Commando Doom [Last Update] Last Page

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
rsl

Re: [WIP] Here's a mod I made

Post by rsl »

niculinux wrote: as for the adventures of salvo jettison (rsl) and nightmere squad (wilweasel) I remembre I was unhappy with both because it were very overpowered :( (esplecially salvo jettison)
Hmm... Strangely enough, the mod went through several revisions to account for the (great!) balancing and tweaking requests made by several community members. You could have given your own... :wink:

Anyway, to each his/her own favourite. Nothing can be fully satisfactory to everybody... :roll: :)
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

This mod is fantastic! I played this with a couple of maps and it was a blast. I'm looking forward to your next release. :D
niculinux

Post by niculinux »

I think an an uzi like the followng would be nice:

taken from a certain: Brutal Doom new weapon skins

You won't be able to see uzi in the clip, but I got a couple of screenshots:
Spoiler:
very nice :P

EDIT: ok gotta stop with the uzi thing that was last...don't wanna be annoyng :oops:
DukeWooze

Post by DukeWooze »

rsl wrote:
DukeWooze wrote:Hah I got a kick out of that. If you don't mind I would like to take a look at that mod you made. :wink:
Go absolutely ahead! :) You're welcome.
I hope you don't mind but I "borrowed" your ideas from the revolver in your mod. Hope you're not mad. :oops:

Niculinux I would like to add that uzi but I don't know if that wad's author will like that. But, if i can find a really good uzi sprite better than the Hacx one I'll replace it.
QuickShotGunman

Re: [WIP][UPDATE] Here's a mod I made

Post by QuickShotGunman »

You don't need to contact the mod maker.
It's from this particular sprite sheet.
Spoiler:
DukeWooze

Post by DukeWooze »

Oh wow thanks and I already see the uzi with the right hands. Awesome! Thanks man!
Damn I kinda want to use that assault rifle.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

QuickShotGunman wrote:You don't need to contact the mod maker.
Apparently we don't have to credit them, either.

For the record, that spritesheet was compiled by Neccronixis (originally posted here), though it's unknown where the base sprite is from. If you want to be really particular about credits, it's worth dropping him a line, though either way his name certainly belongs in the credit sheet somewhere.
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

You could drop that sawblade gun. It doesn't add much function that the plasma rifle doesn't do, and it makes it feel like a Daniel mod

Same for one of the machineguns.

I do like the knife, and the weapon drawing animations!

also lol the 'oh shit' from the fatties. Pitchshifting young voices to sound tougher/evil is a 90's throwback too, especially when they swear at a low pitch because its like theyre pure adulterated evil saying mature language in a mature game, because true hellish evil are a young boy whispering fuck at 2 octaves lower with sound recorder echo effect
DukeWooze

Post by DukeWooze »

leileilol wrote:You could drop that sawblade gun. It doesn't add much function that the plasma rifle doesn't do, and it makes it feel like a Daniel mod

Same for one of the machineguns.

I do like the knife, and the weapon drawing animations!

also lol the 'oh shit' from the fatties. Pitchshifting young voices to sound tougher/evil is a 90's throwback too, especially when they swear at a low pitch because its like theyre pure adulterated evil saying mature language in a mature game, because true hellish evil are a young boy whispering fuck at 2 octaves lower with sound recorder echo effect
Yeah I wanted the fatties voice to be funny. I was playing around in audacity and I couldn't stop laughing. :lol:

Anyways. Yes I would like to get red of that saw launcher, I'm starting to regret putting it in the mod. I will try to find a suitable replacement.

As for the machine guns, I wanted to move away a bit from the Doom convention of weapons, where the player would have a shotgun that would pretty much be the main weapon. Instead, I wanted a machine gun to be more of the main weapon, but more so I want the player to switch weapons as the situation demanded. If more people dislike the Tommy Gun or want it modified in some way then I'll look into it. I will be modifying it back into an uzi anyway, with the graphic one poster suggested, and I will give proper credits to it as well. I'll explore some ideas to replace it entirely if I can think of something cooler. I could replace it with akimbo pistols, might be overpowered though.

Thanks for the feedback!
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

You know i actually am really enjoying this mod, although something feels wrong, like something missing, i cant place my finger on it.

mini review/critique
Spoiler:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

looks nice, but i hope about your wad is you need to put a melee attacks at saw thrower. just like a classic redneck rampage.
and shooting a m60? bullet belt is doesn't move when it fires that's makes no sence.
and most important is, so many ammos.
otherwise, animations are really great, it's deserves medal for this!
DukeWooze

Post by DukeWooze »

Wow a 3.5! I'm actually kinda proud of myself that it got that high. I know some people consider that low but eh I'll roll with it. I'm starting to realize that balancing is pretty stinking difficult but I'll hammer at it until it works.

To dommer1:

I'm going to be honest, I was never really good at making melee weapons but of course this is no excuse and I will try to improve the machete. As for the saw launcher I might remove it. I had an idea of replacing that Tommy gun with an m16 that shoots in a 3 round burst to kind of mimic a shotgun instead of a full blown machine gun, that way there won't be to many machine guns. All I can say about the shotgun is I'll will try to improve it, give it better animations or something. I think the reason it appears weak is because the "kick" animation is too smooth. I will try to make look more like real recoil. Oh yeah AK mags will be replaced, that was the plan all along, and I will re-balance the M60 as well. I will do what you suggested with the tnt and put some kind of aim assist a la Gears of War. The other weapons you mentioned will be rebalanced and reworked. Thanks for the detailed feedback it only makes the mod better. 8-)

Oh yeah prepare to bring your BBQ pit next time, cause we're roasting zombies! :twisted:

Oh and about the m60 bullet animations. To get the bullets to move realistically would be one hell of a daunting task, at least for me, so I might not change that. I just think it looks to cool to remove the left hand and bullet belt. Oh and yes I will be revising the ammo drops too.

Again thanks for the feedback guys!
niculinux

Post by niculinux »

DukeWooze wrote: As for the saw launcher I might remove it. I had an idea of replacing that Tommy gun with an m16 that shoots in a 3 round burst to kind of mimic a shotgun instead of a full blown machine gun, that way there won't be to many machine guns.
I agree, especially on removing that blade thrower 8-)

DukeWooze wrote: Again thanks for the feedback guys!
don't mention it, always welcome :wub:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

DukeWooze wrote:Oh and about the m60 bullet animations. To get the bullets to move realistically would be one hell of a daunting task, at least for me, so I might not change that. I just think it looks to cool to remove the left hand and bullet belt. Oh and yes I will be revising the ammo drops too.
gah, man!
well, i'm happy enough for animations.
DukeWooze

Post by DukeWooze »

Heh here you go niculinux.

Oh and I have a question. Should I keep the Sawed off? Or, change it to a pump action. I was looking at Neccronixis sprite sheet which, I'm using the m16 from, and I saw that shotgun. I wonder if it would fit in better than the sawed off?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”