Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Exeor

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V2.2 (Strife version hotfix patched)

Post by Exeor »

Thetis has uploaded the 3.0 version of Wrath of Cronos yesterday, I checked it quickly and could see a new class (assassin) and some monsters from Hell-Forged mod, but I will wait for a patch notes before anything, looks amazing :D

https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... =date_desc
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

that oooh sound from the Assassin makes me giggle just a bit lol
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

Also the head sprite of the assassin feels a bit off for the general style of heretic/hexen or even doom. But I'm really glad we have a new class to play.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Exeor wrote:Also the head sprite of the assassin feels a bit off for the general style of heretic/hexen or even doom. But I'm really glad we have a new class to play.
If only there was a changelog, something to tell us what was changed what was added (besides Assassin)... What improvements or bugfixes done, thanks in advance.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Exeor wrote:Thetis has uploaded the 3.0 version of Wrath of Cronos yesterday, I checked it quickly and could see a new class (assassin) and some monsters from Hell-Forged mod, but I will wait for a patch notes before anything, looks amazing
Yeah, that's really cool news! Cheers! :cheers:
Unfortunately Thetis quite rarely post an informative changelog, so there a some unofficial update log (probably incomplete):
Changelog V3
========================
MAJOR Changes:
* Assassin class added, a stealthy melee and ranged class that can kill enemies quickly and silently.
Classes:
- Fighter
* Vanguard's Temperance stacks should now properly function from taking damage.
- Cleric
* Active Summon Legends are now shown as a powerup icon.
- Mage
* Bloodscourge fires 3 tics slower.
Archon's Greater Arcane Barrier bonus reduced to 15% from 25%, but allies now receive 75% of the barrier, up from 50%.
- Hunter
* Invigoration replaced with Spinning Slash, a machete ability that does area damage around the Hunter.
* Fan of Knives replaced with Wind Slash, a machete ability that sends out a mid ranged slice of cutting air.
* Sprint replaced with Raven Companion, reworked to be a level 1 ability with the ravens only lasting 30 seconds.
* Wolf Companion added, a powerful wolf for Hunters to call.
* Marksman's Focus now takes three seconds to activate, down from 5.
- Necromancer
* Active summons are now shown as a powerup icon.
Hexen:
* Rebalanced many of the random spawns.
Misc:
* 100% Kills XP bonus increased slightly.
* Hardest difficulty setting level multiplier reduced to 10% from 25%.
* Director should now properly work for Hexen.
* Mana pickups and weapons now have a lower limit for flat mana gained.
* Armor can only be damaged from attacks once every second.
Also I'd be appreciated if a somebody check v.3 on compatibility with latest GZDoom.
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

In a small note, I noticed that Thetis fixed that bug where if you played Hexen with WoC, the monsters of the first level never shown the health bar until you went to the next level.
I mean, it was a bit annoying playing winnowing hall without knowing the health of Ettins in previous versions, now it is finally fixed! :D
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Well, it's cool but I personally a more bothered about fixes of major skill bugs like as broken Fighter skills.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Void Weaver wrote:Well, it's cool but I personally a more bothered about fixes of major skill bugs like as broken Fighter skills.
I renamed a late game spider in your honor. :)
Attachments
void.jpg
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Do Network games still crash?
Thetis

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V3 (Assassin Added)

Post by Thetis »

Hi everyone, updated WoC to add an additional class in the assassin. She's stealthy and quick on her feet and can do a lot of sudden damage with proper precision.

Hopefully future GZDoom updates do not cause issues.

Download links are on the first post.
Spoiler: Changelog
I probably forgot a lot of other tweaks in this changelog.

EDIT: Had to quickly reupload the main/lite files to hotfix a glitch.
Carrotear
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Carrotear »

I feel like this is a 'Me' thing, but when on a map with a butt-load of monsters it lags massively.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Do you need Sound files for the Assassin from Diablo 2? i got those.. ;)

or can i just go ahead and add them for the Diablo 3D project.
SallazarSpellcaster

Post by SallazarSpellcaster »

Carrotear wrote:I feel like this is a 'Me' thing, but when on a map with a butt-load of monsters it lags massively.
It's not a 'You' thing; since WoC is very heavy on its scripting while calculating monster levels, attributes, damages, drop chances, in relation to the character him/herself, as well as the various effects going on, it all becomes a lot of information and can get incredibly, unplayably laggy. It's noticeable mostly in slaughtermaps, though, so most wads should be relatively fine, as they rarely go above -as far as I know- 600-700ish monsters for the largest ones I've experienced.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

SallazarSpellcaster wrote:
Carrotear wrote:I feel like this is a 'Me' thing, but when on a map with a butt-load of monsters it lags massively.
It's not a 'You' thing; since WoC is very heavy on its scripting while calculating monster levels, attributes, damages, drop chances, in relation to the character him/herself, as well as the various effects going on, it all becomes a lot of information and can get incredibly, unplayably laggy. It's noticeable mostly in slaughtermaps, though, so most wads should be relatively fine, as they rarely go above -as far as I know- 600-700ish monsters for the largest ones I've experienced.
Some diablo 3D maps have close to 300 monsters and using the massacre command could cause the game to crash but you need WOC to play the project.
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

I've been noticing something strange. I was playing through Hexen as a necromancer (specializing in curses, which works quite well). I put most of my points into intellect, but some in strength and wisdom. Normally, I should be doing decent damage to most enemies, but every so often I'm doing minimal damage. It was especially noticable in Dungeons with the non-stop ettin party. The problem is that I was barely doing any damage to the ettins (normally, the heart weapon would do around 30-40 damage per hit, but in these cases, I kept seeing single digits), even the basic ones, and even with max enfeeble curses. As a result, I kept getting swamped by them because they were spawning in faster than I could kill them, even though I had about 60 or so intellect by that point. It's almost like there are times when intellect isn't being factored in, but the ettins are stronger than what you would find in Winnowing Hall. I'm not sure if it's a savegame issue or if it's only summoned monsters. I couldn't seem to find the actual cause, and I had to use the BUTCHER code numerous times just to survive.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”