Weasel Presents: Terrorists!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Re: Police Brutality (Weasel Presents: Terrorists!): Update

Post by Slax »

Captain J wrote:A-re you sure, Slax? :shock:
No.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Police Brutality (Weasel Presents: Terrorists!): Update

Post by Captain J »

then no more extra-movie violence for this mod then, good job anyway. :(
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Police Brutality (Weasel Presents: Terrorists!): Update!

Post by wildweasel »

The update is here!

Changes:
  • Thanks to PillowBlaster, some weapons look somewhat nicer than they used to. New sleeves, too!
  • Revolver has been reverted to its original firing sound from older versions. I decided I liked it better.
  • UAVs have 100 HP less than they used to because megawads love spamming them too much.
  • UAVs have slightly less chance to fire a four-missile salvo.
  • Tasering enemies no longer produces a horrible loop of screaming noises. Enemies now scream only once per tase.
  • Tasering produces an altogether more satisfying visual effect.
  • Women have more than one goddamn taser scream.
  • Real Weapon Names patch has been updated (included!), to also change the name of the Taser. Its "default" name is also changed. Load Language.realnames.txt alongside ww-terror.pk3 to use.
  • Shotgun no longer makes deafening ricochet noises when fired at a wall.
  • Other changes I probably forgot.
  • Sorry, this still doesn't include Ed the Bat's changes, I completely forgot.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

hope you can add the ed's patch at next update if you think it's pretty useful, if that's not a final revamp for this final version.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Captain J wrote:hope you can add the ed's patch at next update if you think it's pretty useful, if that's not a final revamp for this final version.
Well, I still gotta go through all the changes he made, figure out what was changed, and decide whether or not I want to implement them myself. That's a bit of a pain and I keep forgetting to do it.
Josh771

Post by Josh771 »

Read the last page and was thinking about that "surrender" mechanic. I don't like it, but I do like the thought of adding some kind of combat psychology here. Causing enemies to panic and flee (there's a flag for that, right?) could have its tactical advantages. Every dying opponent could increase nearby fear factors with A_RadiusGive, and this factor could worsen their aims and, eventually, cause them to flee.

It wouldn't take any new sprite work, although adding voices yelling for help or retreat or something would be a nice touch. Of course, you'd have to counterbalance all this by making the enemies more lethal.

EDIT: Ooh, another idea. Suppressing fire. Make bullet puffs or something that use A_RadiusGive to make nearby enemies flee temporarily. I dunno. Just a thought. :P
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

SidDoyle wrote:Ooh, another idea. Suppressing fire. Make bullet puffs or something that use A_RadiusGive to make nearby enemies flee temporarily. I dunno. Just a thought. :P
very, highly recommended for zombieman replaced enemy or citizens.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

wildweasel wrote:
Captain J wrote:hope you can add the ed's patch at next update if you think it's pretty useful, if that's not a final revamp for this final version.
Well, I still gotta go through all the changes he made, figure out what was changed, and decide whether or not I want to implement them myself. That's a bit of a pain and I keep forgetting to do it.
GitHub pull request lays it all out for ya.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Ah. GitHub Desktop really sucks at telling me about pull requests. Your changes are merged.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Beautiful! I was on edge for three days over this. :P

So, from now on, if I see an issue to discuss (not necessarily changes, but more like 'Did you notice this?' kinda stuff), what's the best way to mention/report them? I bumped into a few while I was playtesting over the past couple of days.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Ed the Bat wrote:Beautiful! I was on edge for three days over this. :P

So, from now on, if I see an issue to discuss (not necessarily changes, but more like 'Did you notice this?' kinda stuff), what's the best way to mention/report them? I bumped into a few while I was playtesting over the past couple of days.
I suppose pull requests will help. I know now that I need to check Github itself for those.

[edit] The mod download has been updated. The most important fix is that there is now an option to turn on weapon autoreload.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

I haven't looked too much into it, but I assume there's a means to have GitHub email you when something like a pull request comes in, so you don't need to keep checking the web interface all the time. Anyway, I guess I'll go fiddle with the new issues I've stumbled over and make pulls on them, if it seems appropriate.

Also, this one seems more like an engine limitation, and there's not so much I can do about it... I've mentioned that there's a ZDoom gameplay option to let the player select weapons even if they have no ammo, and I know that's something you wanted available. But I've come to find there are a couple of caveats to that... first, while you can select these empty weapons with their number keys (or whatever your bound keys are for the slots), you cannot select them with the next/prev weapon toggles; they'll get skipped over there. Second, trying to pull the trigger on them will immediately make the engine lower them and pick a different weapon; you cannot dryfire them. This doesn't necessarily impact gameplay, but I find it disappointing.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

I, for one, accept our new pillow-launching overlord.

Small nitpick: the ALTHUD displays the 40mmG ammo type with the wrong icon.
Keralastic

Post by Keralastic »

Is this intended?

Also, I noticed the Mateba uses the wrong sprites during the reload if it has the carbine kit upgrade.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

weasel has told me this is, indeed, intended between enemies who can throw grenades. As for the Mateba, I see it too. The stock and foregrip are lit up as if by a muzzle flash when reloading.
Last edited by Ed the Bat on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”