Weasel Presents: Terrorists!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
rsl

Re: Police Brutality (Weasel Presents: Terrorists!) - Screen

Post by rsl »

insightguy wrote:and is the reloading going to be cheap like NAZIS!, real reloading sprites, or no reload at all?
wildweasel wrote:
  • This is a Hollywood-realism mod - weapons recoil and need to reload, but that's all! No complicated magazine systems, no bandaging, no weapon slot limits.
:wink:

Oh, and by the way the modification looks promising! :) Also, even if the graphical style of enemies is quite different from "id style" (i.e. DOOM, Wolfenstein, etc.) I don't think it should stop anyone from enjoying the mod at all :!:
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Die Hard: The Mod. Looks fun :P
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

insightguy wrote:hey, when you release this, may i have some of the weapons?
It might be easier for you to go straight to the source for your weapons, i.e. Mike12 for the pistol, Necronixxus for some of the others. The grenade launcher and other model-ripped weapons probably wouldn't look very nice in other mods, but heck, you're welcome to try...since I don't exactly claim ownership to those, I can't exactly stop you from doing stuff with them yourself, but all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due, and if you can help it, don't just steal them wholesale without any modifications whatsoever (though since I'm animating them with Textures, doing that would be kinda hard anyway!).
and is the reloading going to be cheap like NAZIS!, real reloading sprites, or no reload at all?
Reloads are slower, more like wwhc-diaz.

I'm happy to say that every default Doom weapon is now replaced, and all I have left are a few leftover Doom enemies to replace and some more hostages to implement - then I might consider starting the public forum beta stage.
Sgt Dopey
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Sgt Dopey »

So reloading is like hollywoods? Does that mean guns have more ammo per clip than their real life counterparts?
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Magazine sizes are (generally) correct to the real weapons, but some clichés are adhered to, such as pulling the slide on the Berducci instead of pressing the slide-release, and being able to wield the LMG one-handed (with the other hand holding the ammo belt). This mod will relish in its cheesiness (but that should not be taken as an indication of the actual quality of the mod, just the general style I'm going for).
Steve1664

Post by Steve1664 »

Weasel, you magnificent bastard, you've done it again. This looks very, very slick and enjoyable. Now to line up some suitable WADs to run this through. . .
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

wildweasel wrote: ....and two, to start a social experiment about whether my thread would get more attention if it had the word "Brutal" in the title. =P
Oh god, my sides.
Looking awesome so far though, reminds me of a mix between the aforementioned 80's/90's action films and the arcade game NARC.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

Oh man, stuff like this brings opportunity for some really rad stuff. 80s-90s action movies experimented a bit, and there was a hella big variety of weapons. Like you could see that big ass rifle or an upgrade for that beretta to resemble murphy's modded burst beretta from robocop, or like, that railgun from eraser, or shit, list goes on! We'll just have to see when its out
SuperCrazyMan

Post by SuperCrazyMan »

This looks awesome! :D I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this. ;)
Zero X. Diamond

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

Mike12 wrote:... the arcade game NARC.
Now if one of the low-level enemies doesn't whine "Oh no, the NARC, man!" I will be disappointed.
Rangaisia

Post by Rangaisia »

This mod seems to progressing on a quite nice pace. Definitely going to try this as soon as it comes out.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

wildweasel wrote:
insightguy wrote:hey, when you release this, may i have some of the weapons?
It might be easier for you to go straight to the source for your weapons, i.e. Mike12 for the pistol, Necronixxus for some of the others. The grenade launcher and other model-ripped weapons probably wouldn't look very nice in other mods, but heck, you're welcome to try...since I don't exactly claim ownership to those, I can't exactly stop you from doing stuff with them yourself, but all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due, and if you can help it, don't just steal them wholesale without any modifications whatsoever (though since I'm animating them with Textures, doing that would be kinda hard anyway!).
I actually needed them with the sleeved black gloved hands. was planning to do it myself, but it seems you already did some. :D
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

This looks sleek and wonderful. Want. Very badly. Also lol at the hollywood cliches.
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

I've always wanted to play a game that's like a hollywood action movie but there are none. I guess this is as close as I'll get :D
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

I dunno SuperFighters came close to me, but its focus is clearly different than a first person shooter. And it's pixelated.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”