OSJC's Heretic and hexen add-ons ->1st jan 2016

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
twinkieman93

Re: OSJC's Heretic and hexen add-ons...

Post by twinkieman93 »

osjclatchford wrote:not entirely happy with this: *insert shiny staff picture here* But what say you?
It's pretty snazzy, but the lightning trail coming off the staff could look better.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

yeah it turns out it looks better in-game! just uploaded the latest version of the-heretic-mod where the powered staff lobs an exploding static-ball a few feet as a primary attack and the above sprites as a secondary attack (using the original attack effect!)

also heXen's phoenix flames now are a bit more wavy when fired (I also slowed them down a little bit too as they were way too fast to see the projectile-slither effect...)

try 'em out!

oh, and something else I was toying with...
corvus sword.PNG
corvus sword.PNG (9.52 KiB) Viewed 1467 times
grip needs work but still not sure though...
Average

Post by Average »

The sword looks nice. I'd love to see it in action though before giving a true opinion.

Loving your work so far. :)
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

obsidian wand.PNG
obsidian wand.PNG (5 KiB) Viewed 1440 times
another wand Idea...
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

Apart from the lower edges of the gem, it looks cool.
Shouldn't this be in resources, though? o:
/edit haha oh wait i just found the resources thread, i'm dumb :p
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

oh ok, can you be more specific about the gem edges? not sure what quite you mean..
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

osjclatchford wrote:oh ok, can you be more specific about the gem edges? not sure what quite you mean..
Well, it kind of looks like that you're just holding it up straight into your face instead of out towards the enemies. It's a perspective issue.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

Oh, ok, I'll amend it in the future I'm sure...

anyway, here:
bow concept.PNG
is a new weapon I've made for heretic. its in the latest version (frontpage) and as you can see its based off of the ultimate ethereal crossbow mixed with the strife xbow! I rather like it.
for decorate simply download the latest heretic mod!
osjclatchford

New versions! - 19th jan -

Post by osjclatchford »

OK news: the hexen mod has had a make over in the form of weapon attack damages as I found the powered wand was way over-amped and the poewered ancient phoenix rod no longer ignores invulnerability on enemies. the reason for these changes was for gameplay balance. I've only just started to play heXen as I never have before I started this mod ! and I realised that when attacking a heresiarch the boss-battle should probably not take 30 seconds! woops! hence the tone-down of the wand and the retune of the phoenix rod!

also other changes include a better tome pickup-sprite for heXen (with spin animation) and a rehash of the above xbow to be an Ultimate Ethereal Crossbow and this is now randomized with the ethereal crossbow in heretic (the above concept has been ditched altogether) and it also entirely replaces the xbow for heXen.
It features a nice glowy effect too:
xbow_glow.PNG
xbow_glow.PNG (12.85 KiB) Viewed 1346 times
go try it out!

enjoy! latchford
osjclatchford

Re: OSJC's Heretic and hexen add-ons ->19th jan 2013

Post by osjclatchford »

desciple heart.PNG
desciple heart.PNG (3.26 KiB) Viewed 1312 times
another idea I'm toying with:desciple hearts...
dropped from dead desciples... but what should they do?
osjclatchford

Re: OSJC's Heretic and hexen add-ons ->23rd jan 2013

Post by osjclatchford »

just made these new flashes for the ravenstaff today!
ravenstaff_renew.PNG
its now in the heretic mod!
Average

Re: OSJC's Heretic and hexen add-ons ->23rd jan 2013

Post by Average »

I'm enjoying your work so far and play around with every Heretic mod as it comes out. It's nice to see continued development on this.

There seems to be an error though. When using Next Weapon and Previous assignments (usually mouse wheel) one can't go to the next weapon from the Staff upwards. It works fine from every other weapon slot though. I don't seem to have problems going through previous weapons. I'm using the latest svn builds from DRD (ZDoom r4038 and GZDoom 1508).

Also, not too keen on the white screen flashes from the rod. Maybe something a little more subtle? :)
osjclatchford

Re: OSJC's Heretic and hexen add-ons ->26th jan 2013

Post by osjclatchford »

Latest versions out!

heretic has new splash damage on ravenstaff projectiles, this makes it +/- the same damage per shot of a phoenixrod but of course the spread makes all the difference in a crowd!

as for heXen further alpha-testing has forced me to ditch the +foilinvul tag from the goldwand attacks as, due to the ripper nature of the projectiles, it gave you a huge advantage over crowds of centaurs/slaughtaurs.
With this in mind, though, the staff-puff now uses the +foilinvul tag to deal with centaurs up close! I felt this still gave you a chance with huge crowds but forces you to create a bottleneck to down the centaurs one by one, which also puts you a lot closer into harms way! this attribute can also potentially make heresiarch battles faster but you've got to have a lot of health and balls of steel to attack a heresiarch at pointblank, right!?
also the phoenix projectile now only does 5 damage now (as opposed to the ridiculously high 100! it previously had) but the bfg-style spray remains unchanged...

I'll give it further testing and let you know if anything changes again!

@Average: very glad you're enjoying the mods! sorry to hear about these code issues not really sure what i can do about these as I don't seem to have the same prob, can anyone else help there at all?

as for the PR flashes I added them to heretic as they feature in the heXen mod (which I've been playing intently!) and I found I rather missed it when firing the phoenix's in heretic.
but now you mention it, although they fitted the bfg style attack of the ancient phoenix rod in heXen they seem a little over the top on the standard one. I have shortened the length and intensity in the latest version but what more subtlety would you suggest? a different colour? a shorter duration/intensity maybe? or something else entirely or, of course, just ditch it altogether...
osjclatchford

Re: OSJC's Heretic and hexen add-ons ->29th jan 2013

Post by osjclatchford »

updated heretic mod to version six!

changes:
new weapon
minimized phoenix flashes
re-positioned ultimate elvenwand forward a bit

go check it out on page one!

oh and the new weapon?
behold:
ulti-hellstaff.PNG
the ultimate Hellstaff!

It fires four slightly smaller hellstaff balls (two akimbo, at the same damage) and powered it fires two fire streaks that rip and explode on wall-contact! (rather like the minotaur fire!)

enjoy and please feel free to use/modify!
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: OSJC's Heretic and hexen add-ons ->29th jan 2013

Post by Tapwave »

osjclatchford wrote:crossbaww
Oooh, me likey, reminds me of the "clean" strife crossbow i've made.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”