Smart Scavenger - A Resource/Mod (V3.2 Released! 11/23/14)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Smart Scavenger - A Resource/Mod (V3.2 Released! 11/23/1

Postby Devianteist » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:47 pm

jeans477 wrote:Does this work with Smooth Doom?

Also wondering if this works with Chex Quest.

Tested this with Chex and Smooth for ya, and it appears to cause some rather silly oddities in both of them, so I'd say they aren't entirely compatible. Smooth Doom only creates oddities, as far as I can see, when you have the Doom 64 pickups enabled.

Chex Quest, when it gets down to it, is very different from Doom when it comes to pickups and stuff, and this is hilariously evident when you start the game and see Doom pickups in CQ.
Devianteist
Daddy Dev, resident lurking user.

Discord: #0561

Re: Smart Scavenger - A Resource/Mod (V3.2 Released! 11/23/1

Postby Rigel » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:49 am

bump because it doesn't seem to work properly with doomrl arsenal. first, loading it seems to make the higher difficulties (technophobia, Armageddon) disappear and nightmare becomes doom's original nightmare (fast monsters etc) however you can still summon those difficulty's monsters.

second, all the big ammo packs work well except bullet box (clipbox) in which it also spawns pistols besides clip - including the higher tier ones.
and yes i'm using drla version of smart scavenger (smartscav-drla.pk3)
Rigel

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods