Page 4 of 5

Re: Smart Scavenger - A Resource/Mod (V3.2 Released! 11/23/1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:21 pm
by Devianteist
Well damn. Both of my computers' graphics cards hardware is out of date and can't run the latest git. :(

Re: Smart Scavenger - A Resource/Mod (V3.2 Released! 11/23/1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:33 pm
by Caligari87
Have you updated your drivers?

8-)

Re: Smart Scavenger - A Resource/Mod (V3.2 Released! 11/23/1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:48 pm
by Devianteist
I would, had I the money, and a computer that wasn't older than I am. :P

Re: Smart Scavenger - A Resource/Mod (V3.2 Released! 11/23/1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:44 pm
by wildweasel
Devianteist wrote:I would, had I the money, and a computer that wasn't older than I am. :P

Um, "drivers" does not mean "video card." You may be able to handle it if you go download the latest software for your card.

Re: Smart Scavenger - A Resource/Mod (V3.2 Released! 11/23/1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:16 pm
by Devianteist
wildweasel wrote:
Devianteist wrote:I would, had I the money, and a computer that wasn't older than I am. :P

Um, "drivers" does not mean "video card." You may be able to handle it if you go download the latest software for your card.


Oh, so it's a software thing? Forgive me, as I'm a total idiot when it comes to computer tech.

Re: Smart Scavenger - A Resource/Mod (V3.2 Released! 11/23/1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:14 pm
by Caligari87
Well, it depends. I was joking about the drivers, honestly. What is GIT saying about your compatibility? Could be hardware, could be software.

8-)

Re: Smart Scavenger - A Resource/Mod (V3.2 Released! 11/23/1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:21 pm
by Devianteist
I'm not quite sure how to figure out what GIT says about my compatibility. Would I have to make a logfile?

Re: Smart Scavenger - A Resource/Mod (V3.2 Released! 11/23/1

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:41 pm
by robert_baratheon
So I made the jump to GZDoom and I get this:

Script error, "smartscav-bdsperg.pk3:decorate" line 359:
Expected ')', got ','.


I saw earlier in this thread that this meant that I should update my GZDoom but I downloaded it today; I have the newest version, 1.8.02. Any ideas?

Re: Smart Scavenger - A Resource/Mod (V3.2 Released! 11/23/1

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 3:00 pm
by amv2k9
robert_baratheon wrote:I saw earlier in this thread that this meant that I should update my GZDoom but I downloaded it today; I have the newest version, 1.8.02. Any ideas?
You need a development version; the last official version is too old. Waaay too old.

Re: Smart Scavenger - A Resource/Mod (V3.2 Released! 11/23/1

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 3:13 pm
by Devianteist
amv2k9 wrote:
robert_baratheon wrote:I saw earlier in this thread that this meant that I should update my GZDoom but I downloaded it today; I have the newest version, 1.8.02. Any ideas?
You need a development version; the last official version is too old. Waaay too old.


GZDoom 1.8.10 can run this mod as well, in case 2.x builds don't work on the PC being used.

Re: Smart Scavenger - A Resource/Mod (V3.2 Released! 11/23/1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:18 pm
by renkoha
hi man nice job with this thing, a couple of questions about this addon can you update it so affects grenades/mines boxes in project brutality? they could really use the split thing and is it possible to change pick ups sprites to PB ones?

Re: Smart Scavenger - A Resource/Mod (V3.2 Released! 11/23/1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:14 pm
by amv2k9
renkoha wrote:hi man nice job with this thing, a couple of questions about this addon can you update it so affects grenades/mines boxes in project brutality? they could really use the split thing and is it possible to change pick ups sprites to PB ones?
I may add PB compatibility; I've actually been thinking about totally redoing the implementation from scratch (again :p) now that A_CheckProximity is a thing.

Re: Smart Scavenger - A Resource/Mod (V3.2 Released! 11/23/1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:37 pm
by Gideon020
I think this would be a neat thing to use in Project Brutality but the entire concept in general sounds like a winner in any WAD or MegaWAD.

Re: Smart Scavenger - A Resource/Mod (V3.2 Released! 11/23/1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:46 pm
by jeans477
Does this work with Smooth Doom?

Re: Smart Scavenger - A Resource/Mod (V3.2 Released! 11/23/1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:25 pm
by jeans477
Also wondering if this works with Chex Quest.