Weasel Presents: Terrorists!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Somagu

Re: Police Brutality (Weasel Presents: Terrorists!): Update!

Post by Somagu »

Patriot1776 wrote:Okay, I hate feeling like a total noob saying this, but I need some help with this confounded github system. I know it makes development easier, but it makes it a PITA for the non-development folks to get the pk3 version of the project to actually play it. I need basic instructions on how to just only get the pk3 folder AS a pk3 file. Being as I am NOT a developer on this project, I would prefer NOT having to download the entire master development directory, I feel that I should not have access to those files since I'm not a developer, and then figure out how to put the pk3 directory contents into a pk3 file so I can actually play it. This is what has kept me from playing Tormentor's WolfenDooM project, the fact that I have to build the PK3 file seemingly from scratch from the master folder just to even play it, when I feel I shouldn't even be downloading the 'master' folder to begin with since I'm not a contributor. Does github permit you to just download the folder of what you need only?

Okay, firstly, a PK3 is literally just a renamed .zip file. Secondly, that's what the _zip.bat is for. Have fun.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I forgot to write the Ultra-Simple Readme File For Regular People, so that is now on the github page. But yes, it is actually not too hard. Here is the readme I just wrote.
Weasel Presents: Terrorists! (Police Brutality)

INSTRUCTIONS FOR PEOPLE
  1. Click "Download Zip."
  2. Extract that somewhere. Now you have a folder full of the development files. Don't panic, we'll put that together really easy.
  3. Run the "_zip.bat" file from where you extracted everything. Tell it whether you want a pk3 or a pk7. The difference is negligible, honestly.
  4. The result: you now have a ww-terror.pk3 file that can be run with ZDoom or GZDoom. (Just make sure you're running a development build, because I think it might break in the stable releases.)
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Thank you very, very much weasel for the help. I got it to working this way, AFTER grabbing the most recent 2.1 dev build of GZDoom. BTW, are the dev builds 64-bit, as that's what I'm running as far as my OS is concerned.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Dev builds intended for 64-bit machines are labeled as such; don't worry if they're not, though, because your machine will probably run them just as well regardless.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Been awhile since I played this (again), but do the black boar LMG guys still infight each other with their grenades since they don't have the 'don't harm species' flag? Can't test at the moment. IIRC, there was infighting like normal in this mod between the various punks, but the LMG guys weren't hurt by their own gun fire, since they're the same class. (Which was odd since bullets don't discriminate like hell magic)
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

They're supposed to deal damage to each other, but only a fraction of what they'd do to a player. I think I have to look it over again...
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

The player still starts with the vanilla Beretta instead of the taunt-supporting one (MJBeretta) FSR.

In the decorate file:

Code: Select all

Actor MJWildWeaselPlayer : WildWeaselPlayer 
{
	GibHealth -50
	Player.InvulnerabilityMode "reflective"
	Player.StartItem "MJBeretta"
	Player.StartItem "MJWWTWeapon"
	Player.StartItem "BerettaLoaded" 15
	Player.StartItem "MatebaLoaded" 3
	Player.StartItem "UziLoaded" 16
	Player.StartItem "AK47Loaded" 15
	Player.StartItem "StrikerLoaded" 6
	Player.StartItem "MJBarrettLoaded" 5
	Player.StartItem "MGLLoaded" 3
	Player.StartItem "MJM60Loaded" 50
	Player.StartItem "9mmAmmo" 30
	Player.StartItem "MJGrenadePickup" 1
	}
The new Beretta actor:

Code: Select all

ACTOR MJBeretta : Beretta replaces Beretta
{//code is basically the same except for a few taunt calls//}
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Are you actually replacing the player class? The game may still be selecting the original player.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

I set the player class to MJWildWeaselPlayer in the MAPINFO file.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

For anybody that cares, I finally pushed fixes to github issues relating to the alternate assault rifle. It now has proper raise/lower animations (albeit ones I hastily copied over from the AK) and doesn't wreck the sound channels when it runs out of ammo. This is now reflected in the git repo from page 1, so feel free to download at your leisure.

Still no idea how to approach fixing the EXP bars though.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Hey, good to see this mod is finally updated again. This mod is so far still one of my favorite mod you ever made in the past! Gotta hear some explosive voices of Mr. Falcon!
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Are the bars beside each weapon supposed to be upgrade bars? Are they WIP or supposed to be working already? They don't go up on my end (even if upgrades do work).
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Someone64 wrote:Are the bars beside each weapon supposed to be upgrade bars? Are they WIP or supposed to be working already? They don't go up on my end (even if upgrades do work).
They're supposed to fill in as you get kills with each weapon. They broke around the time I implemented the exp adjustment sliders, because that necessitated increasing the max amount of their corresponding inventory items enough that most sane values barely register a visible fraction of the bar.

In order to fix it, I'll have to find a way to translate the numbers so that it displays a proper proportion to the user setting. Which will require ACS and hacks, or it'll require me to rewrite the HUD in Zscript. Neither option is very appealing to me right now.

[edit] Orrrrrr all I need to do is change all the exp inventory items to ammo types and set their capacities with ACS. Wow. Okay. Fix is committed to the github and shit's now less broken.

[edit edit] I also adjusted the mod's menu system so that the Terrorists! Mod Options are now accessible from the top menu, leaving the options menu totally untouched. I would have done the AddOptionMenu method, but the Wiki does not describe how that's supposed to work and it kept throwing errors at me, so it's being done like this now. Either way, the resident Grand Menu Poobahs should now be appeased.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Yeah I was kinda confused when I checked the file and saw a menudef and thought the only way the file was used was for the help menu but there were options there I couldn't see.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

wildweasel wrote:Still no idea how to approach fixing the EXP bars though.
I could take a crack at it, if you want. ZScript should give us the power we need.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”