Weasel Presents: Terrorists!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Police Brutality (Weasel Presents: Terrorists!) - Screen

Post by wildweasel »

marble wrote:maybe for the lost souls some kind of taser drone? and for the Pain elemental a flying dispeser of the things.
Again, do you know where I could find graphical resources for this sort of thing? Ideas are nice and all, but without some kind of sprites or a model to work with, there's no way they're making it in. I simply do not have the artistic capability to draw an entire monster set and have it look anything like the rest of the mod.
Zero X. Diamond

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

wildweasel wrote:... all the other photographic turds I'm using for enemy sprites...
You could always enlist the likes of somebody like Blox or whoever to go through and edit them to look a little less like garbage. Lord knows that guy can't get enough of editing sprites! As for flying enemies, you could always hack something together by editing some of the existing grunts together and slapping the jetpack from Duke Nukem 3D on the back of them. It could work!
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

wildweasel wrote:
DoomRater wrote:Instead of unmanned air vehicles, how about MANNED air vehicles! Jetpack mooks, even. Okay, Pain elemental I have no ideas for though.
The trouble is, no matter how awesome the idea is, getting the graphics for it is the most important part.
Isn't there a jetpack enemy from Kinsie's Reelism mod? Couldn't you edit that a bit?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

lizardcommando wrote:Isn't there a jetpack enemy from Kinsie's Reelism mod? Couldn't you edit that a bit?
As well-drawn as Jetpack Larry is, the Doom-style sprites will not mesh well with the photo-sourced TekWar ones without severe editing.
marble

Post by marble »

wildweasel wrote:
marble wrote:maybe for the lost souls some kind of taser drone? and for the Pain elemental a flying dispeser of the things.
Again, do you know where I could find graphical resources for this sort of thing? Ideas are nice and all, but without some kind of sprites or a model to work with, there's no way they're making it in. I simply do not have the artistic capability to draw an entire monster set and have it look anything like the rest of the mod.

yeah, this game: http://blog.wolfire.com/2012/06/Announcing-Receiver

altrough, if you don't have the game, it might be kind of difficult to get some suitable sprites. (the game is paid, not free)
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

He was raving about that game not too long ago, so I'm pretty sure he has it.
Xanirus

Post by Xanirus »

Weasel, a while ago you posted a mod that you said you gave up on that had bold outlined or comic-type characters. Is this the revamp of that?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Xanirus wrote:Weasel, a while ago you posted a mod that you said you gave up on that had bold outlined or comic-type characters. Is this the revamp of that?
Pretty much, yeah.
marble wrote:yeah, this game: http://blog.wolfire.com/2012/06/Announcing-Receiver

altrough, if you don't have the game, it might be kind of difficult to get some suitable sprites. (the game is paid, not free)
I do have this one, but the Killdrones may prove difficult to get sprites of, as I lack editing tools to view the in-game models. Also, they lack textures...
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

wildweasel wrote:
Terminator Rampage had enemy sprites for a drone like that, it would even fit in pretty well with the Tekwar sprites! (though it would explode instead of electrocute you. However, adding an eletrocution effect to it for the attack would be rather simple.)

Edit:
Yep, Zero X Diamond's full resource rip of Terminator Rampage is still up, including all the enemy sprites:
http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... mp-res.zip
Dan50

Post by Dan50 »

Looks awesome :D
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Awesome, I'd actually forgotten. I'll see what I can do with these, then!
Zombieguy

Post by Zombieguy »

I have one question...

Will this thing have a GoldenEye reloading system like that of your previous project - NAZIS?
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Zombieguy wrote:I have one question...

Will this thing have a GoldenEye reloading system like that of your previous project - NAZIS?
1-2 pages ago
I wrote:and is the reloading going to be cheap like NAZIS!, real reloading sprites, or no reload at all?
Wildweasel wrote: Reloads are slower, more like wwhc-diaz.
niculinux

Post by niculinux »

dear wildweasel, I'd dare :shock: to give you some advices for the mod :P

1) make that player can carry only 3 weapons, instead havin 8-9-10 at the same time, like the original doom (only for a bit of realism?...uh?)

2) add weapons with specific features, so player may choose to use wahtever suits to get the job done, in total should be between 10 and 15 tools o'destruction :P provided that resources already exists, otherwise, who cares!!! :lol:

3) add an M4, if possible?? I've seen only M-16 rifles in doom mods.... :oops: th m4 is a very unfamiliar weapon in the history of doom mods... :cry:

some examples that may fit well, need to work on them, of course :

and

some example from doom vercetti may help?

here:

thanks!!!!!

edit: replace ammo backpack woth a bandolir, if is possible?

but it have to provide less than half ammo than the original doom backpack

a (useless?) pic:

edit 2: make full compatible /usable with freedoom please? nearly 50% are not, accordin to my experience :(
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

niculinux wrote:dear wildweasel, I'd dare :shock: to give you some advices for the mod :P

1) make that player can carry only 3 weapons, instead havin 8-9-10 at the same time, like the original doom (only for a bit of realism?...uh?)
Unfortunately, a carry limit will make many megawads very difficult - the one time I experimented with carry limits with ww-magop.wad, I found myself backtracking a lot to change weapons more than I did actually using them.
2) add weapons with specific features, so player may choose to use wahtever suits to get the job done, in total should be between 10 and 15 tools o'destruction :P provided that resources already exists, otherwise, who cares!!! :lol:
I may pull a Russian Overkill and make the "Weapon Zoom" button change firing modes for certain guns. The Berlinghoff AMR-82 uses it for a scope zoom, and the Black Boar LMG uses it to grip the bipod for stability, a la WWHC-Diaz's RPK.
3) add an M4, if possible?? I've seen only M-16 rifles in doom mods.... :oops: th m4 is a very unfamiliar weapon in the history of doom mods... :cry:

some examples that may fit well, need to work on them, of course :

and

I actually do not like M4's or other AR-15 variants - in my opinion, they're far from reliable, expensive (therefore out of a terrorist faction's budget compared to the AK) and lack the simplicity of an AK. And before you ask me to put them both in together, that'd mean adding a whole new ammo type, and essentially making a third automatic that is between the Uzi and AK (when they're already not especially different to begin with!).
some example from doom vercetti may help?

here:

thanks!!!!!
I really don't want to crib material from other peoples' mods, if I can help it. It's one thing to borrow a whole set of enemy sprites from a 15-year-old FPS from a defunct company; it's another entirely to take work from another person's free mod - even with permission. I'd really prefer to do it myself.
edit: replace ammo backpack woth a bandolir, if is possible?

but it have to provide less than half ammo than the original doom backpack

a (useless?) pic:
I don't really see a functional difference between this and the current (borrowed from ww-nazis-v2) backpack, outside of appearance. Besides, many megawads and maps rely on the player getting large sums of ammo from backpacks, so I really do not want to limit that.
edit 2: make full compatible /usable with freedoom please? nearly 50% are not, accordin to my experience :(
No problem, I am barely using any of the stock Doom 2 resources, so Freedoom should work just as well as Doom 2 does.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”