Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Void Weaver

Wrath of Cronos RPG 2.0

Post by Void Weaver »

tyketto wrote:Something with the label "extramonsv10a" (Not sure where or how it is used) - http://allfearthesentinel.net/download? ... nsv10a.pk3
wrathofcronosr2_extramonsv10a.pk3 - that's new WoC Doom Extra Monsters Patch (Load after Doom Randomized Monsters Patch). Fcuking awesome and challenging bestiary. Really. Especially new Liches, Cultist Zealot, Flesh Wizard, Dark Imp and other bosses.
tyketto wrote:Looks like Thetis updated Wrath of Cronos to version 2.0, according to some recent uploads of his on allfearthesentinel.net. Not sure what's new in this version
Void Weaver wrote:Dudes, is the any news about changelog of 2.0 version?
Since Thetis doesn't show any activity on the forums I think that some changes description may be a helpful for somebody:
Spoiler: Unofficial changelog for WoC 2.0
Also I gathered some interesting info about mod and that's may be helpful for somebody. Probably for filling out wiki articles forex.
Spoiler: WoC HEXEN BESTIARY
Spoiler: GHOSTLY MECHANICS
Spoiler: ARMORS
Spoiler: POTIONS
Spoiler: FLASKS AND ALCHEMY
Spoiler: ACCESSORIES
Spoiler: SKILLS
Spoiler: STATS and WEAPONS
_Wrath of Cronos RPG Guide.txt
All in one .txt, final version.
(22.78 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
_WoC Doom Bestiary.txt
That bestiary comes from "wrathofcronosdoomrandom2.pk3" for Doom games.
(4.92 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
_WoC Doom Bestiary Expanded.txt
That bestiary comes from "wrathofcronosr2_extramonsv10a.pk3" for Doom games.
(4.03 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
Last edited by Void Weaver on Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 14 times in total.
vidumec

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.8A

Post by vidumec »

Gadosen wrote: Use GZDoom 2.2 or lower
why, i mean, i just posted a version that works on latest gzdoom versions...
Hetdegon
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hetdegon »

vidumec wrote:the mod does work on latest gzdoom versions, the 629 errors are of the same type and easy to fix with SLADE, granted i first misinterpreted the parameter that was causing the errors and replaced it with something else but it ended up working just fine
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2IErg ... 54S1U/view here are the fixed files for doom, meaning no heretic or masters of chaos patches
This is the latest version? If so, thanks a lot.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

The fixed version you put out lacks some patches like the Heretic patch.

EDIT: I'm a bloody idiot for not reading properly lol... Can't delete this anymore.
Last edited by Someone64 on Sat May 20, 2017 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Void Weaver

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG 2.0

Post by Void Weaver »

Valherran wrote:
Combine_Kegan wrote:Hey, as someone who's played this mod a few times, I have a few questions, like what weapons are classified as "ranged" and which are classifed as "magic"

cus I mean really all of the weapons are magic, and almost all are ranged... Is there a README or something around here?
The "ranged" weapons are just for the Ranger, everyone else is intellect based even if the weapon is ranged. So if you are looking to buff your weapon damage, Intellect is the way to go, even for the Warrior. Friendly tip, don't stack points in strength, it's nearly useless.
I tested this and can subscribe to your words, Valherran. So I did add a new section "STATS and WEAPONS" (with some hints), and "FLASKS AND ALCHEMY" is a bit updated (info about reagents). Also .txt file has been reuploaded.
Now I planned to complete testing of remaining skills for "SKILLS" section and finish guide at day or two. Any suggestions or critics about guide are welcomed.

EDIT
I will be appreciate if somebody confirms or disprove that Hunter's Ele-Arrows skills scales with AGI or not.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

I will be appreciate if somebody confirms or disprove that Hunter's Ele-Arrows skills scales with AGI or not.
I don't think they do, but if they do it's barely noticeable. I don't use those skills anyways because they under-perform when compared to building along the meta.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Kudos for the guide. On the subject of enemies dying when sent flying with hook shot, doesn't this only apply when you're playing Hexen or unless the mapinfo has enabled falling damage for monsters?
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Valherran wrote:
I don't think they do, but if they do it's barely noticeable. I don't use those skills anyways because they under-perform when compared to building along the meta.
Well, then I leave it in guide as is, at least at the moment.
What about usefulness of those skills I can agree with you only partical. IA is a realy crappy skill (moderate magic consumption, low crowd control power due lack splash and moderate damage, mid-accessible), but meanwhile LA is fair bluemana-based alternative for a 3rd weapon rail-piercing alt-fire and only one major cons - this is a very late skill; and moreover FA is cheapest, earliest and very effective amplify for your Bow, which can converts it into small rocket\grenade launcher, especial after 4th and 7th slvl.

2 4thcharacter:
In my case that trick doesn't work in wads other like than Hexen. Maybe area of this feature (or a bug?) touches only Hexen, but I can to assume that due uhm... "low skybox" letэ's say so. I mean in Hexen the "sky", AFAIK is very long, probably like as a famous Hexen rifts and abysses and that deals falling damage from edge of "sky" in Hexen so lethal; at the same time Doom and Heretic don't have so deep edge points so falling height is vey limited and can't deal lethal damage anyway. I think for final word about that feature need some testing in custom wads on the maps with incredible abysses (like map05 "Precarious" of doom Sunder.wad) or analize code.

Also i found that "wrathofcronosdoomrandom" pack adds a 3 new class-bosses aside from Hexen trinity, more over I don't surprise if I faced with a few new from "wrathofcronosr2_extramonsv" pack. Probably I will to compile a bonus bestiary guide later.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

WoC guide is finished, completed "SKILLS" section, also other sections updated more or less, as like in-post sections and .txt file.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

Have you considered using [wiki]lump filtering[/wiki] to roll up all the cross-IWAD compatibility stuff into WoC itself?

Oh, and:
Void Weaver wrote:I stucked in WoC_Strife (1.7b) due Oracle's invulnerability from regular damage AND absence of Sigil weapon in WoC_Strife. How it can be solved or that is a fatal bug for Strife playthrough?
This is easily fixed. If you want the Alien Spectres & Alien Entity to be damaged by any weapon, make sure its replacement has -SPECTRAL. If you only want specific weapons to damage Spectres, make sure the puffs/projectiles emitted by said weapons have +SPECTRAL on them.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

In "INSTALLATION" section note about compatibility holy fix by vidumec was added.
amv2k9 wrote:
Void Weaver wrote:I stucked in WoC_Strife (1.7b) due Oracle's invulnerability from regular damage AND absence of Sigil weapon in WoC_Strife. How it can be solved or that is a fatal bug for Strife playthrough?
This is easily fixed. If you want the Alien Spectres & Alien Entity to be damaged by any weapon, make sure its replacement has -SPECTRAL. If you only want specific weapons to damage Spectres, make sure the puffs/projectiles emitted by said weapons have +SPECTRAL on them.
Thank you for advice but actually WoC1.7b_Strife is works perfectly, seems like that was happens because I was use unofficial language patch for Strife. I was watch a tyketto's WoC1.6c_Strife playthrough which show that Oracle's Spectre is vulnerable for WoC weapons, then I checked for WoC1.7b_Strife without any other patches - Oracle dies.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

A major bug was found - in Heretic is no weapons at all.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

WoC2.0 Heretic Weapons Bugfix Patch - patch for Heretic_WoC2.0 by Kenon aka Reiko which fixes a bug which causes is no weapons at all in the Heretic_WoC2.0

Download patch

Patch installation
wrathofcronosr2_hereticweapfix.pk3 - WoC2.0 Heretic Weapons Bugfix Patch (must load after Heretic Patch)

Info about patch was added into the Wrath of Cronos guide too.
0RNGBanana

Post by 0RNGBanana »

Hey y'all. When trying WoC with some Doom map packs, Disjunct in particular (using all the appropriate fixes/compatibility packs of course), it runs just fine... except for the fact that I'm not gaining any EXP from kills.

Anyone know how I can fix this, or if it's just a bug?
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

I tested Disjunction on latest gzdoom 2.2 + WoC 2.0 with next line:
gzdoom -file disjunct.wad gfxpatch.wad wrathofcronosnothexenpatch.pk3 wrathofcronosr2.pk3 wrathofcronosdoompatch2.pk3 wrathofcronosdoomrandom2.pk3 wrathofcronosr2_extramonsv10a.pk3 brightmaps.pk3 lights.pk3
It does work perfect for me at least - 3rd level for 2 min.

Try to place disjunct.wad at the beginning parametres line i. e. before wrathofcronosnothexenpatch.pk3, ofc if you are didn't that yet. Actually, this is also true for other wads\packs, because some of them can overwrite some WoC data. Forex in this thread was solved a similar problem with Heretic MoC weapons.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”