Weasel Presents: Terrorists!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Somagu

Re: Police Brutality (Weasel Presents: Terrorists!): Update!

Post by Somagu »

Ed the Bat wrote:
wildweasel wrote:Still no idea how to approach fixing the EXP bars though.
I could take a crack at it, if you want. ZScript should give us the power we need.
They're fixed now, actually. Just checked to confirm WW's last post.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

I missed that part... Alright, then.

Though, making EXP into ammo's will mean the all-weapons cheat will give one level-up to all weapons.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Another bug report: BR-16 scope doesn't zoom.

EDIT: More bugs: Pressing use on civilians sometimes just won't work. It doesn't seem to matter what kind of civilian it is and might have something to do with their position. Will test it more.
Enemies sometimes get stuck on walls by walking into them and then never moving (or possibly spawning into them? IDK how it happens but I see a lot of enemies walking in place while really close to/partially inside walls which doesn't happen with other mods or vanilla).
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Someone64 wrote:Another bug report: BR-16 scope doesn't zoom.
Not a bug, more like a feature I didn't feel like implementing. Honestly the scope looks kinda dumb being welded on to the carry handle like that, anyway, so I might try to figure out some other way to visually convey the accuracy upgrade (a planned future change will require me to reserve the +zoom key for something else, anyway).
EDIT: More bugs: Pressing use on civilians sometimes just won't work. It doesn't seem to matter what kind of civilian it is and might have something to do with their position. Will test it more.
If this is what I think it is, there is an old-ish bug where you can't rescue hostages if they're not awake yet. Beside that, I don't know what other situations can do that, so more detail is encouraged.
Enemies sometimes get stuck on walls by walking into them and then never moving (or possibly spawning into them? IDK how it happens but I see a lot of enemies walking in place while really close to/partially inside walls which doesn't happen with other mods or vanilla).
I'm reasonably sure this is because the hitboxes are different from the Doom equivalent monsters. I don't think it's possible to fix without making certain enemies harder to hit than their sprites would indicate, but I need more information on which enemies are doing this, and in which walls.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I can confirm the bug where hostages don't work. Mainly map 05, Doom 2. The secret where there's a Berserk behind the soulsphere. THAT FUCKING HOSTAGE. Don't answer at all.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

It can often happen enemies teleport in and even in map02 on Doom 2 in the shotgun teleport armor room sometimes enemies just get stuck when the door on that closes (it can look like they're partially inside the door). It can be quite inconsistent and even enemies that aren't teleported in can get stuck so giving a specific map where it happens consistently is impossible. I'll see if there's a map where this happens more frequently, though.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

wildweasel wrote: Not a bug, more like a feature I didn't feel like implementing. Honestly the scope looks kinda dumb being welded on to the carry handle like that, anyway, so I might try to figure out some other way to visually convey the accuracy upgrade (a planned future change will require me to reserve the +zoom key for something else, anyway).
Maybe a laser sight or an angled foregrip or something?

Thanks for going back through the mod to take a look at bugs.
Linz

Re: Weasel Presents: Terrorists!

Post by Linz »

Any mapsets you'd reccomend I play with this?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Linz wrote:Any mapsets you'd reccomend I play with this?
nothing in particular, anything should work as long as it's explicitly not hell-themed (though "80s action-movie terrorists take over hell itself" is certainly an amusing scenario)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

One hell of a bump there, tho i can see why.

Hellbound, Going Down, A.L.T. and City Assault on this mod might be cool.
Xim

Post by Xim »

Heh, yeah thought that post would be doomed for "the gallery" but I guess it was relevant enough.

Another map that might be good is Escape From Chinatown by Aluqah.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Xim wrote:Heh, yeah thought that post would be doomed for "the gallery" but I guess it was relevant enough.
honestly, my policy about bumps is I only send them to the Gallery if they're not specifically asking a question about the mod or giving feedback, and considering it's my mod this time around I didn't feel like being a jerk about it
Linz

Post by Linz »

Captain J wrote:One hell of a bump there, tho i can see why.

Hellbound, Going Down, A.L.T. and City Assault on this mod might be cool.

Ah yeah,thanks a bunch
Linz

Post by Linz »

Well it was fun playing Going Down with Terrorists

....God was it hard though
celulamp

Post by celulamp »

I upgraded my kick but it doesn't do the combo?

EDIT: You tap the button after to do the combo

Return to “Gameplay Mods”