[*ALPHA 1.9.1*] QualityDoom - TweaksnFixes(Nov. 17 2013)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheRailgunner

Re: [DEVELOPMENTPHASE 0.9] QualityDoom

Post by TheRailgunner »

Vaecrius wrote:Interesting take. Just some thoughts because I've done similar things:
  • This can superduperoverüberpower the pain elemental given that a single LS can raise anything from a former human to a baron. I don't know how to change this though many counterbalancing options are available.

Code: Select all

Heal:
		TNT1 A 0 A_Jump([chance of jumping, 1-256], "See")
		SKUL EFG 5 Bright A_SpawnItem("Blood")
		SKUL H 5 Bright A_SpawnItem ("RegenerateFire")
		goto Sacrifice
Basically, this heal state will jump to the LS' See state randomly. I normally use 64 and 128 for random jumps, but I can't say what balances the Pain Elemental best. The only problem I could see using the See state jump is the possibility of Heal-See loops occurring until the heal succeeds. Hence:

Code: Select all

Missile:
		SKUL C 10 BRIGHT A_FaceTarget
		SKUL D 4 BRIGHT A_SkullAttack
		SKUL CD 4 BRIGHT
		Goto Missile+2
Heal:
		TNT1 A 0 A_Jump([chance of jumping, 1-256], "Missile")
		SKUL EFG 5 Bright A_SpawnItem("Blood")
		SKUL H 5 Bright A_SpawnItem ("RegenerateFire")
		goto Sacrifice
This version will instead randomly send the LS into its Missile state, avoiding a potential loop (as LS can't heal during its missile state).

Return to “Gameplay Mods”