DEHanced v1.0

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
CeeJay

DEHanced v1.0

Post by CeeJay »

A simple and straight forward enhancement mod using only DeHacked, sndinfo and terrain. Despite the obvious limitations I was able to squeeze in quite a lot of stuff without sacrificing (too much of) the core gameplay.

Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?2p6ahrjiyb0y2oa

BTW, the name is a bit of a pun. It's a combination of DeHacked (DEH) and Enhanced and is meant to sound similar to degraded, as in going back to basics using DeHacked.
Dayve

Re: DEHanced v1.0

Post by Dayve »

Screenies plz?

Now, The pistol lol, what is that? It looks like a smudge fest has been going on, on the back of the pistol.
The chainsaw, nice blending of the brand name.
I like the fire flashes.
Are those voxels for item pickup? Or just plain sprites?
The imps are pretty cool. Other than that it's all i have to say.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Dayve wrote:Now, The pistol lol, what is that? It looks like a smudge fest has been going on, on the back of the pistol.
Say what? I would probably take great offence to that, if it wasn't for the fact that those sprites were not edited by myself. They've been around the community for a long, long time.
Dayve wrote: Are those voxels for item pickup? Or just plain sprites?
No, they're just sprites with rotations.
Dayve wrote: The imps are pretty cool. Other than that it's all i have to say.
Thanks! I guess.
Blox

Post by Blox »

CeeJay wrote:Say what? I would probably take great offence to that, if it wasn't for the fact that those sprites were not edited by myself.
It's a pretty damn bad edit, but I couldn't care less because I don't even want to think about touching the bizarre beast that is the doom pistol.
Which seems to work even though the "how does that even work" factor is dangerously high.

But good to know you'd be greatly offended by someone pointing out that it's a bad, outdated edit.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Blox wrote:
CeeJay wrote:Say what? I would probably take great offence to that, if it wasn't for the fact that those sprites were not edited by myself.
It's a pretty damn bad edit, but I couldn't care less because I don't even want to think about touching the bizarre beast that is the doom pistol.
Which seems to work even though the "how does that even work" factor is dangerously high.

But good to know you'd be greatly offended by someone pointing out that it's a bad, outdated edit.
Actually, I would agree to a point. I was at a certain point considering replacing the pistol with something else, but, I wanted sprites that were either true to the original or any of the commercial DOOM games.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”