Weasel Presents: Terrorists!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Police Brutality (Weasel Presents: Terrorists!) - Downlo

Post by wildweasel »

niculinux wrote:I've noticed that if I fire point blank with the grenade launcher the explosion won't hurt, but I guess it will be fized, right? :wink:
Yeah, just a dumb typo on my end.
on second thought mabe the good ol pump action shotgun may find its way into the mod, changind a bit animations and sound (the original one I never liked !!! :x )
Not even sure what to make of this. I really don't want there to be more than one shotgun in this mod - I've had to make do with two shotguns in every Doom mod ever, and I'm just tired of that weapon's domination over the rest of the arsenal. So now not only is there only one shotgun, it does not even appear in the shotgun's spawn slot. Fuck Doom balance! =P
one more: weapons are final? I mean: no more of them eill be added? I don't know if wildweasel might consider to use the AR-10 modified by Neccronix.
I'm pretty happy with the assortment of weapons thus far; anything else that gets added had better be something really special that none of the other weapons do. (Ergo: no M4/M16/AR10, because I've already got an Uzi, an AK, and an M60 - what more do you want?)
For black weapons, besides the taser, Ithink it's room for fists or even bette, some karate moves YHAA! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The kick attack is already pretty powerful; I don't see why I ought to make it any more complicated than that.
the damage mad by the "green enemy thing fliying" (?????) (it shoots rockets, right) is rdicolus...it is suppose to kill with 1 or 2 shots, so that is another thing to fix. And please, make taht if it explodes will hurt the player
I messed with the damage numbers for the UAV's rockets quite a lot before settling on the current ones - I really feel like it'd be vastly overpowered at anything higher than what it is right now, especially with some maps' tendencies to throw many of them at you at once. As for hurting when it dies...eh maybe, I'll try it with a low-powered radius damage and see if that doesn't horribly break maps where you're expected to fight them in close-quarters.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Fuck Doom balance! =P
To be fair, the Super Shotgun is hilariously and recockulously imbalanced to begin with, so!
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

How would you like to pull off dual uzis? Same weapon with code to check for dual weapons?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

DoomRater wrote:How would you like to pull off dual uzis? Same weapon with code to check for dual weapons?
I would actually like to have a weapon experience system, similar to Medal of Honor: Airborne or the Duke3D mod War of Attrition. I just can't think of a good way to do that, that doesn't involve a ton of inventory tokens. Maybe I could do it with ACS...since I've already got one named script in here already (to control player speed for the Black Boar).
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

Only reason why I suggested something like a pump shotgun is, while the street sweeper is a good weapon, it doesnt "feel" satisfying to use. In movies and the like, shotguns are over powered, but with reason. Its like a hammer falling down; one big strike and then a cock or a reload in between. Gives it that thick satisfying feel. Theres been exceptions, like how they got the AA-12 done right in expendables, but even then something about a semi auto shotgun just doesnt "feel" fun to use. Gameplay wise its balanced, but outta all the weapons in there, it tends to be the last one I use.
CorSair

Post by CorSair »

Another awesome WW mod again? =P

As mod for itself, I haven't seen any bugs, except that GL's splash don't hurt you.
Sometimes, after few tazer hits, it won't work again? Does it got limited battery/usage for level?

Guns, in my opinion, are quite all right, mostly. Few notes, anyway.
Shotgun feels rather ham-fisted, due to manual shell discard system. Reload system, on the other hand, is good.
SMG is very popular in my hands. Probably because of abundant amount of 9mm ammo. And I would say NO for dualies. It is already good enough to deal lesser villains, and it fits very well. Or so I think.

For enemies, none feels out of place.
I like those guys who have tazer. They can be killed quite easily, but god forbid it when you get surprised and mobbed by one of them, and add being under heavy fire. Still, it's a nice touch.

And some (stupid, small) suggestions:
Some cubersome, less effective 40mm underslung grenade launcher for AK clone? Don't know if it is overpowered, but it might give nice versatility for situation to situation.
And are you still taking suggestions for new enemies?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

CorSair wrote:Sometimes, after few tazer hits, it won't work again? Does it got limited battery/usage for level?
There's a glitch with the taser that I can't seem to track down where it randomly becomes unusable unless you mess with the melee switcher and change weapons a lot...would appreciate some insight towards that...
Some cubersome, less effective 40mm underslung grenade launcher for AK clone? Don't know if it is overpowered, but it might give nice versatility for situation to situation.
I may look into that. Would need to figure out an attachment graphic for it, but since the AK is largely animated using Textures already, it wouldn't be a pain to actually implement...
CorSair

Post by CorSair »

Just a quick note that I managed to dig up problem with taser.

It's when you pick up Berserk Kit, it deactivates taser.
chronoteeth

Post by chronoteeth »

wildweasel wrote:
CorSair wrote:Sometimes, after few tazer hits, it won't work again? Does it got limited battery/usage for level?
There's a glitch with the taser that I can't seem to track down where it randomly becomes unusable unless you mess with the melee switcher and change weapons a lot...would appreciate some insight towards that...
I may look into that. Would need to figure out an attachment graphic for it, but since the AK is largely animated using Textures already, it wouldn't be a pain to actually implement...
Again, pointin to that m4 with m203 sprite, haha. You dont have to make it automatic though. Could make it A1 or A2, semi or burst fire only. Good balance
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

No M16's and here's a few reasons why:
  1. If it's semi-only, it joins the same group as the pistol, magnum, and sniper rifle.
  2. If it's burst-fire, what differentiates it from full-auto, aside from the fact that you're required to click the mouse for every burst? Couldn't you just do that with the Uzi or M60 already?
  3. Even if I said "what's the point of burst fire" and made it full-auto, it would literally just be the Uzi's fire rate with more damage, and I think this mod has enough full-auto weapons as it stands.
  4. I am trying to do away with the "more is better" mentality that plagued Nazis V2. If I were to stick to only one weapon per slot number, that leaves me with only two weapon slots left to do things with, and I honestly would rather not fill slots 9 and 0 with a weapon that might as well just duplicate the functionality of another one. As I said before, If I add any more weapons, they need to be really fucking special.
  5. I actually really hate the AR-15 design.
chronoteeth

Post by chronoteeth »

Thats fine, lotta people just seem to be adamant about having an underslung grenade launcher in the mod for some reason, but if you prock with that idea of a weapon leveling up system like MoH airborne or ratchet and clank, you can get away with that on like the AK anywho.

Anyways, the only reason why im so adamant about essentially another shotgun is just for that fact that the shotgun just feels on par with the diaz micro shotgun. It works but it just doesnt feel satisfying to use. There aint nuffin wrong with havin' a bit more realistic weaponry, but as it stands it just feels like its more of a pea shooter than anything, even though thats not the case because gameplay-wise its balanced and it has its uses. Its prolly my tastes anywho; semi auto shotguns tend to not feel as fun to use more than an auto or a pump or a break action. Bout the only actual game to get a shotgun thats semi and done right was rage, and thats id software; they know how to make a satisfying shotty.

On a more gameplay front there is one more thing that seems a smidge strange; all the projectiles for the attacks feel slightly too high, not in damage sense but in placement sense. Using like the pistol, uzi, and grenade launcher just feels a smidge off cause the actual projectile seems to come slightly above the guns themselves. Normally it aint the case with most weapon projectiles, but just because the actual projectile is smaller than usual, stuff like that sticks out and is more noticeable than anything.

Also, the enemy replacements are a lot of fun, and the sprite choices work, it just could be a bit hard to distinguish whats what. Since its all humans, its a lil hard to tell the change from a hell knight to like an imp. The same thing was applied to nazis, but they had a size difference. You could see what was bigger. Stuff like that isnt much of a problem because of the aesthetics of the mod, but just somethin to look out for.

One more thing, you might wanna make the blast radius for the lost souls just a tiny bit smaller, or a tiny bit less damaging. A lot of level sets and mega wads tend to have them bunched up together, or in tiny spaces. In the case of the latter, nothin's more annoying than opening a small pathway and to have a lost soul drone thingy blow up in your face.
niculinux

Post by niculinux »

chronoteeth wrote:Only reason why I suggested something like a pump shotgun is, while the street sweeper is a good weapon, it doesnt "feel" satisfying to use. In movies and the like, shotguns are over powered, but with reason. Its like a hammer falling down; one big strike and then a cock or a reload in between. Gives it that thick satisfying feel. Theres been exceptions, like how they got the AA-12 done right in expendables, but even then something about a semi auto shotgun just doesnt "feel" fun to use. Gameplay wise its balanced, but outta all the weapons in there, it tends to be the last one I use.
I agree with chronoteeth. Reloadin time think it's ok, but as for firin rate it may be solved increasin delay between a shot and another.

And please, (standin onmy knees :shock: ) no underslung grenade launchers at all, it's against doom philosophy, ant then I'd stick to "one weapon per task"

maybe, still room for dual berettas? As wildweasel did in another mod (can't remembet r it's name)

balance point: a fun addiction, but player is capable firing only one of them per time, plus, accuracy drammatically drops down. It may be fit the balancing, I think... :?

on the other hand, maybe also another smg may fit between brettas and uzi in terms of firing power, rate and damage, some examples I never saw in doom mod:
Spoiler: US M3A1 (the d.c. "grease gun")
(its usege is coming back in most asiatic countries, especially the philippines... :P )

Spoiler: Beretta M12
(italian smg! Italica virtus :lol: (some CIA officers used them in the vietnam war, and also US soldiers recently, but can't confirm...)
Spoiler: French smg MAT-49
(used by french police in thge '70?)

edit: if dual beretta will ever mke it in the police brutality: terrorists! mod would be nice to have the same reloadin animation in the video above, either only, either dual "usage"
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

niculinux wrote:And please, (standin onmy knees :shock: ) no underslung grenade launchers at all, it's against doom philosophy, ant then I'd stick to "one weapon per task"
If "doom philosophy" is what you're after, then this is not the mod for you.
on the other hand, maybe also another smg may fit between brettas and uzi in terms of firing power, rate and damage, some examples I never saw in doom mod
I think the last thing that this mod needs is more rapid-fire weapons, as I've just said about the M16 a few posts ago.
niculinux

Post by niculinux »

wildweasel wrote:
niculinux wrote:And please, (standin onmy knees :shock: ) no underslung grenade launchers at all, it's against doom philosophy, ant then I'd stick to "one weapon per task"
If "doom philosophy" is what you're after, then this is not the mod for you.
oh...ok :D
wildweasel wrote:on the other hand, maybe also another smg may fit between brettas and uzi in terms of firing power, rate and damage, some examples I never saw in doom mod
I think the last thing that this mod needs is more rapid-fire weapons, as I've just said about the M16 a few posts ago.
ok, absoluteli got it :wink:

How about a crossbow:
Spoiler: crossbow
or a pistol crossbow:
Spoiler: pistol crossbow
purposes:
pros: kill only human enemies without alert them, within a certain rang
cons: useless against armored and mechanized opponents

It might be equipped with a crosshair to enable snipinfire, and replace the current barret sniper rifle lookalike, but since it is already in the game, maybe next time/mod.....

also the revolver while it is wielded seems quite different from the pickup icon...(sorry hope I explained myself well)
so how about to change it?

I was thinking something like this:

obviously, without that ironsite mode

in the end, if it won't overload wildwease work: add an animation for tossing grenade (the arm and so on?)
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

wildweasel wrote:There's a glitch with the taser that I can't seem to track down where it randomly becomes unusable unless you mess with the melee switcher and change weapons a lot...would appreciate some insight towards that...
I don't know if it's the only cause, but if you have PowerStrength then it stops working. Taking it away using the console makes it work again.

It sounds like you screwed up the state jumps for the melee attacks.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”