[Release] RV-007 Doom Weapons v09

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
RV-007

Re: [Release] RV-007 Doom Weapons v02

Post by RV-007 »

v02: Hotfix
-New and better radio and visor sprites
-Credits proper
-Better item sounds
RV-007

Re: [Release] RV-007 Doom Weapons v03

Post by RV-007 »

v03:
After some tests w/ zbludv41.wad, I made the ammo use of the hell chainsaw's altfire to 6 hell chainsaw traps. There's too much abuse in holding all that ammo (ammo pickup returns only 1 hell chainsaw trap). Use wisely.
RV-007

Re: [Release] RV-007 Doom Weapons v04

Post by RV-007 »

v04:
I added in music w/ more kick, but kept the quantity to a minimum (to prevent as much processor lag as possible).
I mentioned adding a black plague weapon, but I can't determine poisondamage duration (weapon change cancelled).
RV-007

Re: [Release] RV-007 Doom Weapons v05

Post by RV-007 »

In the next update, I'm going to add in NAM .voc audio files. They sound cool. I will try to make my custom player class to replace the default doom player w/o clear playerclasses.
RV-007

Re: [Release] RV-007 Doom Weapons v06

Post by RV-007 »

v06:
I was not able to get my custom player class to replace the default player class, but @ least I was able to add some sounds to the states of the UAC Marine player class. Idle, attack, pain, and death sounds; some on occasions, blah blah blah. Enough said. Oh yeah, Rosenkreuzstilette's Sichte Meister miscellaneous portrait as Player.Portrait of UAC Marine player class. It's like the Twisted Metal/Viligante 8 character screen, lol.
RV-007

Re: [Release] RV-007 Doom Weapons v06

Post by RV-007 »

Whoops, I forgot to remove the comment block from the music playlist.

I finally figured out why some of the songs become softer after a re-loop. It seems that there was no cut-off in the decrease of volume and the re-loop will just pick off from the last command in the given channels.
Spoiler: Songs to be fixed
RV-007

Re: [Release] RV-007 Doom Weapons v07

Post by RV-007 »

v07: Working Around Shootable Inanimate Objects
After messing around w/ shootable inanimate objects, I figure that the warp_fist weapon will become an interference so I made a work around if the case ever involves shootable inanimate objects. Althold state triggers and reloops the warp self operation until you either miss on fire state or change weapons. I tried to make the rail_chain's rail particle into laser particles.
BloodyAcid

Post by BloodyAcid »

Why might I ask is the file 80+MB? Since there are no new graphics as stated by your first post, I'm guessing that 75MB of it is belongs to chunky mp3's?
RV-007

Post by RV-007 »

I'll make one w/o the music (which will speed up the loading process). I'll also try LocalSetMusic for a change (I certainly need to know how to make a ACS script lump first and how to execute/stop ACS script commands. Sticky flame actor classes now play A_StartFire and A_FireCrackle (supposed to fix that earlier).
RV-007

Post by RV-007 »

@ the mean time, I am uploading a release that should replace any default resource. It looks cool too. That's all.
I might get to the ACS (for the music) or try a Active/Inactive state for held items w/i inventory (for switching lights or playing music [if successful, this should reduce the number of items needs w/i the player class {and no more switching to other items b/c it would be a switchable item by Active/Inactive state}]).
RV-007

Post by RV-007 »

I forgot to add a song. I got bz_wtg and something_annihilation to look into for gameplay compatibility. It is being uploaded now. I changed archvile sprite and sounds into something custom; I think it works out.
RV-007

Post by RV-007 »

I still got the music files and music ACS list to go. @ the moment, I compiled a skin list for anyone who might want to use a different skin (see op).
RV-007

Re: [Release] RV-007 Doom Weapons v08

Post by RV-007 »

v08: Thing_Damage for Less Lag of Sticky Flame Actors Fix
-Still got the music audio files to fix (some of them don't close correctly).
-Music list player still in decision.
-Made less lag for (near) constant use of flame scorcher (no more A_Explode's z height thrust though).
RV-007

Re: [Release] RV-007 Doom Weapons v09

Post by RV-007 »

v09: Music Play by ACS
-That means when you press use to play (some random music), the music plays just like that, no/little delay in waiting for it to load.
-That's about it, but boy does it make gameplay much smoother.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”