Call of Dooty (If Doom was done today) [Released]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Mr. Tee

Re: Call of Dooty (If Doom was done today) [Released]

Post by Mr. Tee »

I guess that gives me a away - I bleed Nintendo throughout, and thus haven't played Halo or Call of Duty prior to this.

I received Call of Duty Black Ops as a gift for the Wii a few days ago, but hadn't started playing it until just now, and I LOL'd! In fact, I think I'll play through it all just for some laughs, it really is quite scripted! And having Call of Dooty on my mind while playing Black Ops makes for a light playthought :-) though I'm not sure I'll play any Call of Duty games afterwards though, hehe.

@OP: Your mod rocks!

EDIT: The Wii version of Black Ops has some pretty entertaining bugs, such as an enemy soldier spawning impaled on a chair, and just staying frozen like that, oof. You can tell they did not put any effort into porting it properly.
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

wildweasel wrote:It's not about completing the mission "your way" any more, it's about following the intricately defined script that the devs worked a whole year on. =P
And to think it would take way less time and effort to just let the player go wherever and work out for himself where to go...
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

wildweasel wrote:It's not about completing the mission "your way" any more, it's about following the intricately defined script that the devs worked a whole year on. =P
In other words, you are not playing the game, the game is playing you.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Basically, these games are not derived from shooters like Doom, but from Dragon's Lair. Except Dragon's Lair had better graphics and was more fun.
FireHusky

Post by FireHusky »

Wow, I can actually relate to every single element you put in! Now the only thing that is missing is a stuffed animal to put in every single level- like Call of Duty puts in teddy bears in Mw3.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”