Call of Dooty (If Doom was done today) [Released]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Call of Dooty (If Doom was done today) [Released]

Postby SamVision » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:01 pm

How do you do it?
SamVision

Postby Gez » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:23 pm

Full spoiler: to get to use the melee weapon...

Spoiler:
Gez

Postby TheAdmantArchvile » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:59 pm

Game crashed after the nuclear strike. I blame EA. 10/10 would play again.
TheAdmantArchvile
Cash Money Terrionaire

Postby Djiel » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:09 am

Great stuff, funny and (sadly) very accurate. You missed the 'Press C to crouch' though :P
Djiel

Postby The Ultimate DooMer » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:18 pm

I jumped through the window (after the nuclear blast) and went outside - nothing happened. Not even a "you're not supposed to be here" or "return to the combat zone" or auto-teleport back with a slap on the wrist...fix pls it detracts from the modern shooter experience kk
The Ultimate DooMer
Will you start the fans please!

Postby Turbo » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:38 pm

This mod gave me a good laugh, nice work! :D

It looks like this mod caught the attention of the people who are currently making the Rise of the Triad remake: https://www.facebook.com/riseofthetriad/posts/195738210563782
Congrats!
Turbo
Let's just hope this works..

Postby SFJake » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:04 pm

What this makes me think is...

It takes so much effort to be bad in this genre.

Doing it right isn't that complicated. Pull ideas from a team of creative people and just start making something, you just need a few principles in mind and it'll take far less efforts than doing a scripted, non-interactive mess, with a much better result.
SFJake

Postby Chubzdoomer » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:58 pm

The Ultimate DooMer wrote:I jumped through the window (after the nuclear blast) and went outside - nothing happened. Not even a "you're not supposed to be here" or "return to the combat zone" or auto-teleport back with a slap on the wrist...fix pls it detracts from the modern shooter experience kk

I just fired the entire QA team after reading this post.

P.S. The issue has been resolved! You can no longer go outside. Freedom and exploration is the root of all evil.
Chubzdoomer

Postby scalliano » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:56 pm

Just when I thought this couldn't get any better. AMAZING work!
scalliano
Danny won, hey.

Postby Gez » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:14 pm

The "zombie" game mode is legitimately fun, if only because there's a jukebox that lets you choose "Never Gonna Give You Up" as the demon-slaughtering soundtrack.
Gez

Postby Chubzdoomer » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:23 pm

Gez wrote:The "zombie" game mode is legitimately fun, if only because there's a jukebox that lets you choose "Never Gonna Give You Up" as the demon-slaughtering soundtrack.

If you want an even better version of it, check out Demon Defense v1.4. We just released it last week!

The one in COD II is a "gimped" version with just one map, no special font, etc. The stand-alone Demon Defense version, on the other hand, has three maps, its own font, custom textures for the Ice and Electricity traps, and more.

I might create an entirely separate thread for it, although I still haven't made up my mind.
Chubzdoomer

Postby Springy » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:34 pm

Chubzdoomer wrote:
Gez wrote:The "zombie" game mode is legitimately fun, if only because there's a jukebox that lets you choose "Never Gonna Give You Up" as the demon-slaughtering soundtrack.

If you want an even better version of it, check out Demon Defense v1.4. We just released it last week!

The one in COD II is a "gimped" version with just one map, no special font, etc. The stand-alone Demon Defense version, on the other hand, has three maps, its own font, custom textures for the Ice and Electricity traps, and more.

I might create an entirely separate thread for it, although I still haven't made up my mind.

A bit off topic but I never realised you were still working on Demon Defense :O always thought it was just a one off one map release.
Springy
Yes indeed ladies and gentlemen.

Postby 0bsidian » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:28 pm

TheAdmantArchvile wrote:Game crashed after the nuclear strike. I blame EA. 10/10 would play again.

Same thing happened for me. I'm guessing you're using ZDoom? Use GZDoom instead. :)
0bsidian
Smiling fatly.

Postby Project Dark Fox » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:30 am

0bsidian wrote:
TheAdmantArchvile wrote:Game crashed after the nuclear strike. I blame EA. 10/10 would play again.

Same thing happened for me. I'm guessing you're using ZDoom? Use GZDoom instead. :)

I used ZDoom 2.6.1 and I received no crash.
Project Dark Fox
Married Furry Anxiety Bucket

Twitch ID: ProjectDarkFox

Postby 0bsidian » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:05 am

Wait, what? That's what I used and it crashed anyway. There was also this dodgy-looking bit with a MIDBARS texture that went under the floor.
0bsidian
Smiling fatly.

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods