Weasel Presents: Terrorists!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Viscra Maelstrom

Re: Police Brutality (Weasel Presents: Terrorists!): Update

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i believe the female civilians are basically just replaced power-ups, so i dunno how you'd go about making them more rare. aside from maybe let another civilian spawn with a weaker upgrade, and let the female ones be rarer as a result.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

maybe Faster or dodging moves, rapid fire, weaker health or more ammo drops would make 'em really different IMO.
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:i believe the female civilians are basically just replaced power-ups, so i dunno how you'd go about making them more rare. aside from maybe let another civilian spawn with a weaker upgrade, and let the female ones be rarer as a result.
Or the upgrade-kit could just give you a certain ammount of experience-points, not a whole level-up.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Can't wait. So wanna get back to blasting those mouthy bastards into the dirt.
Almost... makes me wanna work out how to fit some gore into the death animations. Mwehehehe...

Not sure if Blood style quite cuts it.
Probably gonna have to cut down on the allowed amount of red variants. Tricky.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

Linda the Office Lady replaces blurspheres - I think one is arguably more valuable than the other. Still, even in a megawad without so many of those, you'll find yourself upgrading all of the weapons to max before MAP18 if you use them correctly. Protip: go for the pistol first, the last upgrade makes it far more valuable for killing any enemy lower than Mancubus quickly in a tough spot.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Slax wrote:Can't wait. So wanna get back to blasting those mouthy bastards into the dirt.
Almost... makes me wanna work out how to fit some gore into the death animations. Mwehehehe...

More blood/gore would be a good addition.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

The pistol upgrades with fewer kills than many of the other guns. I'd say to use the Ibex kit on something that would take longer on its own.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Slax wrote:Image
if someone actally can make more gore addon, i would be so happy. Recent action film always had some unnecessary but satisfying gores and violence.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

I wonder if weasel can add a thing where some enemies can surrender after seeing so many of their comrades die like in NARC(the arcade game). You ARE police after all are you not?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Then it'll be require some of newly added sprites, such as reaching arms to the sky. And i think making a new sprites with those won't be easy. I mean, they're made out of real life pictures without any polishing like what RoTT did.

Oh, and about surrendering, they can be arrested, right?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

This is honestly one of those things that I don't really want to do because I can't think of any good gameplay function for it. The obvious answer is "make them give more experience," but how would they be triggered? What conditions would they choose to surrender? And how the hell would I get the sprites?

Remember, the theme is Police Brutality. That taser is for setting dudes on fire, not for non-lethal incapacitation. =P
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Image Image
Man, this is gonna be tricky.
NantoCodd

Post by NantoCodd »

SidDoyle's Droplets Gore mod compatible with WW's mods that use projectile bullet including this, just info for anyone who wants more gore for this mod.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

wildweasel wrote:This is honestly one of those things that I don't really want to do because I can't think of any good gameplay function for it. The obvious answer is "make them give more experience," but how would they be triggered? What conditions would they choose to surrender? And how the hell would I get the sprites?

Remember, the theme is Police Brutality. That taser is for setting dudes on fire, not for non-lethal incapacitation. =P
Well If you want to follow NARC's example, only when you kill multiple enemies in one shot, (this is possible, dukewooze's commando makes ludicrous gibs appear everytime you kill 3 or more enemies in one shot with the tnt.)

Code: Select all

script 702 (void)
{
	Delay(10);
	if((CheckWeapon("TNTBUNDLE")) && (CheckInventory("LudiGibs") != 1) && ( CheckInventory("KillCounter") == 3) )
	{
		GiveInventory("LudiGibs",1);
		Delay(10);
		if(CheckInventory("Health") > 0)
			ActivatorSound("Taunts/Gibs",277);
			SetFont("BIGFONT");
			HudMessage(s:"LUDICROUS GIBS!!!"; HUDMSG_FADEOUT, 0, CR_RED, 0.5, 0.25, 1.5, 3.3);
		Delay(35*6);
	}
	else if (CheckInventory("LudiGibs") == 1)
	{
		Delay(35*2);
	}
	TakeInventory("KillCounter",5);
	TakeInventory("LudiGibs",1);
}
I know this is gives the "item" to the player but If you can make the "item" use A_radiusgive to give nearby enemies a custom item to give them a chance to get to a custom state.

Mockup Example: (made in 1 min)

Code: Select all

Actor Fearstategiver : CustomInventory
	{
	States
	{
		Pickup:
		TNT1 A 0 A_Radiusgive (Fearstate, 256)
		stop
	}
}
As for the reward....I dunno, your right. Can't really think of anything unless you want to make specific upgrades that can be obtained from them
... or, just give bonuses every time you kill someone who surrenders :twisted: .

As for the sprites, just use the standing sprite with a white flag hovering on top of them (like the use sign on top of the civilians)

...But then again, this is your mod so feel free to tell me to fuck off.
Last edited by insightguy on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

wildweasel wrote:The obvious answer is "make them give more experience," but how would they be triggered? What conditions would they choose to surrender? And how the hell would I get the sprites?
well i presume they can be triggered into surrender with getting custominventory based item too much when some of enemies goes death state. but like you said, we need new sprites. so it doesn't need to be think about it seriously anyway. no mercy, all law.
Slax wrote:Image Image
Man, this is gonna be tricky.
A-re you sure, Slax? :shock:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”