Call of Dooty (If Doom was done today) [Released]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SamVision

Re: Call of Dooty (If Doom was done today) [Released]

Post by SamVision »

How do you do it?
Gez

Post by Gez »

Full spoiler: to get to use the melee weapon...
Spoiler:
TheAdmantArchvile

Post by TheAdmantArchvile »

Game crashed after the nuclear strike. I blame EA. 10/10 would play again.
Djiel

Post by Djiel »

Great stuff, funny and (sadly) very accurate. You missed the 'Press C to crouch' though :P
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

I jumped through the window (after the nuclear blast) and went outside - nothing happened. Not even a "you're not supposed to be here" or "return to the combat zone" or auto-teleport back with a slap on the wrist...fix pls it detracts from the modern shooter experience kk
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

This mod gave me a good laugh, nice work! :D

It looks like this mod caught the attention of the people who are currently making the Rise of the Triad remake: https://www.facebook.com/riseofthetriad ... 8210563782
Congrats!
SFJake

Post by SFJake »

What this makes me think is...

It takes so much effort to be bad in this genre.

Doing it right isn't that complicated. Pull ideas from a team of creative people and just start making something, you just need a few principles in mind and it'll take far less efforts than doing a scripted, non-interactive mess, with a much better result.
Chubzdoomer

Post by Chubzdoomer »

The Ultimate DooMer wrote:I jumped through the window (after the nuclear blast) and went outside - nothing happened. Not even a "you're not supposed to be here" or "return to the combat zone" or auto-teleport back with a slap on the wrist...fix pls it detracts from the modern shooter experience kk
I just fired the entire QA team after reading this post.

P.S. The issue has been resolved! You can no longer go outside. Freedom and exploration is the root of all evil.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Just when I thought this couldn't get any better. AMAZING work!
Gez

Post by Gez »

The "zombie" game mode is legitimately fun, if only because there's a jukebox that lets you choose "Never Gonna Give You Up" as the demon-slaughtering soundtrack.
Chubzdoomer

Post by Chubzdoomer »

Gez wrote:The "zombie" game mode is legitimately fun, if only because there's a jukebox that lets you choose "Never Gonna Give You Up" as the demon-slaughtering soundtrack.
If you want an even better version of it, check out Demon Defense v1.4. We just released it last week!

The one in COD II is a "gimped" version with just one map, no special font, etc. The stand-alone Demon Defense version, on the other hand, has three maps, its own font, custom textures for the Ice and Electricity traps, and more.

I might create an entirely separate thread for it, although I still haven't made up my mind.
Springy

Post by Springy »

Chubzdoomer wrote:
Gez wrote:The "zombie" game mode is legitimately fun, if only because there's a jukebox that lets you choose "Never Gonna Give You Up" as the demon-slaughtering soundtrack.
If you want an even better version of it, check out Demon Defense v1.4. We just released it last week!

The one in COD II is a "gimped" version with just one map, no special font, etc. The stand-alone Demon Defense version, on the other hand, has three maps, its own font, custom textures for the Ice and Electricity traps, and more.

I might create an entirely separate thread for it, although I still haven't made up my mind.
A bit off topic but I never realised you were still working on Demon Defense :O always thought it was just a one off one map release.
0bsidian

Post by 0bsidian »

TheAdmantArchvile wrote:Game crashed after the nuclear strike. I blame EA. 10/10 would play again.
Same thing happened for me. I'm guessing you're using ZDoom? Use GZDoom instead. :)
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

0bsidian wrote:
TheAdmantArchvile wrote:Game crashed after the nuclear strike. I blame EA. 10/10 would play again.
Same thing happened for me. I'm guessing you're using ZDoom? Use GZDoom instead. :)
I used ZDoom 2.6.1 and I received no crash.
0bsidian

Post by 0bsidian »

Wait, what? That's what I used and it crashed anyway. There was also this dodgy-looking bit with a MIDBARS texture that went under the floor.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”