Weasel Presents: Terrorists!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Big C

Re: Police Brutality (Weasel Presents: Terrorists!) - Screen

Post by Big C »

Maybe use an HK416 instead of an M4? I think the action in the HK416 is the same as the G36's, which IIRC is a somewhat more reliable rifle.

OTOH your chief concern here is what a bunch of terrorists, saboteurs and hooligans would be able to afford, which makes AKs more likely anyway. :U
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Yeah, that's been the deciding criteria for every weapon in here, is whether a band of terrorists would be able to afford it on a tight budget (except for the Beretta/Berducci, which is the player's starting weapon, and the Mateba/Mariani, which is because that was the best revolver sprite I had around that I haven't used to death).
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Massfab + Energy Condenser

I can afford any damn thing I feel like including mining laser + full quantum oh wait wrong game.

But on the topic of crafting, I actually wonder if a garage gun would be in the lineup at some point?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

DoomRater wrote:But on the topic of crafting, I actually wonder if a garage gun would be in the lineup at some point?
Why make it yourself when you can get it from former Warsaw Pact countries at bargain-basement prices? =P
niculinux

Post by niculinux »

niculinux wrote:2) add weapons with specific features, so player may choose to use wahtever suits to get the job done, in total should be between 10 and 15 tools o'destruction :P provided that resources already exists, otherwise, who cares!!! :lol:
wildweasel wrote:I may pull a Russian Overkill and make the "Weapon Zoom" button change firing modes for certain guns. The Berlinghoff AMR-82 uses it for a scope zoom, and the Black Boar LMG uses it to grip the bipod for stability, a la WWHC-Diaz's RPK.
ok, but personally I'm against either secondary weapons fire and sniper rifles wiht zoom capacity in doom, both of them are likely to pervert the nature of doom and make wads/megawads mooore easy, so the sense of challenge would be lost, so please would you not att them in olice brutality: terrorist?

ps: sorry but russina overkill is not one of my favorites.... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Only my 2 cents anyway..... :P

edit: for the m4 terrorist have lots of possibiliti to refund themself, at least nowdays.... :|
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

niculinux wrote:ok, but personally I'm against either secondary weapons fire and sniper rifles wiht zoom capacity in doom, both of them are likely to pervert the nature of doom and make wads/megawads mooore easy, so the sense of challenge would be lost, so please would you not att them in olice brutality: terrorist?
I don't see this being the case. The scoping in and the Bi-pod thing would most likely slow you down to compensate, and that tends to make things harder to dodge... or I think that's how it would work.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

I think you should stay in tune with that sort of action movie appeal to it. AKs and Uzis, theres already a good revolver and the alformentioned beretta. Stuff like the MP5, lever action shotgun, or like an m16 with the grenade launcher, etc.

Just no "glock 8s" please, haha
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

niculinux wrote:so please would you not att them in olice brutality: terrorist?
Too late, already in. Commence boycott! =P
chronoteeth wrote:Just no "glock 8s" please, haha
But it costs more than you make in a week! =P
chronoteeth

Post by chronoteeth »

now theres a gameplay mechanic: replace all barrels with metal detectors. That way, unless you have the glock 8 out, you wont be able to finish the level, which some how magically replaces the exits with airplanes you can board

on an unrelated note, for somethin of a wip ya might wanna be weary bout drdteam, if you dont want the beta to be shared. The search function already let me find a beta of it

Its not bad :y
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

A note for anybody that actually does this: the last version that got put on drdteam is a very old one. You're getting a very incomplete, very unbalanced version of the mod. A proper beta will be posted once I have more enemy replacements in (won't take long, I'm on a roll today).
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

chronoteeth wrote: which some how magically replaces the exits with airplanes you can board
Ha, doesn't Spy vs Spy do that?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

This appears if you press the Strife Popup Status key. Good way to get a view of your overall ammo load. (The gun icons and associated ammo numbers only appear if you actually have the guns in question.)
chronoteeth

Post by chronoteeth »

Not bad! Though feels kinda off without a pump shotgun. Idk why but it just feels like it'd fit. Theres one lil thing tho when it comes to the old version of the mod; matebas are actually semi auto revolvers. Top half of the gun slides back, which cocks the gun and spins the revolver. While it aint much, I think during the kickback frames it should slide back. Lil attention to details
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Get the first public forum beta here. Let me know if there are any major glitches, balance issues, or stupid crap that needs fixing.

This isn't 100% complete yet - there are still some hostages and enemy sprite sets that remain unimplemented at the moment, but you should be able to complete any given Doom level without encountering a default weapon or monster.
rollingcrow
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Police Brutality (Weasel Presents: Terrorists!) - Downlo

Post by rollingcrow »

This is great so far, only things I've noticed so far is your grenade launcher's splash damage can't hurt you and the smallfont's underscore letter appears as either a 1, 7, W, or nothing at all depending on the IWAD you're playing on.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”