Trick-O-Treat Madness 2012

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Unholypimpin

Trick-O-Treat Madness 2012

Post by Unholypimpin »

A wad I made for Halloween.
This wad is for ZDoom

LINK HERE http://www.mediafire.com/?02f2y8726komb00

PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST PLAY ON HIGH RESOLUTION IN GAME OR ELSE THE TEXT WILL SCREW UP!!
As of right now there shouldnt be any glitches, but if you find any please let me know.

This wad features custom gameplay were the player finds himself as a trick or treater. You only have 1 weapon which is a baseball bat, and you will use this to either defend yourself or destroy objects.

To beat the map you must achieve 500 happy halloween rating which is gained from either collecting bags of candy or vandalizing halloween decoration.

All decorations are destroyable and will throw their gibs all over the floor. Some people dont have the halloween spirit and wont give out candy, so if you want you can beat them up to get candy out of them.

You can find candy either inside houses or scattered throughout the neighborhood.

Heres some screenshots.

Features that were cut out due to time constraints.

-More npcs trick or treaters,house hold guests,hostile npcs
-More decorations and more variants per decoration
-More monster types
-quests, points of interest, bigger town and more house variants.

Enjoy the wad and Happy Halloween to everyone!!
Last edited by Unholypimpin on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Springy

Re: Trick-O-Treat Madness 2012

Post by Springy »

Looks pretty good so the objective is too just vandalize pumpkins? I like the sound of that. Going to download now and edit this with my opinion.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

you can vandalize anything even trees and beat up people. The main point is to trick or treat, but you can really do anything.
Springy

Post by Springy »

Just played it, I really like the concept of it and beating up the people at their home's was pretty funny and provided some good fun with a different style of gameplay. How long did this take may I ask?
CruX

Post by CruX »

I walked into the first house, hit the guy with a bat, and instantly felt terrible :( He groans so pitifully, I felt genuine shame.
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

And genuine shame you shall feel for the rest of your natural life. :)
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

Who wants to post about ZHalloween first?
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

Springy wrote:Just played it, I really like the concept of it and beating up the people at their home's was pretty funny and provided some good fun with a different style of gameplay. How long did this take may I ask?
took me about 2 weeks to make, i originally planned it to have more content but real life stuff coupled with other projects kept me from working on it as much as i wanted to.

I updated the wad, added music and fixed the ghosts so they wont wander outside of the map and their damage output has been greatly reduced.

http://www.mediafire.com/?02f2y8726komb00 Link is here
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

Captain Ventris wrote:Who wants to post about ZHalloween first?
I dont think many people will remember that :P
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

So it's kind of a tradition to vandalize things and beat people up in Halloween?
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

Blue Shadow wrote:So it's kind of a tradition to vandalize things and beat people up in Halloween?
Nah i just thought it would be cool to allow people to do so.
ObsessedWithMODs

Post by ObsessedWithMODs »

I was about to ask about Halloween themed mods on whether they existed or not previously for Doom, but this just answered everything :) .

Aside from this one and the Brutal Doom Halloween edition, do any other Halloween themed WADs or Mods exist out there?

I know there were plentiful of Christmas Themed stuff in the idgames archives, but never really noticed any other Holiday Themed WADs/Mods.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

Most halloween wads i see arnt really halloween themed but have a dark and semi scary atmosphere.
Zdoomer1337

Post by Zdoomer1337 »

This mod was okay.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”