Commando Doom [Last Update] Last Page

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [WIP][UPDATE] Here's a mod I made

Post by Captain J »

Super and Superb video!! Those weapons looks very nice in gameplay. Although some sound effects might need some improvements/replacements, but looks not bad!
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

Those are some real nice weapons you've made :). Because I didn't animate the sprites I made myself, I noticed some of the shotgun reloading sprites looked a little bit off scale, so I adjusted them accordingly and they should look a little better:
Fixed-shotgun.png
Fixed-shotgun.png (11.65 KiB) Viewed 1301 times
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

First time I've seen the Blood 2 Napalm Cannon in a mod, nice job.
DukeWooze

Post by DukeWooze »

Yup Neccronixis did a really good job on the sprites.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

As for a Napalm Cannon rapid shot, I think it would be a good idea, since it would be teh Napalm Cannon firing as a flamethrower.

As for burn death sprites, I've always been partial to the Rise Of The Triad ones, but the classic Blood-style running on fire one is good too.

EDIT: Heheheh, all we need next is the Tesla Cannon.
DukeWooze

Post by DukeWooze »

Sorry guys I was a little busy with some other things that forced me to put the mod on hold for a week. But, that's all done now so I'm back working on it full swing. I Also had to re animate all the weapons because the file was getting a little large. I was not using the texture lump like I usually do but I was worried the file would get to large.

I'm pleased to say that most of the weapons are pretty much done now. All I have left is the pistol, chainsaw, replacements and to add the TNT weapon. Oh and of course come up with a neat BFG replacement. After these things are done I will release the first version. After I get some feedback I will start adding enemies to the mod. Which will be from Realms 667 roaster unless anyone has any other ideas. Don't worry though I won't just straight port them I will rework and balance them first. ;)

Anyways here is what I finished so far. Enjoy.

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Nice to see the progress coming from you. And nice ingram firing sound effect! It's so powerful.
DukeWooze

Re: Commando Doom [Public Test] [WIP]

Post by DukeWooze »

There is a public test you can download on the first page.

Yeah I watched youtube video about it. The guy was ranting about sound effects (which I agree with him 100%) and he used Dice as an example of good sound effects. But basically want you do is take the original sound effect then add bass to the beginning of the sound and fade the end out a bit. All Dice's weapons in the Battlefield series have those properties. Bass in the beginning then the body then the fading tail. And crap I wish I remembered what video it was too. The guy makes a sound effect and shows how much better it is. But what you NEVER do is just jack up the gain it makes the sound effect terrible.
DukeWooze

Re: Commando Doom [Public Test 2] [WIP]

Post by DukeWooze »

Oh my goodness a double post! I just though I'd let people know that I uploaded another version of the mod to test. I apologize for the double post.
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

sorry for the nitpick, but i think doomguy should shake the aerosol can instead of throwing it away. good job btw.
Juste_ssgunner

Post by Juste_ssgunner »

:D oh yeah I've been waiting for this wad for a long time thanks :)
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

i can help you with the weapons sprites if you want let me know somehow reach me..
DukeWooze

Post by DukeWooze »

Just in case you missed it. I sent a private message to you. And yes I have a couple of weapons you could sprite for me if you're willing. Thanks!
DukeWooze

Re: Commando Doom [New Version last post]

Post by DukeWooze »

Alright so I was working on this for a bit so I guess it's time for another update.

So I decided to remove a couple of weapons and add a couple of new ones. I don't know how people are going to react but I think the mod plays much better from the new changes.

First off. I removed the duel sawed offs. You only can use the single now. I did this because I quite frankly didn't like the duel sawed off's. I just didn't like how I made the animation and I couldn't get them balanced properly so I nixed them.

Second. I replaced the tesla rifle with Zirron The Insect's Duke Nukem gun to pull the mod just a little away from the blood aesthetic. There is a mod that GAA1992 is doing that more closely achieves Blood's aesthetic so I'll leave that to him.

Third. I added an anti-take style rifle to replace the napalm launcher, using a sprite GAA1992 made in the resource section. ( I hope you don't mind if you do let me know.) Some were saying that there should be a long range weapon in the game and I think this fits the bill pretty good and it makes it different from the standard rocket launcher. If that doesn't suffice I made the LMG more accurate to fill that long rage roll better too.

Some weapons were rebalanced and the mod should be more legitimately challenging now. Mostly reduced damages and changed the spread for some weapons.

I'm not sure if I had the new menu or the hud in the older version but now they are in. So, you get a new hud and main menu. Some new sound effects here and there. And of course the bfg replacement. I'll let you see that one for yourself.

So I think the weapon roster is pretty much done all that's left is new enemies. I might make two versions of the mod one with new enemies and one without. I know some people hate the whole 667 mash up thing.

Anyways here you go. Let me know if there are any bugs.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/c8umusscq ... x.wad/file

The file on the first page should be updated too. If you have any troubles let me know.

Oh yeah one more thing. I know I said the weapon roster is done. I don't mean that I'm finished working on the guns, they might still need to be rebalanced and that so let me know if a weapon is too strong\weak\boring whatever.
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

i still wish it had a pump shotgun/auto shotgun (probably a winchester 1897 trenchgun or a browning auto-7) to fill the ssg's role as the original shotgun's powerful cousin. but hey, not all dreams come true. gave it a test with fortunate son in the background, and i really liked the new weapons, and had fun noscoping the hell out of the icon of sin with the anti tank rifle. also, the hud is messed up on my end, but it's probably the resolution. other than that, good job, man.
Attachments
Screenshot_Doom_20180702_200041.png

Return to “Gameplay Mods”