Call of Dooty (If Doom was done today) [Released]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Call of Dooty (If Doom was done today) [Released]

Postby Mr. Tee » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:12 pm

I guess that gives me a away - I bleed Nintendo throughout, and thus haven't played Halo or Call of Duty prior to this.

I received Call of Duty Black Ops as a gift for the Wii a few days ago, but hadn't started playing it until just now, and I LOL'd! In fact, I think I'll play through it all just for some laughs, it really is quite scripted! And having Call of Dooty on my mind while playing Black Ops makes for a light playthought :-) though I'm not sure I'll play any Call of Duty games afterwards though, hehe.

@OP: Your mod rocks!

EDIT: The Wii version of Black Ops has some pretty entertaining bugs, such as an enemy soldier spawning impaled on a chair, and just staying frozen like that, oof. You can tell they did not put any effort into porting it properly.
Mr. Tee
Waiting for ZDoom Editing Demo 2.6.1? Wait longer! Life is very chaotic now.

Postby The Ultimate DooMer » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:05 pm

wildweasel wrote:It's not about completing the mission "your way" any more, it's about following the intricately defined script that the devs worked a whole year on. =P

And to think it would take way less time and effort to just let the player go wherever and work out for himself where to go...
The Ultimate DooMer
Will you start the fans please!

Postby SamVision » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:14 pm

wildweasel wrote:It's not about completing the mission "your way" any more, it's about following the intricately defined script that the devs worked a whole year on. =P

In other words, you are not playing the game, the game is playing you.
SamVision

Postby Gez » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:30 pm

Basically, these games are not derived from shooters like Doom, but from Dragon's Lair. Except Dragon's Lair had better graphics and was more fun.
Gez

Postby FireHusky » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:57 pm

Wow, I can actually relate to every single element you put in! Now the only thing that is missing is a stuffed animal to put in every single level- like Call of Duty puts in teddy bears in Mw3.
FireHusky
I leave marks behind.

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods