OSJC's Heretic and hexen add-ons ->1st jan 2016

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Valherran

Re: OSJC's Heretic and hexen add-ons...

Post by Valherran »

@osjclatchford: good sprites for the kick animation, however Corvus doesn't wear sandals, he wore leather boots.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

:oops: ok guess I Am being a bit awkward regarding the zips but I just don't see the real issue there.
as for why upload if feedback is unexpected? simply to share.
I didn't think 4shared was such a prob but just to please i'll endeavour to find a better one soon... :wink:

to be honest the feed back I was expecting was on artistic/gameplay aspects the mod itself not upload or other technical issues... :roll:

anyway enough of all that old gumph.
here:
ultimate_goldwand.PNG
ultimate_goldwand.PNG (5.01 KiB) Viewed 1291 times
is somthing I just this minute cooked up! Basically this wand would have the current effect (with higher damage) of my version of the elvenwand and Id put the old wand back as it was... worth doing?

anyway you can see its a mash-up of the saphire-wand and the gold-wand with a bit of eriances trident shaft thrown in!

enjoy!
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Nice wand.

I don't like 4shared mainly because it is a total Nazi about the downloads and how often you can download from there as a free user. And sometimes the downloads mess up on me cus I am far away and I have to restart it 4-6 times and hope it finishes...
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

really didn't know it was that bad, sorry guys...
never had these probs myself...

anyway heres v2 of the ultimate elvenwand:
ultimate_goldwand2.PNG
ultimate_goldwand2.PNG (5.43 KiB) Viewed 1288 times
borrowed and recoloured eriances rubywand crystal, I think it turned out better this way...
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

For sake of offering a bit more on-topic feedback, that wand indeed looks quite nice. Seems pretty true to the original while looking distinct. ;)

Thanks for reconsidering the upload issues. Small thing, in a way, but it'll help bunches.
Average

Post by Average »

Well, I can't give feedback if I can't download it, can I? :P

Have you tried DRD Team's filespace?

http://files.drdteam.org/
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

isn't making zips a PK3 simply the manner of renaming the .zip extension to .pk3? i had a soundpack for Doomsday i use, but it was in a zip, which apparently prevented Doomsday from loading it properly. after renaming the extension to a pk3, maybe packing around the thing slightly to ensure it loads the .ded file and sound files properly, bam.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

has never worked before but I have relented and upgraded my browser to googlechrome... guess what?

http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... c-zher.pk3 - heretic mod

http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... -zhex2.pk3 -heXen mod with new wand (removes wand melee though... :( still thats what the staff is for :wink: )

problem solved, enjoy! sorry I was so stubborn on this...

thanks for the kind words regarding the new wand I assume you mean v2?
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

You know there could already be a .pk3 at a new upload if people put as much effort into making one than bitching about it being made. no means no.

I'll be trying this when i get home, i hate vanilla heretic. sorta wish there was a Brutal Heretic out :D
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

doomer1 wrote:You know there could already be a .pk3 at a new upload if people put as much effort into making one than bitching about it being made. no means no.
Seems like you missed the second page of the thread.
Average

Post by Average »

Had a VERY quick blast at Heretic last night. I've not much to say yet other than the staff is really, really good. Loving the melee attack. :)
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Stupid question here, but how do you get all this to run on gzdoom?
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

glad you like the staff!

as for gzdoom? wouldn't know I'm afraid...

I've made a full version of the Ultimate Elven Wand for heretic with powered version too! hopefully I'll get the powered version in the heXen mod soon...
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

just updated the frontpage with the latest versions that now include a new flamer effect for the phoenix rod in the heXen mod. no, its not the same as it was in heretic but that is intentional as I feel the "ultimate" weapon in heXen should be medium-longrange and heretic's was a close range only deal...

FYI its actually just a modified version of my wand effect! still I rather like it in game.
as usual, any errors let me know and I hope you enjoy!

should be working on some sexier powered staff sprites next so when done I'll replace the old one in heretic and then add it to heXen!

be epic
Latchford
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

not entirely happy with this:
staff electro01.PNG
But what say you?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”