Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
hybridial

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG V2.2 (Strife version hotfix patched)

Post by hybridial »

Hey, the mod seems really cool, but I can only really play with a controller comfortably and well, its definitely a struggle to find enough buttons to try and cope with everything the mod has.

I can offer suggestions as to what I think could make it easier for me to play that might be workable, the main one being how the skill slots work. As they are, you basically need 4 free buttons to use the skills, however if it was made so that the skills were set up as a toggle menu, so one button could be used to cycle through them and another to cast them. Perhaps like the inventory system it could be made that you can still toggle whilst the game is paused (that function in Heretic and Hexen helps so much to make them more manageable for me)

I am going to see if I can use antimacro to work out a system that can work for me using its various options, but I thought it would be worth asking if you'd consider some controller support based options.
SallazarSpellcaster

Post by SallazarSpellcaster »

hybridial wrote:Hey, the mod seems really cool, but I can only really play with a controller comfortably and well, its definitely a struggle to find enough buttons to try and cope with everything the mod has.
I play it using a controller as well, my suggestion for you would be using xpadder, or another controller emulator, to set a toggle for the skills, just as you said. It works really well too, personally I have the toggle on the Y button of a 360 controller, and spells on the dpad.

I've found that the native controller support on zdoom works best for mods that don't need as many inputs, but for ones such as Wrath of Cronos, or Guncaster, an emulator works better.
hybridial

Post by hybridial »

Thanks for the input, I did manage to get Guncaster working for me reasonably well with just the in game functions, so WoC probably would be possible using a mix of GZdoom and keyboard emulation, when I have the willingness to really work it out I will do so.
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Possible bug: Is seems to be the case that sometimes, a Frost Stalker/Ice Stalker appears that has the Normal Swamp Stalker move set.
I noticed in Somna Temple District that can happen.
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

Glad to see this amazing mod back from the tomb, the update is awesome but I noticed that doors don't recognize the keys. Am I doing something wrong with the load order?
Wackov

Post by Wackov »

Lol. I thought this project is dead and the author along it. Good to see the author back.

I have an issue: the armor isn't working (with pure Hexen.wad only). You can pick it up, but it doesn't display in the map window (no sprites visible), neither in the stats menu ("Damage reduction" is always zero). Happens both with GZDoom and Zandronum, both in latest Stable and Beta versions, both 32/64 bit variations.

And do you want weapons' sprites edited to fit 16:10 screens? I finished that back then, but forgot about the stuff.

EDIT: Okay, I feel like a dumbass. All armor pieces were sitting in the inventory. It was different in the previous versions, thus confusion. OK, back to the game.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

The Animated Bars are excellent... Just wish there was a way to combine that with the old hud... The old hud was nice, it was organized and well laid out. Including Monster background health bar which had a really nice design to it. Granted the Automap Armor feature is a great feel for hexen. The quality of Life aspect of it makes it not so convenient during fast paced battles.

I did fix the XP issue by changing the old script on the custom monsters on my mod with the new script. Theres a lot of potential... What if there was a way to work the skill assignment menu to work with a mouse or more user friendly interface (asking for other fans of WOC, Personally i dont mind it)

Edit: i scraped the Charsi idea because it just wasnt working. Especially trying to hit the use button to get her attention and activate the shop with her saying "Good Day"
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Thetis wrote:You can see armor, keys, and gold in the armor map, sort of like how Hexen used to do it, though I am gonna include a number indicator on the main hud for current armor total.
Sorry, but that's really sucks. An old panel was a much better in terms of informativeness and the convenience of use, but animated bars looks cool.

A small bugreport:

1. Actual aim of ALL character classes is shifted down from aim. Can be fixed by placing "Player.AttackZOffset 20" into "Actor BasePlayerPawn" in PLAYERS.txt:
2. Actor BaseHunterPlayer : BaswPlayerPawn //Apparently typo in BasePawn.txt
3. Timon Axe thrown at tinny range, if this intentional then it sucks. Can assume that you misplace Stop with Loop into Spawn state of "ACTOR ThrownAxe".
In case if you want to reduce flying distance of this projectile:

Code: Select all

ACTOR ThrownAxe
{
    States
    {
    Spawn:
		THAX ABC 2 Bright A_FadeOut(0.075) //0.1 value is too fast fading
		THAX D 0 Bright A_PlaySound("FighterHammerContinuous")
		THAX DEFG 2 Bright A_FadeOut(0.075)
		THAX H 0 Bright A_PlaySound("FighterHammerContinuous")
		THAX H 2 Bright A_FadeOut(0.075)
		Loop
		//Stop
}
}
OR you should use FTF_CLAMP flag into A_FadeOut for limitless flying distance.
4. With 5:4 resolution text field completely lays out of borders of shared hpbar indicator; also text field of other resolutions goes a bit down onto lower border of shared hpbar:
Image Image

Btw, should be nice if you rewrite WoC stats\skills menu navigation so it will allow to return back into "root directory" like as your shopping menu navigation. At now time it allow only completely close menu with returning to game, i. e. you can't go from "stats" to main menu, but only close it.
Last edited by Void Weaver on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Fighter Path is bugged...
Attachments
sss.jpg
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Confirmed in GZDoom 3.7.1 x64.
Vanguard path - Temperance is broken
Destroyer path - seems that Relentless have no effect

The "give all" cheat sticks a some "Pottery3" object into shared hpbar:
That's very annoying for testing and debugging.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Void Weaver wrote:Confirmed in GZDoom 3.7.1 x64.
Vanguard path - Temperance is broken
Destroyer path - seems that Relentless have no effect

The "give all" cheat sticks a some "Pottery3" object into shared hpbar:
https://postimg.cc/FYX8Q0Pz
That's very annoying for testing and debugging.
Also the bug when you die and have a 1/5 chance to respawn as a fighter of playing on different classes is back with gzdoom version 3.7..... Cant figure out how to get rid of the bug...
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

Wrath of Cronos 2.2 is crashing with the following errors.
*** ERROR: Network ID limit reached (>=32767 actors)!
This is causing server side hangs with Wrath of Cronos 2.2 in network games.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

zombie_ryushu wrote:Wrath of Cronos 2.2 is crashing with the following errors.
*** ERROR: Network ID limit reached (>=32767 actors)!
This is causing server side hangs with Wrath of Cronos 2.2 in network games.
What version of Gzdoom you running??
lwks

Post by lwks »

It happened guys! The prophecy was true, he came back after years of pilgrimage! :o
Also would be nice having a reference to the last stable version of GZDoom on the OP
LOLANONIMUS

Post by LOLANONIMUS »

How did you invokar a pet in the port of gzdoom android?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”