Weasel Presents: Terrorists!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Police Brutality (Weasel Presents: Terrorists!) - /idgam

Postby wildweasel » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:42 pm

Ed the Bat wrote:While I'm thinking of it, just a couple of quick notes:
1. I'm finding that grenades lack the NOTELEPORT flag. I personally think they might do better with it. Something to think about...

I think this one was actually deliberate on my part; since a lot of enemies in the mod react quicker than the usual Doom fare, some players may wish to clear rooms ahead of them with grenades. When I accidentally allowed rockets and grenades to go through teleports in wwhc-diaz, I discovered that you could quite nicely pull an "open and clear" on teleporters by lobbing a grenade through before entering. Unbalanced? Perhaps. Ruins traps? More than likely. But running into a teleport to find yourself surrounded by Punchies? That's more BS than "room clearance."
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Ed the Bat » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:45 pm

Fair enough. I just found myself unable to clear out a room with my normal tactic, since there was a monster/projectile teleport line in the doorway, and anything I threw in would be sent to another dimension, which was not helpful to my fight. But I can see the usefulness, so as long as it's intentional...

EDIT: Just want to quickly mention that I had not been completely successful with making the Black Boar put itself away when out of ammo, and I think I have it fixed now (but, as usual, let me know if anyone finds something wrong). I also found that the upgrade system for this gun wasn't working as I would've expected. Only the first three-round volley would be affected by the upgrades, and the Refire command would send it back to the 'Level 0' firing mode. This should now be fixed.

I've uploaded my new changes. The link in my earlier post is still the way to find it.

DOUBLE EDIT: Just found a pretty serious bug with the Sherazi. The titanium bolt upgrade, which promises to increase the firing rate, actually decreases it. Instead of alternating between three tics and four tics for a shot, it becomes a consistent four tics. I'll be changing that to make it a consistent three tics, and reuploading sometime in the near future (tonight).

MORE EDIT: I just discovered that recent versions of ZDoom (as new as the August 31st development build) will crash with a fatal error when fighting Convict or Bomber, as their grenades call A_AlertMonsters upon explosion, which is apparently broken in the engine now. I've just filed a bug report on this, so hopefully it will be resolved soon.
Ed the Bat
I'm tired. I want to go home.

Postby Ed the Bat » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:21 pm

I always feel guilty making bumps, but I suddenly worried that simply editing my last post over and over would be harder to notice, as it doesn't take long at all for a thread to get buried in this forum (which is a good thing; means it's full of activity!). So... just as a precaution, I'm now overtly calling attention to the issues I mentioned above.

Along with this, I meant to say; Weasel, if you approve of the refinement I present for your projects, then I would be glad to offer my hand at providing similar touch-up work for any of your others (regardless of age). Your projects have always been very impressive, and polishing them up is genuinely enjoyable work.

EDIT: Looks like dev builds are working again, in regards to the issue with A_AlertMonsters. Crisis resolved, I s'pose.
Ed the Bat

Postby -Ghost- » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:45 pm

I like your tweaks, it's definitely handy to skip over empty weapons. Losing the GL on the AK isn't a big deal, I never found it all that useful of an upgrade anyway, to be honest. By the time I get it I usually already have the grenade launcher itself or plenty of frag nades.
-Ghost-

Postby Abba Zabba » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:47 am

Couple questions; why is the stun grenade level 2 and not level 3? In my opinion it seems like the stun is much more useful defensively (and ultimately superior; stun them and then follow up with the grenade launcher rather than waiting for the strong yet situational incendiary grenades to burn whatever you throw them at. Just my two cents.

Is the armor counter on the fullscreen HUD color-coded? Green for the 33% type armor, blue for the 50%. It's been awhile since I've played but those are the two things I remembered. Unless there's other armor types in this mod, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case. Thanks!
Abba Zabba

Postby wildweasel » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:15 am

Lava Grunt wrote:Couple questions; why is the stun grenade level 2 and not level 3? In my opinion it seems like the stun is much more useful defensively (and ultimately superior; stun them and then follow up with the grenade launcher rather than waiting for the strong yet situational incendiary grenades to burn whatever you throw them at. Just my two cents.

Is the armor counter on the fullscreen HUD color-coded? Green for the 33% type armor, blue for the 50%. It's been awhile since I've played but those are the two things I remembered. Unless there's other armor types in this mod, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case. Thanks!

The firebombs do waaaaay more damage over a short period of time. Stunners can be used to make a quick getaway, but firebombs can basically wreck entire rooms in no time flat.

The armor counter only displays blue if its value is over 100, if I recall.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Abba Zabba » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:33 pm

I was wondering if there was a informational file on all the items and stuff in the game like Nazis had. Did you make one or no?
Abba Zabba

Postby Ed the Bat » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:48 pm

Lava Grunt wrote:I was wondering if there was a informational file on all the items and stuff in the game like Nazis had. Did you make one or no?

Are you referring to the help option on the menu?
Ed the Bat

Postby wildweasel » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:37 pm

Yeah, it's all there in the menu this time around, which was a massive pain to code (more tedium than complexity, honestly; maybe next time around I'll figure out how to make a proper scrolling thing instead if that's possible).
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Captain J » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:28 am

i perfer the informational files at wad itself just like a what weasel did, and of course it should be a more worse than typing it on a notepad, but it's good at less the memories also file counts.

weldone.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Ed the Bat » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:18 am

So, quick question. Are enemy grenades supposed to provoke infighting? Because they do. Considering they're immune to one another's gunfire, due to these being projectile-based bullets and the enemies being of one common specie, the infighting is fruitless and just looks goofy.

If they're not supposed to infight over a grenade, I'll patch that up on my version. (I hesitate to call it that, because ideally, I would love to have it submitted for serious consideration as a bugfix/polish update to the official release. :P)

And yes, I continue to find more things to tweak every now and again. Work is never truly done, yeah? :)
Ed the Bat

Postby Abba Zabba » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:43 am

As far as I can tell, the terrorists of the exact same type won't hurt each other with their projectiles, but if they can use grenades (like the dude with the m60 that shouts "EAT THIS!") they can get pissed off at each other; often causing a never ending fire fight. But if the case is two monsters that can spawn in a certain monster slot (like the crouching dude in black and Scarface), they still in fight. Grenades should probably be changed to prevent this problem, though.
Abba Zabba

Postby wildweasel » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:59 am

This is one of those things that I opted to leave in deliberately, because the sight of the orange convicts going all out three stooges on each other with their pipe bombs is just too hilarious to me.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Captain J » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:05 am

after opened that wad, only DamageType "EnemyGrenade" was exist on enemy's grenade also pipebomb's actors but damagefactor for make every enemies resist the grenade damages from their own team. also few enemies doesn't have a NOINFIGHTING flag so they able to got damaged and keep on a infight, also felame taser didn't had it either.

otherwise just like a what weasel said, that's makes me a thinking those terrorlists must be a outlaw with lived like a wild hog.

EDIT: please do a more future update, eddy. my version's decent updating works needs you!
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Ed the Bat » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:58 pm

I just always felt that seeing the Enforcers hurting each other with the 'nades, then endlessly shooting each other with harmless machinegun fire, just looked goofy. It could easily have been stopped with the DONTHARMSPECIES flag. But, if it's intentional, I'll leave it as it is.

That being said, anyone who is in support of my updates to this mod is encouraged to download it again, as there have been a small handful of new fixes since the first time I linked it (same goes for my revisions to Nazis, for those who are interested).
Ed the Bat

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods