Personality Project: Extremely WIP

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Drake Raider

Personality Project: Extremely WIP

Post by Drake Raider »

An odd little mod you've seen me post over on editing now has a dedicated thread. Apologies, there is nothing in particular to show yet, as I can't seem to get A_Chase's parameters to respect my custom states. Always seems just to jump to missile. Help on that would be appreciated? But goals wise, and such, currently trying just to give the imp a little, as it says on the tin, personality. Overall, this is just a system, and, by the way, NOT a bot. I'm trying to get imps to react variously in certain ways, and in this particular mod, eventually will use randomized replacers to make the entire doom populated with individually behaving imps. Maybe add some voice acting for ambiance if I can do it well, here meaning better than TES4:Oblivion, at the least.

Still, at this point, primarily a system focus, and the whole A_Chase thing could use sorting out. The current version is attached for exploration, preferably not exploitation.
Attachments
Personality.zip
(1.67 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
Zenon
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Personality Project: Extremely WIP

Post by Zenon »

Might wanna post some screenshots
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

It doesn't seem like this is the kind of thing that screenshots could adequately describe; also he does have a download link.
Drake Raider

Post by Drake Raider »

Exactly. It's just code. It's a mechanic. A video, maybe, would help, but as I said, I can't seem to get it to work correctly, though my code seems reletively bug free.
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

Lol, "yawr!" Are you going to name all of 'em instead of giving them crappy DECORATE names? :D
Drake Raider

Post by Drake Raider »

Yeah, but all it does is yawr. According to the A_Look, it should be doing other stuff too. I can't tell why.
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

Well, if you can't tell why, then I can't either.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”