Weasel Presents: Terrorists!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Police Brutality (Weasel Presents: Terrorists!) - Beta #

Post by wildweasel »

SamVision wrote:The upgrade system reminds me of MoH Airborne, in fact, its identical.
uhhhhhhhhhhh yeah
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

SamVision wrote:The upgrade system reminds me of MoH Airborne, in fact, its identical.
Not totally, you don't level up really quickly by introducing everyone to Mr. Gunbutt in Terrorists!
Steve1664

Post by Steve1664 »

Here's another good WAD choice for this mod - Double Impact, a solid Doom Episode 1 replacement set; it even shares its name with a Dirty Harry movie for cryin' out loud! What more do you need?!?

The inclusion of the weapon upgrades is a great choice; it keeps you using the entire arsenal (all of which retains its utility, which is a plus), and the added bonuses and effects help a lot. I especially like the revolver getting a stock, grip and scope, having just finished Metro 2033 from my backlog personally. Can't wait to see what some of the heavier weapons get!
Rangaisia

Post by Rangaisia »

I played through DOOM 2 with this, and despite Xanirus' objections, I think the level requirements for the weapons are quite near to optimal. The sniper rifle and grenade launcher could have their level requirements ever so slightly downgraded, though. Both of these weapons have very specific uses, and are not used as often as the others.
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

I probably should've posted this when I made it, but I went out of my way to make a version with a working taser, and a bunch of other fixes including some modifications to the bosses, and making the Megasphere give composite armor. I made it originally for a coop session we were going to do but eventually dropped because ZDoom wouldn't stay synchronized long enough to finish more than two maps.
TheAdmantArchvile

Post by TheAdmantArchvile »

Playing some of the terrosits beta when I discovered this:

I think Wesker just pissed his leather briefs.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

The cyberdemon replacement is really lame, I took him out with the shotgun easily.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

/r/ cyberdemon replacement be a guy in a gorilla suit covered in homemade Ned Kelly armour
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

Hahahaha. Yeah, Wesker is kind of a huge pushover.

My version messes with him a bit by making him resistant to the taser and Black Boar, and giving him a particularly high-caliber revolver that will swiss-cheese composite armor, so fighting him head-on is not really a good idea anymore.
Steve1664

Post by Steve1664 »

Speaking of tasers, would one of the proposed taser upgrades be one of the long-range ones that fire off two lines into the target? 'Twould be a nice way to stun a high-threat enemy surrounded by lesser ones for a bit so you can take care of the small fry. Maybe if it seems too potent, balance it with a short cooldown duration, and limit its range to a reasonable length.
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

WildWeasel: Quick tip: The Seekers need [wiki=Actor_flags#Physics]+SlidesOnWalls[/wiki] so they can bounce off of the wall and not get stuck trying to charge for you.
WORrior

Post by WORrior »

I'm not sure if you need any help with this project but Mortal Kombat sprites seem to might come handy when it comes to hostages or Doom monster's "decoration" corpses.
04.png
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Kate wrote:WildWeasel: Quick tip: The Seekers need [wiki=Actor_flags#Physics]+SlidesOnWalls[/wiki] so they can bounce off of the wall and not get stuck trying to charge for you.
Fixed, thank you. That should be all the Seeker glitches down, I hope...
WORrior wrote:I'm not sure if you need any help with this project but Mortal Kombat sprites seem to might come handy when it comes to hostages or Doom monster's "decoration" corpses.
I do know a couple of people who would be quite excited to see Stryker dead on the floor, heh. It'll be better than recoloring the same office lady twice.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

I've quietly uploaded a new beta as of last night.

Changes (to the best of my memory):
  • Fixed issues with Seeker drones.
  • Wesker is more powerful.
  • Taser pain states for all! (all of the above: thanks Kate)
  • Kicks, taser, and grenades now have upgrade paths.
  • Statusbar HUD added (also appears on automap). Supports 4:3 and widescreen resolutions!
  • Taser pain states now differentiate between men and women.
  • New enemies over previous version: women with magnums and tasers, and a man in orange with a silenced pistol.
  • All hostages implemented!
  • Office Lady hostage now drops an Instant Levelup for the currently selected weapon. Drops nothing if killed.
  • Fixed some previous issues with fire grenades and damage thrust.
  • Enforcers got nerfed a bit.
  • New skill settings! Note that I removed the equivalent to ITYTD, so UV's equivalent is actually skill 3. Skill 4 makes enemies faster (and some have new behavior), and Skill 5 adds double-damage on top of that.
  • Probably a bunch of other stuff I forgot
Things I have left to implement:
  • There is one more enemy left to implement.
  • Title screen could get replaced.
  • Wolfenstein Nazis have yet to receive a special treatment. Hmm...
Get it here.
CorSair

Post by CorSair »

As about Wolfenstein Nazis, I think some neo-nazis would fit. Wears jeans, leather jacket, under jacket some random nazi symbol T-shirt, bald hair, uses the SMG and is more than eager to shoot you when you're on sight of their range. Would that sound good enough?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”