Call of Dooty (If Doom was done today) [Released]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Call of Dooty (If Doom was done today) [Released]

Postby SamVision » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:01 pm

How do you do it?
User avatar
SamVision
 
Joined: 13 Apr 2010
Location: Behind You

Re: Call of Dooty (If Doom was done today) [Released]

Postby Gez » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:23 pm

Full spoiler: to get to use the melee weapon...

Spoiler:
Gez
 
 
 
Joined: 06 Jul 2007

Re: Call of Dooty (If Doom was done today) [Released]

Postby TheAdmantArchvile » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:59 pm

Game crashed after the nuclear strike. I blame EA. 10/10 would play again.
User avatar
TheAdmantArchvile
Cash Money Terrionaire
 
Joined: 07 Feb 2008
Location: Halfway to Madness

Re: Call of Dooty (If Doom was done today) [Released]

Postby Djiel » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:09 am

Great stuff, funny and (sadly) very accurate. You missed the 'Press C to crouch' though :P
User avatar
Djiel
 
Joined: 05 Oct 2012
Location: Netherlands

Re: Call of Dooty (If Doom was done today) [Released]

Postby The Ultimate DooMer » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:18 pm

I jumped through the window (after the nuclear blast) and went outside - nothing happened. Not even a "you're not supposed to be here" or "return to the combat zone" or auto-teleport back with a slap on the wrist...fix pls it detracts from the modern shooter experience kk
User avatar
The Ultimate DooMer
Will you start the fans please!
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003
Location: Industrial Zone

Re: Call of Dooty (If Doom was done today) [Released]

Postby Turbo » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:38 pm

This mod gave me a good laugh, nice work! :D

It looks like this mod caught the attention of the people who are currently making the Rise of the Triad remake: https://www.facebook.com/riseofthetriad/posts/195738210563782
Congrats!
User avatar
Turbo
Let's just hope this works..
 
Joined: 22 Mar 2011

Re: Call of Dooty (If Doom was done today) [Released]

Postby SFJake » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:04 pm

What this makes me think is...

It takes so much effort to be bad in this genre.

Doing it right isn't that complicated. Pull ideas from a team of creative people and just start making something, you just need a few principles in mind and it'll take far less efforts than doing a scripted, non-interactive mess, with a much better result.
User avatar
SFJake
 
Joined: 03 Nov 2007

Re: Call of Dooty (If Doom was done today) [Released]

Postby Chubzdoomer » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:58 pm

The Ultimate DooMer wrote:I jumped through the window (after the nuclear blast) and went outside - nothing happened. Not even a "you're not supposed to be here" or "return to the combat zone" or auto-teleport back with a slap on the wrist...fix pls it detracts from the modern shooter experience kk


I just fired the entire QA team after reading this post.

P.S. The issue has been resolved! You can no longer go outside. Freedom and exploration is the root of all evil.
User avatar
Chubzdoomer
 
Joined: 13 Nov 2012

Re: Call of Dooty (If Doom was done today) [Released]

Postby scalliano » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:56 pm

Just when I thought this couldn't get any better. AMAZING work!
User avatar
scalliano
Danny won, hey.
 
Joined: 21 Jun 2005
Location: Ireland

Re: Call of Dooty (If Doom was done today) [Released]

Postby Gez » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:14 pm

The "zombie" game mode is legitimately fun, if only because there's a jukebox that lets you choose "Never Gonna Give You Up" as the demon-slaughtering soundtrack.
Gez
 
 
 
Joined: 06 Jul 2007

Re: Call of Dooty (If Doom was done today) [Released]

Postby Chubzdoomer » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:23 pm

Gez wrote:The "zombie" game mode is legitimately fun, if only because there's a jukebox that lets you choose "Never Gonna Give You Up" as the demon-slaughtering soundtrack.


If you want an even better version of it, check out Demon Defense v1.4. We just released it last week!

The one in COD II is a "gimped" version with just one map, no special font, etc. The stand-alone Demon Defense version, on the other hand, has three maps, its own font, custom textures for the Ice and Electricity traps, and more.

I might create an entirely separate thread for it, although I still haven't made up my mind.
User avatar
Chubzdoomer
 
Joined: 13 Nov 2012

Re: Call of Dooty (If Doom was done today) [Released]

Postby Springy » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:34 pm

Chubzdoomer wrote:
Gez wrote:The "zombie" game mode is legitimately fun, if only because there's a jukebox that lets you choose "Never Gonna Give You Up" as the demon-slaughtering soundtrack.


If you want an even better version of it, check out Demon Defense v1.4. We just released it last week!

The one in COD II is a "gimped" version with just one map, no special font, etc. The stand-alone Demon Defense version, on the other hand, has three maps, its own font, custom textures for the Ice and Electricity traps, and more.

I might create an entirely separate thread for it, although I still haven't made up my mind.

A bit off topic but I never realised you were still working on Demon Defense :O always thought it was just a one off one map release.
User avatar
Springy
Yes indeed ladies and gentlemen.
 
Joined: 08 Mar 2012
Location: Earth

Re: Call of Dooty (If Doom was done today) [Released]

Postby 0bsidian » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:28 pm

TheAdmantArchvile wrote:Game crashed after the nuclear strike. I blame EA. 10/10 would play again.


Same thing happened for me. I'm guessing you're using ZDoom? Use GZDoom instead. :)
User avatar
0bsidian
Smiling fatly.
 
Joined: 29 Oct 2012
Location: Nw Zld

Re: Call of Dooty (If Doom was done today) [Released]

Postby Project Dark Fox » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:30 am

0bsidian wrote:
TheAdmantArchvile wrote:Game crashed after the nuclear strike. I blame EA. 10/10 would play again.


Same thing happened for me. I'm guessing you're using ZDoom? Use GZDoom instead. :)

I used ZDoom 2.6.1 and I received no crash.
User avatar
Project Dark Fox
Married Furry Anxiety Bucket
 
Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Location: Louisville, KY USA
Twitch ID: ProjectDarkFox

Re: Call of Dooty (If Doom was done today) [Released]

Postby 0bsidian » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:05 am

Wait, what? That's what I used and it crashed anyway. There was also this dodgy-looking bit with a MIDBARS texture that went under the floor.
User avatar
0bsidian
Smiling fatly.
 
Joined: 29 Oct 2012
Location: Nw Zld

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: OlegGontar, Sangelothi and 12 guests