Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Thetis

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG Mod 1.5A Updated (Hotfix)!

Post by Thetis »

I might make an addon that adds new monsters for Heretic and Doom.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

For some reason, I found that the necromancer's chaos spell doesn't cause barons, cyberdemons, and spider masterminds to be turned on by those of their own species...even though it does cause all the other enemies to target them, and the masterminds can potentially do that already. However, Arachnotrons not being able to shoot one of their own kind afflicted with the spell means that they'll be shooting forever. I'll admit that the spell works wonders on those stupid pain elementals.

Edit: The arachnotron thing I mentioned earlier? Mancubi will keep on shooting the chaos-inflicted one of their kind without killing him.
tyketto

Post by tyketto »

As a dangerously obsessed fan of this mod, I thought it would be fitting to create a comprehensive guide for Wrath of Cronos.

Here is the link to the site I made: http://wrathofcronos.wordpress.com/

So far, all I have up is some basic About info, and a breakdown of the Stat Menu and Alchemy system.

My first major update will be a detailed overview of The Fighter. I'll include info on his Skill tree, new weapons, etc. I'll include screenshots and pictures to make it eye-pleasin'. I'll make an announcement when that page is ready for eyeballs.

I'll add some pictures to the Alchemy section to make it look perdy, as well.

Take a look! Bestow feedback upon me!
Thetis

Post by Thetis »

Its because of the fact that the monsters are the same species, if they are the same species, they won't injure each other with their projectiles. Melee attacks will still do damage however.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

That didn't stop weaker enemies like imps and demons from hitting each other.

That aside, while I'm aware blight no longer stacks, it can be used to soften up stronger monsters (revenants, barons, and especially archies come to mind.)
Thetis

Post by Thetis »

Blight actually does alot of damage for how much magick it uses if it runs its time which makes it better on stronger monsters.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

To be quite honest, I definitely would use it on the monsters I find the most annoying (*cough* revenants and archviles *cough*), and the two boss monsters may take multiple castings of it to get them damaged.

And speaking of chaos, the barons aren't affected by the aggression aura (which ticks away at the health of the afflicted's fellow monsters) of the chaos curse, even if the afflicted nearby are of another species.

Edit: Funny enough, the chaos curse can tick away the health of the monsters surrounding the afflicted enough to kill them, as I found out through a bit of testing. (Must be sudden heart attack from excess unspent rage.)
Thetis

Post by Thetis »

Well Chaos causes the monster to emit a 1 damage explosion near them which causes the infighting.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

I see now. Then again, I just found out that the chaos spell's explosion doesn't work with luring enemies into attacking the target if the target's standing in liquids.
Thetis

Post by Thetis »

Noted.
Thetis

Post by Thetis »

I reuploaded 1.5A's main file to fix some bugs with the health display on summoned minions and the alchemy table and a few bugs that I missed that people reported. So go ahead and get the main file... again.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

One last thing: I found that physical attacks don't push the voodoo dolls, making solving puzzles involving them completely impossible. (such as the one in Map35 of Whispers of Satan.)

Edit: I do also have one potential idea of a rare random powerup: a time freeze inventory item. Lemme tell you, it'll especially help out in those particularly-hectic situations in those maps where you're surrounded from all sides...or if you're a necromancer with a maxed-out chaos curse, set up a particularly large horde of enemies (especially if cyberdemons are mixed in, since the curse doesn't get Archviles targeted for some reason) for thinning themselves out.
Thetis

Post by Thetis »

I never knew that some puzzles require voodoo dolls to be pushed. I'll see if I can find a way to make it so they can be moved.

Also, for a time freeze powerup, I might make it so that they drop very very rarely from certain monsters.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

And I definitely wouldn't mind the chaos curse actually causing Archviles to be targeted by other monsters as well (not by other archviles). Given how quickly they can be ungodly annoying, that's a major plus.

One last thing, is it possible to have an option that doesn't have the "choose stat/skill to level up" messages getting in the way of the screen?
Thetis

Post by Thetis »

Archviles are tagged with the NOTARGET flag which prevents them to be attacked by other monsters. I intend to keep that flag.

I don't find those messages to be that obstructive. If you have any other alternatives I'm open to suggestions.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”