am open to recommendations from people who enjoy that path.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

anjinsanroland wrote:I don't get the appeal of Mage's Iceborn Path over the other two paths.
I am open to recommendations from people who enjoy that path.
One of the downsides i found using ice based damage, was the fact that monsters freeze in place after you shoot them (sure you can edit this in Script) and Yea thats a nice graphic but completely annoying when you cannot fire ice projectiles through frozen sprites, until they shatter...
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Does telekinesis break them? Otherwise a single point in Spark works wonders for that or just whipping your wand out. Speaking of Spark though the truly broken path is Archon just because of the energy shield and mana charge abilities. If you pump Wisdom you become pretty much invincible and can just ruin everything with your main arsenal, the trouble is surviving the early game since one mistake can kill you.
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

Also thunderstorm just kills all ambushes and whatnot.
A high level archon is boringly easy.
A high level pyro's fireblasts are also quite godly.
I am looking for a bit challenge but not frustration. If iceborn is enjoyable throughout a long game despite its downsides then I may try it.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”